DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

17 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

It's appropriate considering the ROH purgatory that AEW has created.

All they needed to do was pivot off the original ECW invasion of WWF in sentiment. Soft homegrown talent who only made it due to whims of billionaire while original ROH grafted for every moment of success they got. Put the AEW originals over the ROH guys in a passing of the torch with high stakes and you’ve got a nice company wide angle that’s probably worth $$$ whatever he paid for ROH. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Depends if it's homemade stuffing or not. What kind of potatoes are we talking? Sweet potato? Baked potato? French fries?

Over Thanksgiving time, Whole Foods has this sweet potato crunch with cinnamon and almonds that's absolutely amazing.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, Curt McGirt said:

What was Stuffing Instead of Potatoes a framistan for? Don't think I ever figured that one out. Was it "the product" or was that another one? 

I was thinking “humped your mom” was the framistan for ‘product’.  What was “humped your mom” a replacement for?  It was a word or phrase I used a fair bit back then.

Jumped the Shark  = Humped Your Mum

Product = Stuffing instead of Potatoes

(I still use "Manly beyond my wildest expectations"  in real life sometimes". Or "More songs about (thing) and (other thing)")

22 hours ago, onelegbrynn said:

So there's this today:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/tony-khan-well-have-great-news-soon-about-weekly-roh-shows

Basically, Tony Khan says that there will be another ROH PPV this year (assuming it'll be Final Battle?) and a weekly ROH show to air in 2023.

And if I'll get that PPV early enough, I'll have enough FITE credits to get AEW Revolution 2023 for free!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

If it's just Jericho beating up fools from ROH's past I'd be all over that.

Had this idea last night: Jericho turning into Painmaker again and running through all the old ROH guys like Matsunaga. Fireballs, blood, cheating, stab somebody in the eye with his jacket, whatever.

And then Homicide shows up. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't it make sense to elevate Yuta? Not sure if he is ready but the story is right there. He's able to dowhat his mentor couldn't and beats Jericho while Danielson tries to get the pure title from Garcia since there is more settle between them too. It would continue what they're already doing and flows seamlessly with that interview last night which I presume is leading to a match between Yuta & Danielson. 

Edited by wpdougie2180
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, wpdougie2180 said:

Wouldn't it make sense to elevate Yuta? Not sure if he is ready but the story is right there. He able to dowhat his mentor couldn't and beats Jericho while Danielson tries to get the pure title from Garcia since there is more settle between them too. It would continue what they're already doing and flows seamlessly with that interview last night which I presume is leading to a match between Yuta & Danielson. 

This is great booking

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Had this idea last night: Jericho turning into Painmaker again and running through all the old ROH guys like Matsunaga. Fireballs, blood, cheating, stab somebody in the eye with his jacket, whatever.

And then Homicide shows up. 

With a bottle of Drano?

Cue that Beanie Segal music.

• Like 3