DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Just saw Monday’s elevation and hoo boy The Workhorseman not only earned that win, but I think the crowd would’ve been okay with it. One of these days there needs to be an upset.

Red Velvet stirred some feelings...and had one of the better matches I’ve seen of hers.

Frankie Kazarian is such an incredibly talented wrestler, lots of innovative/creative stuff, but I just can’t get into him more than an appreciation of his skill. Lots of music I feel that way about. Lucky Ali should be brought back.

I kind of like the Destination Unknown finisher for Ruby Soho more than No Future. Trying to think of a submission and an appropriate name for it.

Brock is adding more moves to his quiver but he’s still not quite as fluid as he needs to be. Honestly he might have benefitted from some time under a mask because he might be kind of stuck right now being Arn’s kid.

Edited by JLowe
Typos
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:47 PM, DEAN said:

The Boys From Brazil need to quickly procure a spot in ROH.  Tiger Ruas would be a good addition to the Pure division.  Hell, he should go to Japan and join GLEAT UWF.  

I'd be curious to see how Tiger would fare in the Pure Division.  That's too good an idea for him not to at least do a job for young Yuta.  This tag bout sadly gave me doubts about the Boys From Brazil.  Before the bell, they look great, and I have been impressed with Bononi's job duties, but together here they looked awkward and lost.  That said, are they worth developing?  Again, they look great.  Tully's got his team, but could we bring back Nana?

On 4/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, JLowe said:

Just saw Monday’s elevation and hoo boy The Workhorseman not only earned that win, but I think the crowd would’ve been okay with it. One of these days there needs to be an upset.

Red Velvet stirred some feelings...and had one of the better matches I’ve seen of hers.

Frankie Kazarian is such an incredibly talented wrestler, lots of innovative/creative stuff, but I just can’t get into him more than an appreciation of his skill. Lots of music I feel that way about. Lucky Ali should be brought back.

I kind of like the Destination Unknown finisher for Ruby Soho more than No Future. Trying to think of a submission and an appropriate name for it.

Brock is adding more moves to his quiver but he’s still not quite as fluid as he needs to be. Honestly he might have benefitted from some time under a mask because he might be kind of stuck right now being Arn’s kid.

I'm not sure I'm ready to attempt willing it into existence, but I like the idea of Brock being a towel boy, and sometimes third for FTR.  And his old man managing.  But then two on the outside is a bad idea for a babyface - see the American Nightmare for reference.  FTR make everybody other than the Lucha Brothers look their best, but in particular their Rampage bout with Brock/Lee had young Anderson looking like a (quarter of a) million bucks.  I don't think we should count him out yet.  Ppl counted out the Gunns and Wheeler Yuta, and they were proven impatient with both.  There's a precedent in AEW of letting seemingly bland youngsters, like Brock, develop before giving them any reason.  I do like that mask idea tho.  I bet it'll work in the long game for Vance. 

It's totally fair to rate Kaz as a nothing happening guy, but he's great in his role of testing out newcomers, and taking a loss for an ascending talent.  That said, how would you feel about them moving him to the new ROH, moving him to the midcard, and perhaps in a heel role?  That's kinda where I hope he lands.  He and Daniels, but not as a team.  ROH might be in need of a new Prophecy.  

The QT pants-ing was a nice bit of comedy wrestling.  Thanks @The Naturalfor that clip.  How did that not get into the clip package for Chris Jericho's 'Sports Entertainer of the Week'?  Or did it - am I forgetting?

Oh yeah, the Workhorsemen rule.  Let's Will them onto the ROH roster!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, JLowe said:

It's... not great. Spinny flatliner neckbreaker things are all the rage but there are like six of them in AEW. It's tricky. Ruby is not Kris Statlander. You can't give her a strength finisher. You need her to have something that uses finesse and leverage. No one in AEW does Danny Doring's bareback? (or the crummier Shane Douglas version) right? even if people use jawbreakers all the time.

I timestamped it.

You can call it the Time Bomb to keep the Rancid theme. No Future could be an awesome transition spot.

Look, we only want Ruby to succeed.

• Like 5

Tony Goodz is over in Boston!  Didn't help him much.  Ashley D'Ambroise almost had a competitive match with Diamante which I was hoping would be a match to elevate D'Amboise some, which it wasn't.  What a weird ten-man.  I love that whenever the Ass Boys tag with another team, the other team makes fun of them.  Austin Gunn is awesome.  Serpentico is the best wrestler in AEW.  Austin Gunn takes a backbreaker like a champ.  HEY!  It's LUFISTO! I never realized how teeny she is.  Bunny is the Dennis Kondrey of her side.  Ruby Soho is a good Ricky Morton.  A very abrupt ending but it was cool seeing Lufisto in the big leagues.  Alex Abrahantes is so awesome.  Penta Oscuro!  It's Jura Johl.  I love how Penta puts matches together.  He wouldn't do a squash is his career depended on it.  Johl gets in loads of offense in a wee match.  Alex is sooo into his cosplay.  It's infectious.  NICK COMOROTO~!  Fuck yeah!  QT is the king of cheap heat.  Nick Comoroto is great beating the hell out of Dante Martin.  The finish is very complicated.  Top Flight vs FTR!  MAKE IT HAPPEN, TK!  AEW RULES!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I always appreciate Dean’s enthusiasm, but I didn’t really share it with today’s episode. It was very there. Top Flight and Solo-Comoroto didn’t mesh and had timing and flow issues. Dante also regressed to really weak strikes. Bunny was the star of the women’s trios match. Needed a lot more time. They could’ve taken the whole Penta-Johl match time, I mostly scrolled through Twitter while it was on because I just don’t care at all about either of them. Best match was maybe the 10-man with the comedy.

