DVDVR Message Board

2022 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

RIPPA

On 1/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, RIPPA said:

Just realized that I never started a new thread

Death's Door and the Hitman Trilogy hit Game Pass tomorrow (Jan 20)

I just installed Hitman. I'll probably still end up buying it on PS5 next sale with the Deluxe edition because I own it there, but I'm looking forward to doing some assassinating!

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for February 2022

* PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for PS5 version of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure.

**PS5 console only. PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for PS4 version of Planet Coaster: Console Edition.

Edited by kenyabaxterZXW

14 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Why do they even bother anymore? 

I wondered the same thing. Meanwhile, I finally uncovered the fact to my daughter that I bought a Series X. I was like, we have this thing called Game Pass and you can literally play any of these games that you want. It was like there were too many choices for her to settle on. She wound up trying Psychonauts 2 and really didn't like it. While watching her, I have to say I didn't think it looked all that great either so that's a pass. 

Game Pass is incredible and I will be sad when they increase the price in the future. Will have to decide if it's worth it. Right now I'm playing way too much Halo so it's fine. But a great service and the future of mainstream gaming. 

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Game Pass is incredible and I will be sad when they increase the price in the future. Will have to decide if it's worth it. Right now I'm playing way too much Halo so it's fine. But a great service and the future of mainstream gaming. 

If they increase the price in the future, then it shouldn't impact me for about 2 years. I bought 2 years worth of 3 month cards when cdkeys had them for cheap.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If they increase the price in the future, then it shouldn't impact me for about 2 years. I bought 2 years worth of 3 month cards when cdkeys had them for cheap.

Yeah, I'm covered through like June I think, and I'll probably try to buy a year or so worth next time I have the funds and it's cheap.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I did the Xbox All Access thing so I'm covered until July 2023.

Same

Though I pretty much already know I am keeping it unless they like triple the price - and even then....

Lunar New Year sales from all the big names - Epic Game Store, Steam, Humble Games, and GOG.  

And Epic has their weekly free game though I forget what it is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tabe said:

Lunar New Year sales from all the big names - Epic Game Store, Steam, Humble Games, and GOG.  

And Epic has their weekly free game though I forget what it is.

It's Daemon X Machina.  I played the demo before and couldn't get the hang of it but may give it a go this time around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read the blurb for classic Colonization and loved this line: "Angry natives and rival powers can encroach upon your territory."

I mean, I get that the game is a quarter-century old and sensibilities change. But I think even back in the mid-nineties most people who read a sentence about the natives encroaching on "your" territory would have a bit of an "Umm, wait a minute..." reaction.

(Unless the natives can, in fact, launch an invasion of Europe. That would be awesome. But I'm pretty sure it's not in the game.)