DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

The Acclaimed without the Ass Boys isn't the same.  Trevor Ion is pretty good.  Max Caster is our Stevie Ray but he has a nice toprope elbow drop.  Serpentico is gonna win!  No Luther?  What the FUCK?  Serpentico TOWERS over Vary Morales!  Serpentico wrestling this match like Vader is the ONLY dream we can have.  He kind of does.  If he had just actually done the Gotch Style Piledriver, the dream would have come true.  Hey!  It's Ava Everett!  She will lay it in when wrestling in the indies.  Here, she gets squashed by Kris Statlander.  PPBONONI! Pretty Peter Avalon is the best wrestler on the planet earth.  John Silver takes a wad of suplexes from Cezar Bononi.  Avalon misses a fucking beautiful Moonsault and the end begins.  Bononi is the glue of this match.  They roll up each other and PETER AVALON GRABS THE TIGHTS!  OH NO!  Alex Reynold counters into a roll up and gets the win!  The Wingmen will not stand for this!  The Dark Order leftovers make the save!  I guess this will be resolved next week!  Griff Garrison is suddenly awesome.  That was an impressive batch of offense.  Hey! It;s Devlyn Macabre!  She gets in more than Ava Everett.  She actually gets some babyface shine put upon her! Diamante cuts it off with some very impressive German Suplexes.  She has a very nasty submission.  Tony Nese wrestling Pure Rules!  Nese is ALREADY being awesome about the rope breaks.  JBX gets in some offense!  Nese CRUSHES JBX with a K-Driller.  He should use that as his finisher.  BRING ON WHEELER YUTA!  Martinez and Deeb HAVE to win some sort of tag belts.  Is there some kind of Princesses of Princesses tag title in Tokyo Joshi Pro they can send over and serve up to them?  Diaz wrestles as someone else in CCW in Florida.  Slight variation on the Double Submissions Of Crankiness with Serena Deeb procuring the Texas Cloverleaf.  So fucking great.  Wheeler Yuta ON THE STICK!  He IS Ricky Steamboat!  They make a big deal out of Blake Christain getting a semi-push in the X-Division in IMPACT! I guess.  He's good and I assume Jay Lethal will make him look like a king.  AND HE DOES!  Jay Lethal is so fucking good.  Taz is great- Jay Lethal=Not A Dumb Ass!  Middle of the match comes to a dead halt but saves the match by having a HOT FINISHING SEQUENCE!  That was good.  Lethal has a far better toprope elbow than Max Caster.  I was hoping the Blake Christian/Jay Lethal match would have been better, but it wasn't bad.  Next week has Tony Nese vs Wheeler Yuta and Konosuke Takeshita vs Anthony Henry so that would be the Must See TV of the YouTube shows.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Dark Order and Wingmen should be stuck in a never-ending blood feud exclusively on Dark just to give them all something to do.

I hate Diamante's Code Red finisher.  I love the Straitjacket Choke submission, but it is best used sparingly just like Statlander's Spinning Michinoku Driver.  Diamante needs to find a new regular finisher and leave the shitty Code Red to Ivalisse.  She is Puerto Rican so let her use Ricky Banderas / Mil Murertes's Jumping Flatliner as a flash finish.

Devlyn Macabre is not very macabre.  Matter of fact, she's rather ginger and she's sporting emerald green ring attire.  Why is she not going by Heather McIntyre and claiming a kayfabe relationship to Velvet McIntyre?  The legacy of the name alone warrants a title shot.

Tony Nese finally got a hurty finisher.  He is the best because he thinks that building a 17-2 record by wrestling jamokes makes him a legit Pure Rules title threat..  Wheeler Yuta will tie him into pretzel knots.  BCC will separate the pretenders from the contenders.

Blake Christian has a 1-0 record and he gets a full video package.  I am surprised that there was no pyro.  He got in a shit ton of offense.  I hate Satnam Singh, but I have to admit that he looked rather tight in the purple suit and black compression shirt.  He should abandon traditional wrestling gear and just come to the ring in that outfit in proper Big Bubba Rogers / Mr. Hughes fashion. 

Sunglasses would be mandatory.  Mr. Hughes style knuckle-less driving gloves would be optional.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

I LOL'd at, and rewound, Caster's disses on that job guy.  Broke ass Kat Williams?  Count Blacula?  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.  Dude had "Dom" on his tights.  Does his partner have "sub" on his? 

Oh wow, Ava Everett!  I haven't seen her since she was working as a valet for Anthony Green.

Off the top of my head

Luther trying to grab Singh by the head and not being able to reach. 

Serpentico trying to do a dive off Singh’s shoulders and accidentally crotching himself. 

Serpentico loaning Singh a mask and attempting to do twin magic in the middle of a Serpentico match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DEAN said:

Lance Archer is awesome.  Tacos with Thunder Rosa is the best AEW vlog.