Maybe I’m just being extra cranky because I’m really exhausted and didn’t get much sleep last night.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Reptile Time with Regal

I heard that when it came out, but I kind of want to watch the video too just to see flimsy platitude wielding Abrhantes flustered over Regal dressing him down over the whole respect thing.

• Like 1

Dark was super squashy.  The Capt Shawn Dean vs Rohit Raju was good.  The captain is quite the highflier.  Raju is quite the good hand.  This had some fun nearfalls.  One can only wonder how Wardlow will get him the pinfall on MJF.  HEY! Mylo is from Virginia Beach!  She threw in a headbutt, she must have gone to Cox high or maybe Bayside.  The Max Caster/Mike Reed match was better than it had any right to be.  .Teddy Goodz looked good against Jora Johl.  The rest of the card was completely forgettable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DEAN said:

The Capt Shawn Dean vs Rohit Raju was good.  The captain is quite the highflier.  Raju is quite the good hand.  This had some fun nearfalls.

Rohit Raju also cut a nice little promo. He’d be a fine addition to the ROH roster.  I wonder if Tully’s got any room in the Enterprise budget?  Or perhaps, considering Bononi and Drake's recent activities, the Wingmen could use a new member?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

Ashley D'Ambroise is this year's KiLynn King- the gal who should be signed but for some reason isn't signed, so who will tear it up in the indies.  They announced Statlander from Long Island!  I thought she was from the Andromeda Galaxy.  She has truly... changed.  Former luchadores don't do squashes.  A story must be told.  So Dark and Elevation are better when Penta and Andrade are on.  So Alan Angels gets in some stuff before Andrade does the AWESOME submission.  Awesome! Smart Mark Sterling is managing Tony Nese!  Nese' beard is somehow better than his abs.  Oh man, Mark Sterling should call his stable the ABS ORCHESTRA~!  Where have I seen J Spade?  NWA?  CWFMemphis?  (Hold on, let me look it up.)  Oh right, he wrestles in the NWA.  He lost to Sal Rinauro.  Here, he loses to Tony Nese.  KEEP GRINDING, My brother!  I assume two of the Enhancement 4 man team are tag partners because they look alike.  BEELAMANIA!  The Keith Lee influence is still lingering with Jon Silver.  One of the tag team guys takes the several section Dark Order finish pretty quickly,  There are no luchadores in the Dark Order so there is no need to tell a story.  YAY! NICK COMOROTO!  AWESOME!  TRENT BARRETTA!  Comoroto looks awesome.  Trent takes a Comoroto beating like a champ and tags in Rocky Romero who is a house a-fire.  Comoroto is fucking destroying Romera and Trent as they tried dives to the floor.  Fun nearfalls, especially with the sweet DECAPITATION by the Comoroto and Aaron Solo.  Either way, Aaron Solo was BUILT to be PINNED!  And he LIVES.... his destiny.  Hey!  It Raychell Rose!  She was trained by Booker T and she'll get signed by someone soon.  I'm guessing ROH.  She will lay it in but she isn't large or athletic enough for IMPACT! Knockouts.  I'm wondering why KiLynn King isn't signed to IMPACT!?  The six woman tag was nuts.  That was some messy fun.  Raychell Rose looked great.  I guess they will call her Simply Raychell if they sign her since you don't want the Roses to outnumber the Cages and Pages.  Emi Sakura looked fired up too.  Ruby Soho and Hikaru Shida are superstars.  The Bunny was the glue that kept it together, what keeping together there was.  More of this!  Will Isiah Kassidy scream like a little girl?  We can only... hope.  Sooooo Top Flight and Private Party need a feud?  Yes.  Yes they do.  Angelico is very odd like Swerve Strickland.  Yeah, Private Party and Top Flight are built for a feud. Darius is a good Ricky Morton.  Private Party are a great Midnight Express with Isiah assuming role of Also Jim Cornette.  Isiah screams like a little girl and we can call this a successful wrestling program!   Top Flight and Private Party did the the framework of their Rampage match with Dante and Marq being the battling craziest highflier and successor to Jeff Hardy- who crushes Angelico like a bug  and the good guys win!  AEW RULES!

• Like 5

My daughter heard a noise in her room so she sat with me for most of this.

”This is the stuff you and brother like, and me and Mommy like good stuff.”

Pretty tough talk from someone who thinks there’s an invisible bear hiding in their room!

Anyway, Nick Comoroto should’ve gotten the Satnam Singh push. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Suggested name for sterling faction: ABSolutely.

guessing this was recorded prior to the mox bloodbath. 

Also with shooter returning in Chicago, kind of want he and yuta as the mox minion young guys tag team.

• Like 1