DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Where the fuck is Chuck Taylor, String/Khan? Where the fuck is Chuck Taylor?! 

He hasn't wrestled for AEW since March. ? Best Friends were one of the promotion's rocks during the Daily's Place era and have two of the best tag matches in company history to date. The disrespect. 

20 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Where the fuck is Chuck Taylor, String/Khan? Where the fuck is Chuck Taylor?! 

He hasn't wrestled for AEW since March. ? Best Friends were one of the promotion's rocks during the Daily's Place era and have two of the best tag matches in company history to date. The disrespect. 

I think he cleared out his Twitter account too unless that was a while ago?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I know he's prone to being overdramatic and self-critical, but he was talking of retirement before AEW and his glorious PWG run. I hope this isn't it but if it is, I'd love to see him go out on a big run on the indies before retiring. His "Goldberg" run in PWG is one of my favourite modern stretches from a North American wrestler. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Matt D said:

He deletes his tweets very often, so I'm not sure if that can be taken as a sign of anything.

It's Willow Nightengale!  She is in with the wildly improved Ashley D'Ambroise!  Nice Lariats by Willow and also a nice Spinebuster.  She definitely needs to turn heel and join the Baddies.  Cannonball into the corner would be awesome when used for EVIL.  SWEET Doctor Bomb.  Nick Comoroto is on a hot streak, what with the matches against Konosuke Takeshita and Lance Archer.  Aaron Solo was fun Sunday in the Buy-In.  Comoroto needs to go to Japan already.  Tag in Knull!  We wanna HOSS FIGHT!  Cool Rolling Death Valley Driver by Partner Of Knull and he tags in KNULL!  We have a HOSS FIGHT!  Comoroto crushes Knull with a Lucha Libre slam. Knull must be new because he doesn't have a cagematch.net profile.  I wonder if he is a Factory guy.  Hey!  It's Jake Something!  Matt Sydel should make this a good match.  They should draft  Something into the Dark Order.  Or maybe Tully Blanchard Enterprises.  He looks great in this because Matt Sydel is really great at making guys look good and he is good as a beleaguered baby face fighting for his life.  Something kicks out of Sydel's Meteora, which is his finisher, I do believe.  Gnarley corner shoulder by Something!  Sydel rolls up Something for the win.  I'm guessing they are signing Something.  Wheeler Yuta is so Ricky Steamboat on the STICK!  That was babyface intense awesome.  ATHENA!  Such a natural.  It's Amber Nova, the mechanic!  Athena is fucking awesome.  Nice Locomotion Northern Lights Suplex by Amber Nova.  Fucking GNARLEY Spinning Crushing Crushing Spinning THING.  Athena goes with a Negro Navarro rolling lucha submission for the win.  That was fucking awesome.  Oh cool!  Lucky Ali!  It's the resurgent Dante Martin!  Where was he Sunday?  Lucky Ali is awesome.  They should draft him into the Dark Order.  Martin is giving Ali giant wads of offense- as this vaults into the realm of 70s studio match.  Martin then whips out three highflying moves to finish off Lucky Ali!  That was fun.  EVIL Julia Hart!   She's wearing all black!  Because she is now from the House of Black!  Valentina Rossi!  She's Italian!  I wonder if she is Southern Italian or, like my lovely wife, from Northern Italy?  MILANO!  Evil Julia is WAAAAY more fun than cheerleader Julia.  GREAT SUBMISSION by Julia Hart!  YAAAAY! SHE'S EVIL!  About time we got another heel in the fold.  That was good.  Marcus Kross doesn't have his hair all big!  He must be serious for this match!  I dig Fuego's new get up.  He should get drafted by Andrade and Rush since he no looks like he would match Dragon Lee in trios matches.  Plus they would need someone to take some falls.  