This is only the second interview I've seen from Rosa (thanks for sharing this and the excellent Red Velvet interview @DEAN) , but she provides her subjects with good questions and a clearly comfortable air. Lance Archer is awesome! I've been a fan since catching him in his late singles NJPW run. Prior to that he was that goofy dude with a tramp stamp I once saw in that promotion I never really cared about. My takeaway from this interview is he's a thoughtful and kind person whom I wish great things for. I'm not sure he's currently a singles threat after leading Wardy thru a helluva a hoss fight, but can we rehabilitate him with a Skyscraping partner and have ourselves a big man combo murder death squad? Erik Red is out there and looked great in that Six man. Er what about free agent Big Dub?

EDIT: he's also a good talker. They should pull him away ever so slightly from that angry 'I'm gonna kill you' repetition. Maybe some 'inner peace' brings big Lance a clarity to pull a series of wins and a shiny belt. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, Dark Order and Wingmen should be stuck in a never-ending blood feud exclusively on Dark just to give them all something to do.

Oooooh I want to see a fan vote for the main event between these two factions for every show- just like WCWSN.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've seen stuff in near real time but I'm behind in talking about it because of a sick kid and me still recovering. Plus I had to watch David Flair/Jim Cornette vs Jerry Lawler/Brian Christopher today (and Andre/Baba vs Jumbo/Taue yesterday). 

• The Mercedes/Serena Elevation match was better than the Dark one. I think Serena does the suplex/toehold combo a bit too much. The first time or two seemed natural, less so moving forward. It's the best story in AEW though. It's probably setting up the July ROH PPV but I hope they keep milking it. All of the little looks and nods are great.
  • Kaz vs Andrade was obviously good. I don't know. How about that power bomb into the corner, huh?
  • I have to admit that Shafir looked a little wonky in that tag with Nyla, but some of that was kayfabe trying to take on someone so big with tactics for a smaller person? Even when her stuff doesn't look smooth, it does always look scrappy and real and Nyla playing the violin as she came out was wonderful. And yes, hoss war is what we live for.
  • Lee and Strickland both played their parts perfectly in their tag as well. Now I want to see Lee/Strickland fight Martinez/Deeb. I mean, not really, but...
  • I thought maybe they were giving Rebel some reps since they were going to use her in an angle that involved her wrestling but nope, that's not what that was at all.
  • Nese is begrudgingly good, huh? I liked the Warhorse match more than the JDX match where he had that initial rope moment that was good but ultimately felt too much like a normal Nese match. Maybe that was the point, that he was just talking a big game on the pure rules thing?
  • Nothing to say about Soho vs Gordy. Not much to say about Sydal vs QT. It was obviously good with that lightning fast reversal very good. Sydal's had a quietly good 2022 especially since he was out for some of it, I think.
  • Casters insults might have been good but I don't know about his patter. Taz and Excalibur were pretty funny the whole episode though.
  • Serpentico was TREMENDOUS and he was so happy that he won. 
  • Statlander's reverse bodyslam was brutal.
  • I really liked the Bononi vs Silver stuff. It was big vs small but you don't usually have a small guy who's also strong. Remember when they wanted to bill Pac as Mighty Mouse in WWE. That's totally Silver.
  • Occasionally I'll be watching the Varsity Blondes and be half watching and see something that looks really good and think to myself "Hey maybe Pillman's getting it!" and then I realize it was Griff instead. Ah well.
  • Diamante is my lowkey favorite female on the roster. Maybe I just like the entrance? I don't know.
  • Lethal is an interesting wrestler. At times, he really telegraphs things for the crowd and in general, I like a little bit of that to enhance the meaning and make the crowd anticipate, but if it's too much, you see the strings and it feels overwrought and ridiculous. BUT in front of a studio audience, it might be ok. Blake is extremely frustrating. He has a way of doing 3 chained set ups for every move with the second set up actually more impactful/effective seeming than whatever he ends up going with in the end. 
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Oooooh I want to see a fan vote for the main event between these two factions for every show- just like WCWSN.

what's the highest level matchup for this faction war?

Comoroto vs Avalon?

Marshall vs Avalon?

Comoroto vs Drake?

Marshall vs Nemeth?

