DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Hey! It's Lee Moriarty!  It's Leon Ruffin!  So Moriarty is aligning with Jonathan Gresham who has hinted at having a beef with the Blackpool Combat Club- so I'm guessing Moriarty and Wheeler Yuta will be going at it soon.  He and Ruffin are wrestling a good unofficial Pure Rules match.  Ruffin is really good.  Dark is so much better than Elevation lately.  Ruffin is gonna win!  Oh, he isn't.  That was great.  Gordlow is excited because it's BEAR COUNTRY!  HOSS OUT!  They are against the Skulk!  They are not nearly as large.  They take a beating as Taz goes off on a baby bear tangent.  The Skulk outsmart the Bronson behemoth and Bronson is our FACE IN PERIL!  The Skulk are ruling it!  Then they aren't- as Bronson makes the hot tag and Boulder slaughterizes both of the Skulk and crushes both of them in a really strange three man Powerbomb!  That was awesome.  Bronson piggybacks on Boulder's back and they DESTROY the Skulk with a corner cannonball.  This episode is great.  It's AQA!  She is waiting for ROH to show up.  Avery Breaux gets in a wad of offense and AQA is best selling from underneath.  Another Cannonball!  Breaux is going to win!  The crowd gets behind AQA struggling out of a chinlock.  She battles out and DOESN'T hit her Shooting Star Press!  Hey! I watched Barrett Brown vs Minoru Suzuki and Josh Woods vs Bryan Keith both wrestle today in Texas.  Brown is a New Japan Strong guy.  Josh Woods is BEING RECRUITED BY SMART MARK STERLING!  YES!  Josh Woods beats the hell out of Brown and Brown takes his crazy offense like a KING.  That was short.  Sonny Kiss loves America!  Lamar Diggs is a big dude.  Sonny Kiss should join Gresham's version of the BCC if they are going that direction.  Diggs manhandles Sonny as tries to strike him and outquick him.  Kiss is going up big for Diggs as Diggs is throwing him all over the ring.  Kiss finally outquicks him by avoiding Diggs giant ass.  Kiss with Crossface Submission!  Recruit him, Gresham!  Hell, Lethal and Kiss were a great tagteam for a match, draft Kiss and Lethal as a tagteam.  Aaron Solo!  FUEGO DEL SOL!  It's Fuego's new DARKER outfit!  Andrade RECRUIT Fuego Del Sol to team with Dragon Lee so Fuego can EAT SOME PINS!  Fuego takes a Fuego-sized beating early.  Fuego gets in a hope spot and Solo flings him upside down into the corner!  Fuego is so awesome.  The crowd rallies behind the STRUGGLE of Fuego!  Fuego fights out and goes on offense and the crowd is MOLTEN as he hits a Moonsault off the second turnbuckle to the floor!  Tornado DDT and Cattle Mutilation Submission!  Marshall distracts the ref as Solo is tapping out!  Solo gets the pin- NO HE DOESN'T!  Fuego does a tricky, crazy roll up FOR THE PIN!  FUEGO WINS! FUEGO WINS!  That was great!  SATNAM!  Jay Lethal is fun working the body of the match until Satnam tags in and ends everything.   Satnam is so fun. GREAT Powerbomb.  HE is the new Skyscraper!  Awesome!  Pretty Peter Avalon!  And the rest of the Wingmen!  I love Avalon's Velvet Skyy ring entrance.  It's ever shrinking Dark Order!  Hey!  it's John Silver!  It's the best version of the Dark Order!  Taz goes on a tangent about Louis the sax player.  Ryan Nemeth is awesome.  Evil Uno matches Nemeth's writhing gyrations!  Vance tags in so, OF COURSE, Peter Avalon tags in.  Reynold bumps BIG to the floor after Cezar Bonnoni kicks him off the top!  THEN THEY CHEAT!  Y'see, when Vance tags in, BONNONI should tag in!  Peter Avalon is GREAT distracting the ref by making him look at his teeth.  The Wingmen are so great at CHEATING.  They are working for the hot tag to Johnny Hungee!  Silver German Suplexes everyone and he fucking KILLS Peter Avalon with a Brainbuster.  Evil Uno misses Avalon with a toprope Senton.  Avalon get a TWO after JD Drake kills Reynolds with cannonball in the corner!  Dark Order then CHEATS by hitting Avalon with four different finishers- well past the five count!- and Evil Uno gets the pin!  That was fun!  Really fun!  Alex Reynolds and Peter Avalon were the glue that held that baby together.  AEW FUCKING RULES THE WORLD!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been on a quest over at PWO to get @Johnny Sorrowto watch Dark as the Taz/Excalibur commentary is right down his alley. Will he this week where he can hear the two of them workshopping Bear Country marketing ideas such as "They need their own Kemonito, but a bear." "Like negative one?" "But hairier." "So you're saying we need to do a nationwide search for a hirsute ten year old?"

