DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Riho/Kyona was awesome as expected, hell of 4-5 min match. Great to see KC Spinelli (who doubled as a security guard that Jade knocked out a couple weeks back) and Alexia Nicole. Both were very good semi-regulars on Impact a few years back when they were more Canada-based. Always thought KC especially was excellent, underrated, and should've been signed. Emi/Serena fantastic together. Glad to see Zack Clayton racking up some wins and digging the Work Horsemen a bunch lately.

• Like 3

Riho/Kyona was fucking great.  I think Riho needs to tag with Kyona and work Mei / Emi.

I also like the booking of Nick Comoroto vs. Ricky Starks.  The ultimate rookie mistake of being so concerned about your cheatin' homies being ejected that you give your opponent time to recover and mount a comeback.  Excellent match.

I love the Workhorsemen.  I wish they would book them the occasional upset or send a win streak their way before they start losing heartbreakers against top-ranked teams.  Workhorsemen should at least get some fifty fifty against the Blondes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

Stardom has an endless pipeline. It's remarkable how they continually not only plug holes but often improve upon the original wrestler. But they often just sign talent from smaller promotions.

They have signed away a handful or so. Others were already freelancers. Most of the promotion is still homegrown though its probably the closest we have seen between homegrowns (17) vs. outsiders (14-15).

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  As I await young pukes to show up and take my precious candy, I will watch the ELEVATION!   So far no youngsters have shown up.  I live in a depressed neighborhood as far as Chesterfield county is concerned.  Diamante!  Madison Rayne!  Daddy Magic likes Rayne's sparkly coat.  Diamante Beats on Rayne enough to get the crowd into Madison Rayne's STRUGGLE to escape the opening match offense of Diamante.  Hey!  Rayne did a slick roll-up for the pin.  Well, it was kind of awkward to set-up, but it was Rayne SHOWBOATING her limberness.  It's Rhett Titus!  HE is a former ROH TV Champion so HE is challenging Jericho Wednesday!  Here, he wrestles Frankie Kazarian, who used Option C with the X-Division title last week.  Titus hits the standing dropkick!  Titus hits a very odd spinning Suplex Thingy.  Kazarian does a Diamond Cutter variation for the win.  It's Keira Hogan!  It's Skye Blue!  Kiera Hogan is a Baddie, so she isn't supposed to win.  I am very old.  Hogan whips out a neat new finisher!  It was like a Dangerous Backdrop but spinning and crazy.  That was surprising.  AWESOME!  BRANDON CUTLER!  And it's Dante Martin!  This should rule.  I must disagree with Schiavonne.  Brandon Cutler is ALSO ruggedly handsome.  Dante Martin and Cutler both trip like comic clutzes!  Cutler uses Martin's sudden clumsiness to get in his dancing Elbow Spots!  It gets extended!  Martin gets MAD PHAT AIR!  I wish that was longer.  Janai Kai!  She should work stiffer if her gimmick is that she is a MMA ass kicker.  Athena WILL lay it in so Kai should lay it in.  Kai kicks her in the back a lot. Athena returns by kicking the fuck out Kai.  THEN, Athena IS the Nasty Boys as she beats the living shit out of Janai Kai.  Kai takes Athena's finisher the best of anyone so far.  Athena is so fucking awesome.  Postmatch, she STARTS turning heel!  The Best Friends wrestle 3 dudes.  Eddie Kingston and Ortiz wrestle 2 dudes!  Eddie Kingston does his Kenta Kobashi corner thing.  HE does the Kawada Stretch Plum and doesn't let go!  Eddie Kingston is going WILD!  HEY! IT'S TRISH ADORA!  It's AEW Women's Division DEFENDER OF THE FAITH, JADE CARGILL!  It's Leila Grey!  Grey is on her second year of her career so she is actually really good.  Trish Adora takes an ass beating like someone who needs to get signed.   Nyla Rose shows up postmatch banging trashcan lids and doing her Brandon Cutler dance moves!  This is fun.   Danhausen brings his BattlARTSIAN wrestling stylings to the ring.  It's the NUMBER ONE HEAT MACHINE IN AEW, QT MARSHALL!!!  Danhausen starts by CRUSHING HIS HEAD! HE'S CRUSHING HIS HEAD!  He is also giving away the secret of his gimmick.  They work an Arm Wringer and Headlock section as we go back to 1974 Mid Atlantic Wrestling in Norfolk, Virginia.  Danhausen channels Wahoo McDaniel and hits a batch of Knife-Edged Chops!  QT throws great punches.  GREAT Backbreaker by QT!  GREAT Verical Suplex and Elbow Drops by QT.  QT GARNERS THE HEAT by wearing Danhausen's cape!  SWEET Released Northern Lights Suplex by Danhausen!  Hey!  It's Lee Johnson!  HE TURNS HEEL and chucks Danhausen into the ringpost!  Danhausen doesn't fucking BLADE so I am disappointed. QT hits the Diamond Cutter to get the pin!  That was great!  Needed blood.  Big Shotty is marrying Julia Hart so he has to TURN EVIL!  That was fun episode of Elevation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

I’m very excited for the eventual heel Athena going after Toni Storm. 

