DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/26/22

Technico Support

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

He's been out like 3 weeks now and someone floated the idea he wasnt re-signed

Can’t not have Chuck. I know I say this a lot but those guys are the heart and soul of the promotion. We’ll look back one day and really appreciate how important Best Friends have been to AEW than we already do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Chuck Taylor is this silent little planetoid that so many Major Indie Dudes have circled around before launching to the top. Ricochet, Gargano, Cassidy being the big three. Boys with Excalibur and the PWG set. Boys with everybody that came out of the CZW/CHIKARA side. Chuck was never going anywhere.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

He was on the last two episodes of Rampage! Just had to check my DVR to make sure I wasn't seeing things ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I've heard of Danhausen but this is the first time I've seen him having never sought him out. What's his gimmick?

He's possessed by/is the devil? The whole thing is played for laughs. He's like one of those 1980s syndicated TV hosts who pitches to public domain horror movies on network TV. Very silly fun character, will probably fit perfectly in the lower to mid card.

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I wasn't likely to care for OC-Cole to begin with, but I'm surprised they thought that was worth the lights out stip with all the garbage they've been doing on a near weekly basis. Didn't really distinguish itself from anything else on these shows. Maybe could have been a falls count anywhere? Finish was about on par with a couple of those they've done. But of course the stip was clearly about the contrivance of keeping Cole's record "clean."

Curious where Cole goes from here. Do we really think he's rushing to the PPV match with Page? 

• Like 3

Feeling more stoked for what's coming up than really anything that happened tonight. I thought the ladder match was fun but the "flow" was a little off. I was kind of tired tonight so I was half checked out by the time OC/ACBB started, a few fun spots for what it's worth.

I do like how AEW continues to just take it's time with things. The Jericho/P&P saga, whatever's going on with Julia. But for what's coming, real high hopes for Rampage with Jurassic Express and Private Party, and definitely next week for House of Black and Death Triangle and what seems to be an Atlantic City death match for Page and Archer.

Well, even the "lesser" Dynamite episodes are at least still watchable and do enough to keep people invested.

Might as well.... I mean, I get why people like Danhausen but curious how he's actually gonna fit in here. I mean isn't the dude pretty much just the mummy from Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

3 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

He's possessed by/is the devil? The whole thing is played for laughs. He's like one of those 1980s syndicated TV hosts who pitches to public domain horror movies on network TV. Very silly fun character, will probably fit perfectly in the lower to mid card.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I wasn't likely to care for OC-Cole to begin with, but I'm surprised they thought that was worth the lights out stip with all the garbage they've been doing on a near weekly basis. Didn't really distinguish itself from anything else on these shows. Maybe could have been a falls count anywhere? Finish was about on par with a couple of those they've done. But of course the stip was clearly about the contrivance of keeping Cole's record "clean."

Curious where Cole goes from here. Do we really think he's rushing to the PPV match with Page? 

If not Cole, who? I think it's nice symmetry with Britt's path to the title and you can reheat him while keeping him a shit bird heel in time for the ppv. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm not sure who the heels and faces are supposed to be in the Jericho/P&P situation.

This is why it's a well written story imo. Even though there's a conflict, both sides are being perfectly reasonable so far. I'm expecting they'll make it very clear who the heel is eventually.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

If Danhausen doesn't become the fall guy for Darb 'n Sting, ???

Have not seen Danhausen do his thing yet either, but I can see Old Man Sting at least trying to turn heel and walk out after losing patience with and snapping on that gothball, while Darby looks on and somehow becomes a man in the process. Good way to split those two without any I'll feelings between and no goodbyes or sorry shit.

Also, how long has Cody been throwing dead accurate forearm smashes like that? Is it a height ratio thing with him and Sammy's head?

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

At the very least, there's some symmetry with Britt's loss to Rosa. There's storytelling value with these Lights Out loses down the road.

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

If not Cole, who? I think it's nice symmetry with Britt's path to the title and you can reheat him while keeping him a shit bird heel in time for the ppv. 

Their options are limited. Bryan's moved on to Mox. Jericho will be knee-deep in Kingston/IC stuff. I can't see them rushing to Cody or Kenny that fast, not that Omega is that close to ready nor should he be rushing. Punk and MJF probably aren't finishing things off after one. Black has settled into the tag division. Andrade is going with Darby and pretty cooled off. So it's probably Cole.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

Yeah, things have been in a kind of stasis outside of Punk/MJF, especially after Danielson and Page settled their score. Not been the best stretch of AEW tv. They should have 3 or 4 people warm enough to bump up for a believable title match but that isn't the case right now. Miro is still MIA too. God is going to get it real good. 

I honestly feel for @Jijiwho didn't want him in AEW to say the least.  But I can't help but loving that gothy goofball and I think Danhausen's going to be a nice fit.  Plus this might be the chance to get my friend's soon-to-be father-in-law to finally check him out since he's a huge Svengoolie fan.

I haven't seen anything from Velvet/Hirsch on but I'm okay with finding out what happened.  I will say for what I saw so far I thought it was pretty damn incredible.  I wish they had just the ladder match be the gimmick one for the week but man that was wild.

• Like 3

I've not seen Danhausen either but a quick look through YouTube tells me he could be an amazing partner/rival for OC.
10 minutes of clips had me giggling and damn, dude got to do an interview with Conan O'Brien and talk about how he influenced/inspired Danhausen as a performer. Incredible stuff.

• Like 1