DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

We need this version of Statlander back on the Dynamite or Rampage, maybe with a sitdown with JR explaining the change.  Really cool presentation.  I'd be up for her taking the TBS title off Jade.

I enjoyed Wight referring to Angels as "Allen Five Angels" every single time like it was some sort of Native American name.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

If nick one hand presses Keith, I think I will hear dean's pants explode all the way in new jersey. 

Can Nick Comoroto beel Swerve farther than Keith Lee can beel Aaron Solo?, is the question.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I enjoyed Wight referring to Angels as "Allen Five Angels" every single time like it was some sort of Native American name.

It's a reference to The Godfather Part II and the character Frank Pentangeli (Frankie Five Angels). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man oh man, that was the best episode of Dark ever.  I see that Gigi Rey got the memo that you might as well lay it in against Toni Storm because she will beat the fuck out of you.  Storm is so fucking awesome.  Danielle Kamela's finisher was totally deathdealing.  Rache Chanel looked good before THAT happened to her.  The Powerhouse Hobbs and Ricky Stark versus Evil Uno and Stu Grayson was really fun.  I love how completely fell apart at the end so Ricky Starks just crushes Grayson with a Spear.  That was a swank Powerslam and a swank Spinebuster by Hobbs.  That match was fucking great.  Man, Tony Nese is feeling it after getting the start of a push and he hit a fucking beautiful K-Driller.  Marina Shafir looked great against Alejandra Lion, who is fresh off a Mission Pro match.  Maaaaan, Swerve Shane Strickland and Keith Lee are a great fucking tagteam.  Nick Comoroto looked really great.  Keith Lee is over in Texas!  That Finisher was motherfucking AWESOME!  What a great episode.  AEW RULES THE WORLD.

• Like 7

I caught up with both of this weeks shows (as well as the amazing promo video for Dynamite, must watch if just for the Dustin-Punk segment) and really enjoyed most everything except the times when Kingston and Taz were jawing a little too much.

Like Dean said, that Danielle Kamala finisher was amazing, super quick, crisp, out of nowhere, and looked hurty. Got an audible “oh damn” from me, and even woke Kingston and Taz up.

Hobbs’ snap power slam was mighty. Looked for a minute like Angels had legit hurt Starks neck on the 360, and I’m pretty sure Starks slapping the shit out of the back of his head was a little payback.

I thought Nese almost killed that guy with that move (Dean says k driller), scary stuff. 

Comoroto-Lee was the Big Meaty Men shouldertackling each other like two rhinos that we all love.

From Monday, we had another solid women’s trios with Emi getting more love, JLowe getting more Bunny, and them seemingly solidifying the Soho-Jay team. Then the fun 8-man with Top Flight and Private Party trying to one up each other to win the Hardys’ love.

That was quite the Rube Goldberg combo for the Dark Order-jobbers 8-man. They emphasized on both shows that the Dark Order was actually 2 long term tag teams, and I continue to suspect they’re slowly phasing them out as a faction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I thought Nese almost killed that guy with that move (Dean says k driller), scary stuff. 

Well, that's what Lionness Asuka called it and she was the greatest wrestler of all time so I go with that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I’m pretty daunted by the 5/1/86 80 minute UWF vs NJPW match. Maybe I’ll just take it easy and watch Elevation and Dark instead this week.

It's a good week for it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's a reference to The Godfather Part II and the character Frank Pentangeli (Frankie Five Angels). 

I think Big Paul has hit on something here.  Alan 'Five Angels' getting Puzo'd could be a step in the right direction.  Can we get him fit for a nice suit to wrestle in?