Come on, man. Get with the program.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, DEAN said:

That was great. 

Gordlow is excited because it's BEAR COUNTRY!  HOSS OUT! 

AEW FUCKING RULES THE WORLD!

giphy.gif

Also: JD Drake! And the return of Lamar Diggs. He fought *checks Cagematch* oh yeah! Comoroto! BMMSM YouTube match! Back in Feb. Or maybe March. Feb 5th or Mar 2nd...

And Fuego wins! Whatever happened to the mysterious Fuego Dos? 

Serious suggestion: Satnam, Lethal, and Kiss for ROH Trios Champions. You could bring in any number of great trios teams, have Jay and Sonny bump and sell (and get their shit in) and then have the big man sealing/stealing the win while Sonjay distracts the ref.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Satnam, Sonjay and Lethal are such a fantastic trio. Skimmed some nice bouts on Dark and Elevation - specifically the Wingmen-Dark Order and Moriarty-Ruff match. Ruff's fantastic. I'd love to see them sign this guy (new ROH?). I'm not sure what his best role is - bump machine competitive job guy or is he some sort of Mysterio-like underdog waiting to emerge. He's looked excellent every time out on Dark. Get him on TV already - he's sure to make somebody look like a killer. Also, very pleased to see Mark Sterling taking an interest in Josh Woods. That guy badly needs a mouthpiece. And a less tacky pair of tights. I'd go full Rick Steiner on the presentation. Alma matter across the singlet, but minus Rick's dual colored boots. Also, so great to see the continuing rise of Parker and Menard. I've loved these guys since that first AEW match. These promos were really strong. Parker's felt a bit unnatural with the quiet speak, but minor minor complaint. He killed a great opportunity. AEW should upload promos more frequently. I don't mean Road Tos, but rather just randomly upload 5-10 minute promos. These Menard/Parker promos are gonna get ppl buzzing and it could work for others.

EDIT: That Lamar Diggs dude looks like a keeper (with a better presentation). Sonny has also shown great improvement over the last few months. Tho, I do still wish he'd trade the flippy and flimsy offensive maneuvers for more killer strikes. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, TheVileOne said:

RJ City is really funny and talented. I'm surprised he hasn't been hired anywhere to do some sort of thing or show like this on a regular basis. At the very least I think the AEW version of Between 2 Ferns is a good role for him.

The best line is him talking to about couples using each other's offense and someone off camera laughing really hard at RJ's comment.

• Like 1

Fun episode for Dark. If AEW wants to run a HOROWITZ WINS! or Mikey Whipperwreck angle Leon Ruffin would be a good option.

Liked the Bear country squash still hoping they can start getting wins on TV.

Like Nese going back to the scouting gimmick. I like these little angles they do on the youtube shows to set up future bouts

Preston Vance continued to impress in the main event. Shame he didn't get to mix it up with JD Drake.

