DVDVR Message Board

The Box Office Thread

EVA

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just remember, in 76 Fox had so little faith in the movie, they let Lucas keep the merchandise and story rights, etc

In fairness, at that point the only films in history where the merchandising rights were worth a goddamn thing were basically all Disney films. Turned out to be a stroke of genius by Lucas, but I don't really blame the studio for not seeing it coming.

We have actual box office drama this weekend. Rogue One is less than $200,000 ahead of Hidden Figures per the weekend estimates. By the time actuals come in tomorrow afternoon, it could go either way.

If Rogue 1 wins by $25 then it's my fault for taking my family to a $5 Tuesday "I'm too cheap to see this when everyone else is seeing it so we gon' go two weeks later in the middle of a work day now shut up and hide these smartees I found leftover from Halloween in your sock" matinee.

Lost in Rogue One destroying everyone

Assasin's Creed was another video game flop

Has only done $46 million in the US so far and is still less than $100 worldwide

Its budget is $125 million

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lost in Rogue One destroying everyone

Assasin's Creed was another video game flop

Has only done $46 million in the US so far and is still less than $100 worldwide

Its budget is $125 million

It got terrible reviews, right? Video Game Movies already face an uphill battle due to their reputation, so people know better than to go to the movie just based off the name. Soon as I saw the early reviews I knew it was doomed.

• RIPPA locked this topic