DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

23 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Per Fightful, it appears NXT Deadline is going to be held the same date as Final Battle.

https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1567180838315360259

"I have a lot more fucking money than Jim Crockett did. I'm serious. I'm not going to sit back and take this fucking shit!"

Toss money at Punk and have him second Samoa Joe vs Jericho after Jericho costs Joe the TV belt against Sammy or something. This is the spiteful approach. Given in to the spite, Coach Tony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, wpdougie2180 said:

Wouldn't it make sense to elevate Yuta? Not sure if he is ready but the story is right there. He's able to dowhat his mentor couldn't and beats Jericho while Danielson tries to get the pure title from Garcia since there is more settle between them too. It would continue what they're already doing and flows seamlessly with that interview last night which I presume is leading to a match between Yuta & Danielson. 

That’s what I ld do.

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I wonder if there's been any thought internally of moving 'CM' to the ROH brand? 

Not even one second of consideration. Punk wouldn't accept a "demotion".

Plus you'd have to go through the trouble of moving Cabana back to AEW again. That part would be hilarious to me. But nah, not even a slight chance of it being a consideration.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Not even one second of consideration. Punk wouldn't accept a "demotion".

Plus you'd have to go through the trouble of moving Cabana back to AEW again. That part would be hilarious to me. But nah, not even a slight chance of it being a consideration.

It wasn't a question of whether NotFlips or any particular poster would make the fantasy roster move, but rather if Tony Khan, who seemed to enjoy working with Punk, is considering moving his still contracted star over to his ROH 'brand'. 

On 10/31/2022 at 11:06 PM, DreamBroken said:

Giving it to you early!

FgbNmuAXoAQU8_j?format=jpg&name=medium

Just to get me to get it early, too! Ok, Tony, deal's a deal!

Damn, went looking for it yesterday on FITE, but it's not up for pre-order as of yet. Well, as soon as it becomes available, I'm on it!

Edited by Shartnado
Not available yet...
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

It wasn't a question of whether NotFlips or any particular poster would make the fantasy roster move, but rather if Tony Khan, who seemed to enjoy working with Punk, is considering moving his still contracted star over to his ROH 'brand'. 

Not even one second of consideration (from TK). Punk wouldn't accept a "demotion" (from TK).

Plus (TK woud) have to go through the trouble of moving Cabana back to AEW again. That part would be hilarious to me. But nah, not even a slight chance of it being a consideration (for TK).

Better? That clear it up a bit? Lol my answer was predicting what I think went through TK's head, not what I would do.

Me, I'd try and find a way to get everyone on the same page and knock off the petty shit. Keep Punk in AEW if he'd make a public (and more importantly private and remorseful) apology. It's a bummer that when his year back started it was all about being happy he's back and being pumped to work with all the young new talent. And a year in it turned to such venom and negativity. I don't think that's the kind of punctuation he meant to add on to his career. But I digress.

But no, I don't think Tony Khan spent even one second considering moving the biggest star AEW has ever had over to their sister promotion that is decidedly not as popular or mainstream. No one on ROH's payroll should be making what Punk makes.

5 hours ago, Red King said:

ROH is expected to get a tv show in 2023.

Still no news about what Tony plans to do roster wise, no news either if the ROH on AEW tv stops either. 

i'm guessing the big announcement happens at Final Battle. roster fallout will probably be muddy for a bit afterwards, to build anticipation for the brand re-emergence. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red King said:

ROH is expected to get a tv show in 2023.

Still no news about what Tony plans to do roster wise, no news either if the ROH on AEW tv stops either. 

They’ve done a great job of building the ROH brand, at times to the detriment of the AEW brand/show. Looking forward to the split with some occasional crossover.

• Like 2

I'm ok with all the ROH titles being on AEW tv as it gives seemingly everyone on the giant roster something meaningful to do ( I was in favor of adding a second men's secondary title before the AA was announced) that said I do feel we are quickly getting to a "shit or get off the pot" regarding ROH

• Like 1

Tony Khan is working to get ROH on the airwaves and with WBD.

Just me speculating,  I wonder if AEW Rampage gets replaced with ROH in Jan. They have been running separate Rampage shows recently. All those ROH belts and booking the future actual ROH roster may boost the ratings of the possible ROH/Rampage show if so.

Or maybe ROH will get their own separate show on tv.

Edited by Red King

6 hours ago, elizium said:

If I'm TNT, I'd be pretty pissed if the Friday show was rebranded from AEW to ROH

I'm no so sure. There's an effective talking point in there about how WWE separated into Raw & Smackdown and both shows have an identity and a reason to watch. Yes both are WWE. But essentially the same argument could be made with WWE & NXT. USA has both. One is not named WWE. They both get viewership, and I'd argue NXT attracts more viewers than adding a C show WWE like Main Event or Superstars would.

Maybe changing AEW's B show into something different with a different roster and identity would be a good thing. Wrestling fans like different. Maybe more people would watch that than Rampage.

If you sold it correctly TV Networks would be more receptive to it than wrestling fans assume they would be I bet.

• Like 1