I'm also excited about Athena and Jamie Hayter beating the hell out of each other.

• Like 3

I like Rhett Titus’s weird offense. It’s unique and it’s primarily impactful rather than flashy. 

Kiera and Sky is an example of good work between two wrestlers who still need some reps. They don’t look lost, it’s more like they haven’t totally developed the muscle memory and dexterity to totally hide the strings. 

Dante/Cutler is permanent tape material for me. 

I don’t usually recognize the enhancement talent, but I’ve seen Kai before so this Athena match is pretty neat. Good stuff. Athena’s recent matches may have created more internet engagement around the Dark shows than any have before, so I’m under the impression we’ll keep seeing her throwing bombs every week for a while. 

I’ve heard pity in the voices of the booth before, but I don’t think it’s ever been over footing and rope running. Poor kilt man.

Eddie’s looking lean and mean. We’re in for a fun winter with wherever he’s heading. 

Adora is capable of a lot more than making Jade look good, but I think she gets plenty of opportunities to show that so her getting steamrolled isn’t the worst. 

QT is a phenomenal player/coach for the younger wrestlers because he utilizes the fundamentals in a way that shows how far you can get just by having strong instincts and a prowess for the basic mechanics. Danhausen is Danhausen. So we have two minimalist geniuses wrestling accordingly. 

I think Dean called Rampage this week Elevation on steroids, and this has the vibe of a Rampage that people would say was a bit weak on star power but rules. What a fun hour. 

• Like 3

What I loved about the Hogan/Blue match was that it was all about Hogan capitalizing on one mistake. Skye missed the second superkick and was just hanging out there vulnerable. Hogan used the opening, got a nasty kick in, and then hit the new finisher. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry @Stefanie Without Stefanie but FUCK KAYFABE!  Jon Cruz IS SERPENTICO WITHOUT A MASK!  I don't know why SERP isn't SERP in this.  Taz is freaked out by the glossy finish on the Danhausen masks.  Danhausen goes completely BattlARTS after letting SERP get some super lowgrade offense.  NASTY DDT by Danhausen for the win!  That was good.  GATES OF AGONY! FUEGO DEL SOL!  Assume Fuego will get thrown very far.  Fuego gets in a giant wad of offense!  Then he tags out and Waves and Curls are reminded that they are the unsigned members of the team.  GNARLY Belly to Belly by Toa Liona.  Nyla makes an open challenge for her TBS title!  Vickie is super screechy today, which rules.  Leva Bates doesn't last very long.  Dante Martin takes on a dude named Encore.  Encore does some prancing.  Nice Backdrop by Encore.  Martin hits a giant Crossbody!  Martin hits a Kanyonized Half Nelson SLAM!  Toni Storm and Diamante should be STIFF!  Diamante looks great in this match with stiff but lowgrade heel offense.  Storm beats the crap out of her.  Diamante goes back on offense and they go COMPLETELY STEINER with German Suplexes!  Storm goes High Angle with her Germans.  Modified WRECKED EM!  DDT on the floor!  TRADITIONAL WRECKED EM!  Toni Storm channels Dean Malenko and PROCURES the Texas Cloverleaf!  That was good.  Tony Deppen is an Honorary Trustbuster!  The Best Friends DON'T come out to JANE.  So this sucks.  SUCKS!  KNOW JANE, KNOW PEACE!  Orange Cassidy channels Mr Iguana.  Deppen takes an assbeating.  OC hits the worst Elbow Drop in HISTORY!  AND IT RULED!  I love that everybody throws everybody out of the ring.  Sonny Kiss is so fucking AWESOME. GREAT NEARFALL off a 450 by Kiss.  Chuck Taylor is all King's Road with the Released Suplex Over His Head!  Best Friends hit their elaborate Powerbomb!  Postmatch, Excaliber GETS HEAT WITH TONY SCHIVONNE!  Kip Sabian beats Dean Alexander after Alexander hits a SWEET Flying Neckbreaker!  It's Marina Shafir and she is taking on Kennedi Copeland, who I've seen before.  We don't see her very long tonight.  Rey Fenix takes on AR Fox!  Rey Fenix is wearing Hot Wheels pants!  Oh man, this is the best WCW Worldwide main event of the month of 1998!  AR Fox hits a fucking AWESOME Tope over the toprope.  Crazy Brainbuster by Fox.  CRAZIER SPANISH FLY BY FOX!  Great NEARFALL by Fox!  Muscle Buster Driver Thingy by Fenix for the win!  That was great!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

What does this have to do with ASUKA?

Wait a minute.  Serpentico is ASUKA!  IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!  ACTUALLY, THAT WOULD MAKE NO SENSE!

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Wait a minute.  Serpentico is ASUKA!  IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!  ACTUALLY, THAT WOULD MAKE NO SENSE!

Does Serpentico have a sweet moonsault?

Well, fuck.  That Danhausen curtain jerker was the best I've ever seen him look in a match.  Ring time is paying off.

That trios match just screamed "let's get three little dudes for the Embassy dudes to throw around the ring like rag dolls" and Waves / Curls are not small guys.  Fuego had the hope spot offense of a man that has signed a contract and is getting a regular paycheck.  Waves / Curls, not so much.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1