AEW should send five guys over to GLEAT so Fuego could be the Issei Onitsuka and Check Shimatani of the FACTION AEW!  And AQA could wrestle Michiko Miyaga!  FORBIDDEN DOOR, MOTHERFUCKERS!  Marcus Kross is looking good in this. It's a No Squash Episode!  Fuego hits a fucking AWESOME Barrell Roll Tope Con Hilo!  And he follows it by completely fucking up something  too complex to attempt. Nice DDT into a Cattle Mutilation for the TAP OUT!  And it's QT Marshall! He is the heel with the most heat in the company other than Christian Cage.  TAKE IT, FUEGO!  JOIN THE FACTORY!  Aaaaand he... turns them down.  He should have joined and then TK could send the Factory over to GLEAT and all the FACTION AEW could get pinned simultaneously by BULK ORCHESTRA!  Preston Vance is the replacement for Stu Grayson, it appears.  Ryan Nemeth is the Shane Strickland and Arez of Dark.  He is all about the Strange Style.  Evil Uno is our face in peril.  JD Drake does his cool ass Forearm Off The Ropes spot while CHEATING so that makes the spot infinitely cooler.  The Wingmen are really good but they need Pretty Peter Avalon to assist with the cheating.  Preston Vance hits the Bhupinder Gujjar Second Rope Spear.  This match keeps going!  Drake LANDS A MOONSAULT!  Vance makes the save!  More stuff happens!  Drake beats on Uno while Nemeth gets pinned!  Pretty Peter!  KICK EM KICKEMLIKE A DOG, PETER!  Silver and Reynolds make the save.  I await more Pretty Peter Avalon.  Ariya Daivari works as a producer for WWE, I believe.  It's Kaleb Konley, who was in IMPACT a few weeks ago.  This is a weird match for interpromotional reasons.  The match itself is really great.  Kaleb Konley is over as a face for whatever reason.  I guess it's because Ariya has such a dislikeable face.  The crowd gets behind his babyface comeback.  Hey, Kaleb Konley has a fun offense!  WHO KNEW?  Okay, KONLEY HITS A ONE FOOTED SUWA DROPKICK INTO A BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  For two!  So Konley fucking RULES.  Davairi hits SUPER dangerous hip toss into the corner and hits a Frog Splash for the WIN!  Well, THAT was fucking great.  KALEB KONLEY! COMPLETELY WASTED BY IMPACT! WRESTLING!  Is Tony Nese's theme by Accept?  I think I love it just for it's Udo DirkschneiderNess.  It is the amazingly over Yuta Wheeler!  This should be great.  This is soooo 1974 Studio Wrestling.  I love this.  First rope break by Yuta!  Nese is so fucking good.  Yuta is selling the fuck out of Nese's offense.  We need Lord Regal on commentary to tell us how it's important for young Wheeler to go through a trail of fire through Tony Nese!  Mark Sterling CHEATS!  causing NO MORE ROPE BREAKS!  Sterling is very celebratory!  He did good!   YUTA USES HIS ONE CLOSED FIST!  This is fucking great.  Boston Crab with no more rope breaks!  Oh man, I love this about the Pure Rules match.  Wheeler is channeling Jon Moxley by BLEEDING NO MATTER WHAT!  Then a fucking K DRILLER by Nese and THEN the Boston Crab.  He makes the ropes and CLIMBS THE ROPES to break as I LOVE that you can create things in this match  because in any other match the rope break stops the hold.  Nese misses a toprope splash and YUTA hammers Nese and then PROCURES the STF Variation for the win!  That was fucking great.  POSTMATCH, JAS attacks Yuta!  Oh man,  I am so ready for Wheeler Yuta versus Daniel Garcia.  That was the best Dark that I can remember.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I saw the pic of evil Julia and I want her to hit the I may be bad but I feel good line from army of darkness. 

If the wingman are going to have their side projects like the workhorsemen and the boys from Brazil, they should at least give them masks like disorderly conduct/Texas hangman, fake beards like elias/Ezekiel or wigs and head gear like buddy roberts but pretend like they are totally other guys.

