DVDVR Message Board

Fallout 4?

Gonzo

There's some buzz going around about a potential Fallout 4 being announced in early December.

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

Right now, the site is just a date and some morse code with the Fallout font and the Vault-Tec logo.

Someone did a breakdown of an audio file that was apparently pulled from the domain, too. It has another Ink Spots song (To Each His Own), like the other Fallout games have had (Maybe and I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire) among some crashing waves and the sound of a gun being loaded. At this point, nobody's sure whether or not it's legit or if it's a hoax.

Hopefully it's real. . .the Fallout series is probably #2 on my list of favorite video game series of this generation (behind Mass Effect). Maybe Bethesda will even hire some testers to find most of the bugs before the game comes out this time around.

• Like 1

The last rumored location I remember hearing was Boston. Anyone heard anything since? It's a shame it won't be in San Fransisco like was rumored for a while. The geography and landmarks there would have made for an awesome setting.

The last rumored location I remember hearing was Boston. Anyone heard anything since? It's a shame it won't be in San Fransisco like was rumored for a while. The geography and landmarks there would have made for an awesome setting.

I wonder if that means we'll get ghouls with some FAHKIN' BAWSTAHN ACCENTS.

Because that would be pretty awesome.

The countdown is to Spike VGAs so expect the release trailer there.

Also the site has been updated with this message in morse code

"MY DEAR SISTER. I'M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. —0321—"

So yeah... Boston it is

• Like 1

Maybe Bethesda will even hire some testers to find most of the bugs before the game comes out this time around.

Don't hold your breath on this... 

Fallout 3 crashed on me multiple times while I was still in the vault post b-day party.  It got to the point that I punted my xbox into my entertainment center and broke the power cord (where it plugs into the back of the xbox) AFTER I popped a controller apart from twisting it.  Fun times, fun times.

You know what bugs me about that hoax? It was up for weeks. Someone at Bethesda HAD to know about it. Yet not once did they come out and say "Hey guys, this isn't real. Don't get yourselves all worked about it."

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

if this countdown timer expires to reveal an HD Remaster, I will probably never stop laughing.

Fallout 2 might be the best isometric graphics game I've ever played so, I mean, it would be an immense troll but still an outcome I wouldn't be furious about at the same time.