DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Ok,  I'll give you Joe Namath,  but Bradshaw was the quarterback for the best team of the decade,  he belongs.

I'm not saying whether Terry belongs or not, just that Stafford was better.  Don't believe me?  Bradshaw's backups had basically the same record as him.  For example, they went 6-0 with Mike Kruczek at quarterback in 1976 but 4-4 with Terry.  And Kruczek didn't throw a single TD.

Edited by Tabe

The Lions have told Trey Flowers that they're releasing him next week.  Flowers has been a prime example of Matt Patricia bringing in guys from New England and overpaying them based on his familiarity with them.  Flowers has been pretty much a bust for Detroit, getting 7.5 sacks his first year and being hurt most of the last two years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33469943/source-detroit-lions-tell-linebacker-trey-flowers-released

19 hours ago, Tabe said:

I'm not saying whether Terry belongs or not, just that Stafford was better.  Don't believe me?  Bradshaw's backups had basically the same record as him.  For example, they went 6-0 with Mike Kruczek at quarterback in 1976 but 4-4 with Terry.  And Kruczek didn't throw a single TD.

But that defense went to another level after Turkey Jones assaulted Bradshaw in Cleveland, various members of that D have said everyone was hung over, still partying, or content after back to back championships and Jones trying to break Bradshaw’s neck sent them to beast mode. 

Edited by Mister TV
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tabe said:

Stafford is not anywhere close to being better in comparison to his peers. Roger Staubach is the only quarterback who I'd say was definitively better than him during his era. He was 1st team All-Pro in 1978. He won 4 Super Bowls and was MVP of 2 of them. Matthew Stafford has never been one of the 5 best quarterbacks in the league. He's a guy who puts up big numbers,  but they ultimately don't add up to much when it comes to winning or losing. The Super Bowl this year should be like at like the crowning achievement of a career he should be proud of,  but he is not an all time great. There are currently 34 hall of fame quarterbacks that's less than 5 per decade.  Stafford isn't one of the 5 best quarterbacks of his era. He might not even be top 10.

Edited by supremebve
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There are a lot of O lineman who are going to make a fuckton of money this offseason. 

Cincy are surely looking at reworking as many deals as possible to bring them all in?

Give Joe a healthy O-Line with even a modicum of talent and he's taking them all the way.

There is nothing more Washington then hearing them complain about how they didn't wait one week to go for Deshaun when everyone knows how amazingly awful it would like

Do I like him fuck no but as a Steelers fan we need him badly 

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

There is nothing more Washington then hearing them complain about how they didn't wait one week to go for Deshaun when everyone knows how amazingly awful it would like

Hey, when you can trade multiple draft picks to get a QB who is, at best, slightly above average and pay him $28 million for the season, who is almost certainly going to be cut and available for less money and no draft picks in another week or two, you jump on it.

(I know I was defending Wentz the other day, and I stand by my claim he's not as bad as people act like he is. But Washington shouldn't have traded a ham sandwich for him on that contract.)

• Like 3

The problem is that other teams were trying to get Wentz too, so I can sort of see why Washington jumped, especially since they had offered a better package for Wilson only to be turned down.

(And, hey, massive overspending is becoming the norm for DC area teams)

3 hours ago, dogwelder said:

The problem is that other teams were trying to get Wentz too, so I can sort of see why Washington jumped, especially since they had offered a better package for Wilson only to be turned down.

(And, hey, massive overspending is becoming the norm for DC area teams)

I thought I heard Wilson refused to go there, more than Seattle turning them down.

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade wide receiver Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

Meanwhile...

In addition to the Panthers, Seahawks, Buccaneers and Browns, the Saints and Vikings have emerged as Watson suitors, Aaron Wilson of ProFootballNetwork.com reports.

The Eagles are no longer believed to be a key player here. Watson has not shown interest in Philadelphia as a destination, with Wilson adding he has never waived his no-trade clause for the Eagles.