And more mark sterling: attorney at law promos -

• Like 3

Last night was Submissions Night.  There were barely any three counts.  No complaints from me.  I enjoy wins by tap-out.

I think I like Julia's leg triangle choke sub better.  I wish she'd just lace one of her opponent's arms when she uses it.

What a dead studio crowd.  I hated them all.

Matt Sydal's regular finisher is the Lightning Spiral, but he does often kill hosses with the Meteora since Matt is tiny and cannot fling big men around at will.

AEW missed an opportunity.  They really should have found a worker with the gimmick name ending in "Void" to debut with Knull.  I like Knull.  He has potential.  He works as if he were the black man's answer to Kane.  Knull needs to form a tag-team with Kaun.  That would be fucking awesome!  KNULL & KAUN VS, BEAR COUNTRY~!   BLOOD FEUD~!!   BOOK IT~!!

I like Fuego using the Tornado DDT to transition to the Cattle Mutilation.  It is a natural set-up.  Injure the neck and then pull back on it as hard as you can!

The finish of Yuta vs. Nese was fucking great.  Nese crashed and burned and Wheeler totally capitalized on Nese's wrecked legs and applied the Straitjacket STF after softening up Nese's shoulder with elbows.  Why settle for separating a shoulder when you can do that and pop the knee out of socket at the same time?  No need to work on the legs because the fall took care of that!  Bravo!  High level technical wrestling and most importantly, VETERAN AWARENESS~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

I know it’s not for everybody, but Ex and Taz being on their bullshit doing Yes And improv on Dark is one of my favorite things in AEW. The mental image of Taz in Amber Nova’s boots looking like Connery in Zardoz will be with me all day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I know it’s not for everybody, but Ex and Taz being on their bullshit doing Yes And improv on Dark is one of my favorite things in AEW. The mental image of Taz in Amber Nova’s boots looking like Connery in Zardoz will be with me all day. 

Thanks, {BP).  I will never be able to unsee this.   I am going to the bathroom to puke now.

• Haha 1

I'm rewatching the Nese/Yuta match and I didn't notice before that Nese got in an extra closed fist behind the ref's back.  EXTRA CHEATING!  Nese is so awesome.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DEAN said:

I'm rewatching the Nese/Yuta match and I didn't notice before that Nese got in an extra closed fist behind the ref's back.  EXTRA CHEATING!  Nese is so awesome.

I know you were trying to figure out if it was an accept knock off, it strikes me more of a kiss "love it loud" knock off.

• Like 1

LIGHTNING ROUND

• I do not like D'Amboise's leap into the ring rolling neckbreaker thing. It's a trend now and it's a bad one. Willow has a really nice Doctor Bomb. I like how Taz always has to say that Doctor Death gave him one.
  • Knull's deal of just choking people like something is about to happen is good stuff. I mean, it has no legs, but he'll learn or he won't, but it was a perfectly effective use of the guy.
  • Holy crap did Sydal ever give Something a ton of offense and help to make it all look great. He probably could have done the Lightning Spiral too just to put an exclamation point on things.
  • Poor crowd didn't get the O Face. I don't get why Amber Nova isn't signed to NXT really.
  • Dante's double lunge from one apron to the other was nuts. Plus when Taz wanted a replay of that instead of the move that followed, the truck had no idea what to do.
  • Julia didn't indicate her name but she still had a name. I have no idea. Her finisher was quite nasty looking on a show of nasty looking submissions.
  • I don't remember a thing about the Fuego match because Taz and Excalibur were really off the deep end talking about something. I look forward to Comoroto vs Fuego if they run that though.
  • Oh wait! I remember that Fuego did something very cool and then followed it with something really ugly.
  • I looked it up. The cool thing was the dragon sleeper in the ropes. Let's move on.
  • I like that Vance has 3-4 viable things that could be finishes. That diving into the ring spear felt like more of one than the lariat that followed. Drake was awesome on the outside like usual.
  • I have nothing to say about the Davari match. It was good but just kind of weird on the card.
  • I liked the rope break story and the idea that Yuta could use the ropes to then help him escape. I liked the punch behind the ref's back. I loved Yuta using his one punch and then Nese goading him. If I didn't know the result, I might have bought the pumphandle driver. That's maybe the nastiest move in AEW? I think in these matches Nese is good but not entirely naturally so. He does about 80% of what he should do and he does all of that well but you always want just a little more. I get that not everyone can be Negro Casas but he's missing just a little spark that takes him from "guy who portrays a character quite well and executes his moves excellently" to "guy you watch the show for." He might be able to get there though and you can't say that about everyone. I'm just not sure how he manages it. Maybe a little less ab work and a little more tape watching? I don't know.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

