DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

23 minutes ago, Boydy said:

I was shocked to find out by Regal that Slade had more UK number 1's then the Beatles.

I'm not sure that's true. A quick google tells me that the Beatles had more number 1 singles and albums than Slade.

2 hours ago, Log said:

I'm not sure that's true. A quick google tells me that the Beatles had more number 1 singles and albums than Slade.

Oh ok I wonder why Regal thinks Slade has had more number 1's in the UK then The Beatles.

Abyss To Zenk where we attempt to watch & review every Tom Zenk match we can find looks at a doozy for this episode. Tom Zenk & Rick Martel vs Sika & Kamala. Yes, we are back looking at the World Wrestling Federation as well as discussing sports & entertainment that happened on this day. 

Join us as we dissect and marvel at what is most definitely a match that happened.

Can-Am Connection vs Sika & Kamala

• Like 1

Anybody got any recommendations for show reviews? I used to dig the Deadlock Dynamite reviews, but lost interest. I listen to the Meltzer/Alvarez reviews, but kinda need a break from those two. Not interested in SRS. 

Also interested in what pods ppl are digging? Regal, Foley and Nash are currently regular listens. I was really into Arn for awhile, but it started to get repetitive and had to take a break. Listened to some Angle pod and may go back to it. Listened to the Jarrett, and have no interest in returning save for an interesting clip here or there. No interest in Bischoff or Pritchard. Dug the Hero podcast, wish that had continuted.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:30 AM, cwoy2j said:

Yeah, Foley has amazing recall considering what he's put his brain through. 

I know!

I wanted him to sign my "This Side of the Mic" book, which includes a photo of him with us at Big Butler Fair 2004. As soon as he saw the cover, he said, "I'm in that book!"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Anybody got any recommendations for show reviews? I used to dig the Deadlock Dynamite reviews, but lost interest. I listen to the Meltzer/Alvarez reviews, but kinda need a break from those two. Not interested in SRS. 

Also interested in what pods ppl are digging? Regal, Foley and Nash are currently regular listens. I was really into Arn for awhile, but it started to get repetitive and had to take a break. Listened to some Angle pod and may go back to it. Listened to the Jarrett, and have no interest in returning save for an interesting clip here or there. No interest in Bischoff or Pritchard. Dug the Hero podcast, wish that had continuted.

I like Renee's podcast quite a bit.  She's an actual former journalist, so she's knows how to conduct an interview.  Also, she's pretty tight with a lot of the people she has on, so I feel like they open up to her.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Log said:

I like Renee's podcast quite a bit.  She's an actual former journalist, so she's knows how to conduct an interview.  Also, she's pretty tight with a lot of the people she has on, so I feel like they open up to her.

Yeah, I dig that one too. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Wrestling@Random. They review shows(both PPVs and TV episodes) that are at least ten years old. It's hosted by Adam Summers and Jeremy Diemer. It's a fun listen.

• Like 1

I've only watched clips of the Kevin Nash podcast but the clip where he talks about playing against Bill Laimbeer in the NCAA tournament and dealing with how Laimbeer played

So the Nash podcast might also be good for talk about when basketball players used to punch each other during games

• 2 weeks later...

Matt McCarthy had a fun story about Vince, Dave Kapoor, and Khali on this week’s We Watch Wrestling, about what a cool, laid back guy Khali was.  Apparently Vince was pissed that Khali was doing chops at various points in a match.

Vince: Goddamn pal, why is Khali chopping at the beginning?!  That’s his finish!   Dave, go talk to ‘em.

Dave: Khali, you can’t chop early in the match like that.  That’s your finish.

Khali:  No.   That’s a different chop.

Dave:  We’ll nobody knows the difference, so stop doing it.

Khali:  Oh well.  What to do?  It over now.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Bunkhouse Stampede chatter has been fun, but it does kinda feel like it's inching a bit close to that 'best before' date. Dig the Nash pod. He's a fantastic interview subject. That said, the pop culture chats, and in particular the recent 'rock front men' convo felt more than a little out of touch and with not much at all to offer. Oliver's seems even more out of touch, but he's affable. Hoping he can be steered back towards chats of the Squared Circle and things he's better suited to discuss. He seems capable and invested enough to discuss politics, but movies, music, the arts, haven't proven to be subjects he's on top of enough to go full-episode-deep.

Anybody else loving the Foley is Pod series?

Edited by HarryArchieGus