One critique this wee we had Brody King, Bear Country, and JD Drake do the cannon ball splash in the corner in one week. that's too much should be a signature spot for who ever is getting the push

• Like 1

1 minute ago, porksweats said:

That is the TJPW match.

Didn't realize they would air, neat.

Is this going to be the standard from now on if a match ties back to AEW?

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Didn't realize they would air, neat.

Is this going to be the standard from now on if a match ties back to AEW?

God I hope so, it would step Dark up to WCW Worldwide level. Keep Elevation as the pre-show before live Dynamites and mix Dark up with international matches.

In an ideal world for balance between the two shows it would be

Dark = WCW Worldwide with International matches

Elevation = TNA Xplosion/End Days WCW Saturday Night/Mid 90s Pro, put your interviews/hypes here

Edited by porksweats
added exclusives
  • Like 3

This doesn't look good on paper but you never know.  Hey!  Emi Sakura is back!  She got meaner in Japan!  HOLY SHIT! TOMORROW IS ALL ABOUT GREAT FUCKING WRESTLING!  THUNDER ROSA VERSUS MIYU YAMASHITA!  AND THE BASTARD!  PAC! versus THE SHOOTER SHOTA!  It's fine that this episode will suck.  Actually, JD Drake vs Dante Martin won't suck.  Oh yeah, Caprice Coleman and Tony Schiavonne are RIGHT UP THERE with the IMPACT! announce team.  Dante Martin has mad phat hops, as the kids say!  Martin is great getting altitude on the JD Drake Elbow off the ropes spot which looks fucking awesome.  Okay, this match is already saving this episode's bacon.  JESUS!  AWESOME DANGEROUS BACKDROP by JR Drake.  Dante Martin could be developing into a more athletic Orange Cassidy if he can gather a little more heat from taking an assbeating and work on his offense between high spots.  Giant crossbody by Martin. JD Drake is awesome cutting him off with old school offense.  JD Drake sets up his finisher perfectly.  That was good!  JD Drake is fucking awesome. Oh cool!  Julia (BLACK!)Hart is even more evil!  JC gets some stuff in!  Julia's submission is awesome.  I don't know what is more EVIL- the black contact or the totally GOTH crimped hair.  Collin Delaney is nifty and is OVER in Rochester!  Ethan Page gives him some stuff and makes it match for a minute.  Nice delayed Vertical Suplex by Page.  Delaney gets a comeback!  A NEARFALL!  Another good match!  This episode delivers!  POONTANGLER BY PAGE!  Razor's Edge by Page!  That was good.  It's Anna Jay!  It's Shawna Reed!  Reed tries to make a Anna Jay match interesting.  It sorta works.  She needs to tag with someone.  Bring in Miyu Yamashita for a year to tag with her.  That'll work.  QT Marshall is a HEAT MACHINE!  Trent Barretta is The Wrestling Machine.  Aaron Solo and Chuck Taylor are magic in the ring. Nick Comoroto needs to CHEAT!  AND HE DOES!  YESSS!  QT and Trent is machine versus machine.  Marshall and Solo do the Pulling The Guy Off the Apron spot and thus this match rules!  They pan out on Solo and QT hugging.  This match is so great.  MONGOLIAN CHOP by QT!  NEARFALL WITH A DIAMOND CUTTER!  Comoroto CHEATS AGAIN!  NEARFALL ON A PILEDRIVER!  Finish is fun as Trent crushes Solo with a THING!  Well, that episode was waaay better than it looked on paper. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

SHE'S EVIL!

Mix of Rings of Saturn/Brutalizer and the submission Mankind put on Shane McMahon for Vince McMahon to give Mankind a WWF Championship match vs. The Rock which Mankind famously won on RAW. I really like it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Dante Martin vs JD Drake did really hammer home how far Dante has developed lately. When he & his brother arrived in AEW, they were really good fliers, and nothing else. Whereas now he's turning into a total package of a wrestler, who is also an incredible flier. He even has good punches now!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1