He really worked well as a dick in that match. It was way better than just 'solid hand with good abs'.

Yeah and that’s why I wanted more. Normally I wouldn’t care but I think he’s closing in on something. 

• Like 2

I thought going into the match yesterday that it would be a nice test of Julia's abilities to see how much she changed her ring style to go with her character development. She did alright in my opinion.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, DEAN said:

This is great.

RJ City is really funny and talented. I'm surprised he hasn't been hired anywhere to do some sort of thing or show like this on a regular basis. At the very least I think the AEW version of Between 2 Ferns is a good role for him.

• Like 4

It's Anna Jay!  Megan Meyers seems like she deserved more than a match against Anna Jay.  Anna Jay is progressing but she is not interesting in the ring yet.  Oh man, Isiah Broner is on Elevation!  He should be signed to ROH.  Brohner and Trent is fun- as Brohner gets a nearfall on a Blue Thunder Bomb like thing.  GPA takes a Dangerous Backdrop by Trent and that was nasty.  GPS is landing on his neck a lot in this.  GPA gets in some jawbreakers and then gets driven on his neck AGAIN!  GPA stands for My Neck Hurts!  Yeah, they are signing Brohner.  It's Satnam Singh!  He is the tallest Robert Gibson!  The Man Dribbling is awesome. FLYING CROSS BODY!  Tope by Lethal!  Spinning Powerbomb like Sycho Sid!  Okay, Satnam is Hindi for AWESOME.  It's Anthony Ogogo!  It's Pat Monix!  The crowd is HOT for MONIX!   Ogogo cuts him off and knocks him out.  Less fun than it should have been.  Heather Reckless!  She's awesome!  Hikaru Shida is in town for a day or two!  Yuka Sakazaki was in town to throw down with Marsha Slamovich!  Hikaru Shida becomes a face in peril!  She makes a hot tag and Yuka Sakazaki is the most adorable Robert Gibson!  Shida and Sakazaki are a fun tagteam- WHERE ARE THE TAG BELTS? It's NICK COMOROTO!  It's Aaron Solo!  It's QT Marshall!  It's the ever shrinking Dark Order!  Ya'll saw that Alan Angels is in IMPACT! now.  That's awesome.  Alan Angels vs Speedball will be good.  The Factory destroys the Dark Order on the floor!  The Factory are awesome.  QT Marshall is such a HEAT MACHINE!  Comoroto beats on Evil Uno.  Marshall is awesome cutting off Evil Uno culminating on a BEAUTIFUL Tiger Driver.  Oh no!  Did they release Alex Reynolds mid match?  Aaron Solo goes up for the 40 second DBS Lateral suplex.  Oh!  There is Reynolds.  I was worried.  Sweet six man combination by the Factory.  Reynolds takes Marshall and Comoroto with an assisted Tope Con Hilo!  Evil Uno and Preston Vance crush Solo because Solo was born to be CRUSHED!  And Vance crushes him with a decent Lariat.  That was good!  

• Like 1