This Week's Elevation made for a nice stationary bike ride companion.  Statlander's looking ready for a push up the ranks.  Andrade always looks great.  I was watching this wondering what else Jose does in this company?  Or if he's paid simply to play this role.  Also, is he getting more animated in this rolel?  I dig Jose's loyalty to the cause.  I also like what Sterling adds to the Nese package.  Good combo.  Ruby Soho is indeed putting some things together lately.  Fun Trios as per usual.  It's surprising to me that AEW never features any Women's trios bouts on TV.  The ladies trios on Dark are consistently good.  In a division where consistency isn't a general feature it's probably worth them taking note.  Dark Order looked like a well oiled machine in the 8 man.  Roppongi-Factory was solid fare.  Hardys/Top Flight-AFO was fine.  Continually and quietly impressed by Darius.  Dante's spectacular, but Darius looks like he's gonna be a hard ass as things move along.  I wanna see Private Party put some things together a little more solidly.  They've both shown promise, but also inconsistency.  And their Indieriffic gear has always looked so cheap.  It's time to consult somebody tasteful.  Has Jeff's Swanton caused any reported injuries yet?  I wanna assume he's a lot lighter than he looks coming down with that thing.  

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

I caught up with both of this weeks shows (as well as the amazing promo video for Dynamite, must watch if just for the Dustin-Punk segment) and really enjoyed most everything except the times when Kingston and Taz were jawing a little too much.

I completely agree.  Excalibur was also sharing a big poorly placed 'inside baseball' laugh during the Main.  I like the rapport between King and Taz, but pick your goddamn spots.  Laugh during the squashes if you must, not the competitive bouts and quasi-Main Events.  

Toni Storm looked good here.  I think it might be time to let Rache Chanel go over some of these NXT releases.  I just love her.  I don't see much promise from Danielle Kamela.  Wasn't buying that finish - wish I saw what you guys were seeing.  Dug Dark Order-Hobbs/Starks.  Stu's flip onto Starks seemed to be cause for concern.  Starks certainly offered a receipt.  Sadly, Marina Shafir doesn't seem to be translating to the bigger crowds.  She does some interesting things in there.  I'm holding out a little hope that she'll figure out how to put it all together, but it is looking a little grim.  Swerve/Lee need to keep polishing this act, and make it something truly 'golden'.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

I did not know any of this stuff about Red Velvet.  Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing this.  Red Velvet would've been an easy babyface if she could have come off naturally like this on TV.  Here she seems like a really sweet lady.  That said, very much looking forward to her playing heel alongside Jade and Kiera Hogan.

• Like 2

Hey, Rache Chanel was on AEW!  She is Madi Wrenkowski's regular tag team partner.  Will Tony Khan book them against the Renegade Twins in the future and carry over one of the better feuds in Mission Pro?  We can only hope.

Good show overall.  I like this episode being WCW Worldwide and warming up the workers about to take part in big matches on Dynamite and Rampage.  Danielle Kamela has a 1-1 record!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Watched the second half of Elevation and then Dark back-to-back. Overall, the women's matches on Elevation were better by far. The Bunny is underrated, and I like the ongoing Youtube storyline of her and Emi seemingly trying to find a third partner who will hold up their end. Where's Penelope? Marina Shafir did not look comfortable in the ring in that match. She also has weirdly lanky monkey-arms, although that may have been her posture.

I almost bought that Dark Order might pick up the win against Team Taz. Glad Starks wasn't hurt, but don't think it's fair to blame Stu Grissom for it - you can't really control where your opponent is when you're somersaulting through the air over his head.

Keith Lee's cardio seems to be improving. Looking forward to him getting back in top form.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Statlander vs Hart, another Emi/Bunny/Rose vs Ruby/Anna/Skye trios, and Penta vs Caster too (Which will be a hell of a rap I bet).

@DEAN, the Takeshita-Moriarty match didn't get willed in last night, but how about a 'dream match' between Takeshita and Brandon Cutler for Monday!?!!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

@DEAN, the Takeshita-Moriarty match didn't get willed in last night, but how about a 'dream match' between Takeshita and Brandon Cutler for Monday!?!!

Omigod!  That's going to be awesome.

• Like 1