• Like 2

Jesus!  More AEW wrestling so soon?  We will soldier on and revel in the wee-ness of the Elevation matches as opposed to the magnus opus that was Forbidden Door.  Anna Jay's new Jumbotron graphics make her appear to be a French Disco diva.  Heather Reckless is 4'10" and should spearhead the AEW Women's Junior Division with Mei Suruga because her indie stuff shows how awesome she is.  Anna Jay is the Alexa Bliss of AEW Women in her perfectly fineness of her ringwork.  They really need to put the FTW belt on somebody else because I had totally forgotten about it.  Powerhouse Hobbs IS Vader!  Ricky Starks is 1993 Shawn Michaels.  Four years from now, Starks will yell at Hobbs for screwing up his toprope move.    I've noticed that Ruby Soho likes to tell a story like PENTA and Andrade.  Maybe she is secretly a luchadora.  Will Missa Kate do her You Pantsed Me Spot?  Nope, Bladerunner and it's a very little story.  Shane Strickland is becoming one of my favorite wrestlers.  He is the guy who keeps a match together, filling in the spaces between Keith Lee's lumbering destruction.  Keith Lee gives GPA a few things and then crushes him.  I love that Keith Lee does a super old school strong man match.  He is the Best Possible Ivan Putski!  Ah, the Keith Lee Beel is why you watch the YouTube shows.  TWO OF THEM!  It is a special week.  Swerve is awesome as he does two moves and we call it a match.  And the Butcher and the Blade come out and challenge them to something or just kind of stare at them.  That'll be good.  SERPENTICO!  ETHAN PAGE!  It's Lee Scott versus Ted DiBiase!  Serpentico has a whole match by himself before Page beats on him.  That was a waste of a perfectly good Serpentico.  It's KM!  I remember his IMPACT! push a few years ago.  Vaguely.  He tagged with the athletic gigantic Filipino guy.  Memory fades... John Silver is wiley and powerful.  They probably need to move on Silver soon before he gets forgotten like KM.  It's Buddy Matthews and Brodie King!  I assume this will be quick.  Brodie King fucking CRUSHES the tinier dude with a NASTY Cannonball.  Buddy Matthews keeps throwing these little dudes.  MAN,  THAT was an unnecessarily horrendous K Driller by Brodie King.  Jesus.  That was fun.  I dig the little guys who will take a total annihilation by Brodie King.  ASS BOYS!  ST LOUIS!  CHICAGO!  Evil Uno is wrestling heel.  Austin Gunn is great being pissed off and taking it out on Evil Uno in the corner.  He is also awesome making Preston Vance look like a killer.   AUSTIN CHEATS TO WIN!  The Dark Order need to add some people and maybe lose some people.  I dunno.  Add some luchadores or something.  This episode needed something else.  Shingo Takagi maybe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The assisted Jay Driller version of that finisher is so much better than the assisted Powerslam version that Black and King used when they debuted as a tag-team.

Hopefully someone will post that to the Piledriver Day thread.

I love Buddy Matthews.   Arm work is usually the reserved realm of babyfaces.  Ricky Steamboat had it down to a fine science.  It is nice to see a heel like Matthews grind down on someone's shoulder blade with pure malice and it looks natural.

When did Anna Jay become a technical wizard chaining like five moves together?

Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland are living their best lives.  I have never seen two guys look like they're having so much fun.  Their blood feud with Butcher & Blade should be Best of 10000000 Matches and be the glue that holds the AEW Dark upper card together..  Khan really should think about bringing in Keith's boo, Mia Yim, from Impact to back up Swerve in Our Glory and counter the Bunny factor.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 7

Quick thoughts:

• Ogogo breaking kayfabe and saying Anna Jay trained with QT and then everyone just no selling it was very funny. Anna's little press up into the Queenslayer was very neat.
  • Massive starpower from Hobbs and Starks in that squash, right? Starks is able to move like his theme is playing in his head the whole match and some of his stuff looked really smooth and Hobbs just has this way of seeming pleased and in the moment in between shots of mauling people.
  • Soho's combo strikes have grown on me. The knee set up for Destination Unknown was quite good.
  • I get that Lee/Strickland is sort of like Mercedes/Deeb but it's different enough and Lee's physicality and Strickland's athleticism in getting in moments works well enough that I don't mind seeing it. I could see a match between the two being good if it was built around Strickland running away from Lee and them delaying the moment of Lee getting him. Less so if it's about Strickland beating Lee down somehow.
  • Page vs Serpentico was great for the Lambert stuff but overall a disappointment since it could have gone 3-4 minutes more easily.
  • Silver showed a "high wrestling IQ" or some such which you might not expect out of him but it worked.
  • I liked the sheer horror that Esparaza (?) portrayed as House of Black were about to utterly destroy him in the end. Someone needs to book Archer vs King (there was a tag in 2019 but I don't want to go find it, plus Scrull).
  • Gunn Clubb/Caster vs Dark Order had some great bits of feeding by the heels. Reynolds especially is very good at making everything look like everyone's in the right place at the right time. Ogogo trying to get Henry to agree with him how good Uno was amused me for some reason. Not much else to say here, but it was nice to see them against this group instead of the Factory again.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Serpentico is such a good dude.

Tonight is the chunk of the taping which has:

• Yuta (c) vs Nese
  • Drake/Nemeth vs Uno/10
  • Sydal vsSomething
  • Julia vs Rossi
  • Willow vs D'Amboise
  • Comoroto/Solo squash
  • Athena vs Amber Nova
  • Davari vs Caleb Konley