DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/26/22

Technico Support

Ladder match scratched the itch for crazy high spots. Holy shit, dudes.  Please don't die.  Right guy went over.  This match seems to have put the heat back under Sammy's title reign.  Let's keep it on track by finding him some quality opposition and book more title defenses.  I like that this card will be bookended by garbage gimmick matches.  

Hobbs and Starks interview was hilarious.   I love the idea of having an interview for Beach Break where the body of water in the backdrop is frozen solid.  Hobbs out in 16 degree weather wearing airbrushed hood dungarees and a fur coat was tremendous.

Trios match was what it was.  I like how Jericho stood by his crew in spite of the disrespect.  That piledriver, tho.  P&P did not turn heel.  I guess that will happen when Kingston is back on television.

Pinnacle beat down of Punk was superb.  I thought for sure that Wardlow would face turn in his hometown, but maybe it is better this way.  MJF is such a terrific shitdick.  I hate him so much.

Red Velvet had the right idea when she went in hot and she got in her axe kick spots before Leyla slowed things down.  For once, Red Velvet had the experience edge and they protected her by having Leyla cheat to win and then try to break her arm in the post match ambush.  Beating Stat would be huge for Leyla but I think that Stat is next in line for a shot at Britt, so the Little Russian That Could should be shrieking while hanging upside down in the Spider Crab when that match ends.

Brody King is rather articulate for a big tattoed guy.  Nice suit, too. 

I admire Britt for maintaining heel stylings even when being cheered.  I don't think that Cleveland was booing Britt so much as they were booing the Pittsburg Steelers.

RIP Anthony Bowens and Julia Hart on Rampage.  There has to be a joke that starts off "Did you hear the one about the one-eyed cheerleader?" but I can't think of it.

I am not sure if I need to see Soho vs. Rose 2 with Nyla probably booked to win the sequel and force a rubber match, unless Ruby hits that ginormous Saito Suplex again on Nyla's big ass.

Adam Cole and Orange Cassidy have a street fight in plain ol ring attire in a normal ring. What the fuck, guys?  It might not be the five-star parking lot brawl between P&P and Best Friends, but at least Cole & Cassidy started off clubbering. And then, DANHAUSEN!  Adam Cole targeting the hand to neutralize the Orange Punch was fucking veteran. The parade of stables running in was fucking great.  The neutralizing of the Orange Punch came into play, but this time Cassidy had a counter for the low blow.  Khan has tons of money.  He won't mind Cole trashing those monitors at all.  Stage breakaway finish was obviously preplanned but that shit did not look overly padded at the bottom.  What a crazy fucking dive.  I am happy that Orange finally gets his revenge.  God bless Adam Cole for taking that bump.  He is a better man than I am.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 8

This was the best Dynamite in a good long time. Everything just clicked for me. Opener and main event were both insane. Big win for Leila. Though long, I thought the MJF/Punk segment was pretty good, and different enough from their other encounters that it wasn't terribly repetitive like I thought it was going to be when it started. Britt's promo warmed my shitty little Steeler heart. Last but not least, I'm breathing a sigh of relief Chuck Taylor's still with them. And how great was that House of Black package?

• Like 7

Been a while since I've seen a one on one ladder match, and it turns out I still have a higher tolerance for it than I expected. Easier to keep focus that way, don't have guys scrambling to interfere in spots, no risk of standing around in a group waiting to catch someone. All the big spots hit well, loved the cutter. Cody holding Sammy for the delay on the superplex was nerve-wracking. Could have done with them going a beat faster getting to the contrived senton, but it is what it is. Liked how quick Sammy went for the belts after chucking Cody out at one point, could always do with more of that urgency. Very fun.

MJF can't take people on a long verbal journey as seamlessly and as naturally as Punk, but that's not the biggest knock in the world since Punk's among the greats. He needs chances like this, even if he risks going long. Shame Sting and Darby weren't there. 

Excited for FTR vs Lee/Brock. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 9

Y'all wanna know what makes my curmudgeonly ass giggle like a little girl? That Danhausen reveal. I laughed like someone just shoved a Jackson brother into oncoming traffic. That shit got me.

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

DANHAUSEN IS ALL ELITE

Sickest stunt Tony Conman has pulled to date. I thought we were safe getting out of the episode unscathed by Garganus but this may be worse. Would've been a fine lol moment if that was the last we see of him on tv. But Khan always has to push limits. Sick fuck. 

Ladder match was a spectacle as was the main event. Best stunt bump they've done to date. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Last but not least, I'm breathing a sigh of relief Chuck Taylor's still with them.

...but Chuck has been on most shows, at least coming out to the entrance ramp with his team? Or is this a bit, like how everybody loves Hook? ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Been a while since I've seen a one on one ladder match, and it turns out I still have a higher tolerance for it than I expected.

Agreed 100% on this. I was a little whatever going into it because the last one I saw was the opener from GCW the other night, and I found myself having the same reaction. Night and day. This was killer

• Like 5

Cole/Orange was good TV main event that gave the fans what they wanted. Can't expect absolute brutality all the time but it wasn't bad for an Epic Adam Cole match. Honestly, all I could think of was his skinny arms and pale complexion (great way to get heat), but then he went straight upside down on that table and although I don't think he meant to fall retarded like that (first thing I noticed was Orange pulling him down in almost seated position), it took my mind off Cole's physical imperfections and showed me the heart of the man. But it was indeed a retarded way to fall.

The ladder match pretty much just became "let's see how many finishers we can do off the ladders". Glad Sammy won and there was no Cody gaga afterwards.

I'm not sure who the heels and faces are supposed to be in the Jericho/P&P situation. I'm not sure that I care either, just get Jericho away from them.

I was pretty indifferent on the OC/Cole match, especially with the No DQ stip that it seems AEW does way too often. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised by how much you enjoy a match, and I was highly entertained with what they did here. Danhausen showing up got a total mark out from me, especially the way he just...happened to be under there like it was completely normal. He didn't get involved with the match or do his teeth spot or anything, it was just like he was a random audience member who happened to have a seat under the ring.

...and it's official

• Like 9