DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

Meltzer is reporting a bunch of expiring AEW contracts won't be renewed.  

If it's a guy who's contract is up and he's not on TV anymore or being used, they will probably be let go.

If someone shows Vince a picture of Brian Cage, he's going to be NXT Champion by June. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If someone shows Vince a picture of Brian Cage, he's going to be NXT Champion by June. 

Except he's about 15 yrs. too old for NXT.   He's nearly 40.

Also, WWE had him in developmental about fifteen years ago and he did last long (about 15 months).

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

Probably easiest to mention this here

The folks from the group that included Keith Lee, Nia Jax, etc... should all have their 90 day no releases coming up within the next 2 weeks (well those who had 90 days to start with)

Oney Lorcan noted he will be free in 10 days and Gran Metalik (back under his Máscara Dorada name) has already announced for 3 GCW shows in February (the first one is Feb 4)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oney Lorcan noted he will be free in 10 days and Gran Metalik (back under his Máscara Dorada name) has already announced for 3 GCW shows in February (the first one is Feb 4)

Biff Busick is headlining a Beyond Wrestling show the day after his deal expires. It's called Day 91. He's wrestling SLADE.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I was going to say: "But...but he hadn't discovered working out three times a week and eating protein, back then!"

That reminds me of all the Health and Fitness magazines where (insert action star with movie coming out here) is on the cover touting his workout regimen.  One of the best things I ever read about this phenomena is where someone said "broccoli and chicken and hard workouts is Hollywood slang for PEDs."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

That reminds me of all the Health and Fitness magazines where (insert action star with movie coming out here) is on the cover touting his workout regimen.  One of the best things I ever read about this phenomena is where someone said "broccoli and chicken and hard workouts is Hollywood slang for PEDs."

Yeah, that's probably exactly what I was attempting to refer to. Or that time when Jinder Mahal claimed that his transformation was attributed to cutting out all carbs from his diet.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I presume this is because someone speculated on his future. 

I do expect a company like AEW or even New Japan offering in a decent amount to work for them in some capacity but knowing how loyal Regal was to WWE and even how grateful to them for saving his life early on in his run with that company, I don't see him just jumping so quickly at the first outside offer just not to look desperate. If any of the non inring personalities have a chance to get rehired , He'd be the to of the list but at the same time if it's true that guys were getting released because they were Hunter's right hand guys he'd actually have the least chance of returning. Either way, I hope to see him apart of someone's promotion in some for because it's good for the industry as a whole.

• Like 1

PWI says that Brian Kendrick has requested his release and hasn't been at the NXT/205 Live Tapings since requesting said release.

As a reminder - he was supposed to have a match against Harland on NXT TV that never happened

9 minutes ago, twiztor said:

Brian Kendrick is still under WWE contract? i thought he retired a couple years back.

Has hasn't wrestled since Oct 2020

Early in 2021 - it was shown that he had transitioned to being a producer.

That being said - in December that started an angle where Harland beat him up and threw him down some stairs. They were supposed to then have a match on the last NXT of the year. But it didn't happen (with no explanation) and hasn't been brought up since

• Thanks 1

Also - this seems a touch more appropriate here than the Podcast thread

This podcast is where all the various Nia stories that have been hitting the last couple of hours have been coming from including Nia confirming that she turned down the ask to be in this year's Rumble

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This podcast is where all the various Nia stories that have been hitting the last couple of hours have been coming from including Nia confirming that she turned down the ask to be in this year's Rumble

Good. I didn't want her in there anyways. Everyone wins.