DVDVR Message Board

J.T.

My wife used to manage a Spirit, she’ll get a kick of this. 

They only put out a press release announcing the movie a couple of months ago, so my working theory is that it was shot under a different title centered on a generic Halloween store, then they got the licensing rights for Spirit and did some post production fuckery to include it.

Christopher Lloyd is the ultimate children’s horror icon if there ever was one.

• Like 2

I approve on anything that gives Christopher Lloyd a paycheck

I don't approve of Rachael Leigh Cook playing a Mom

Or maybe I do

My loins are conflicted....

• Haha 2

On 8/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, driver said:

I've heard enough Pyun movies reviewed on the Zac Amico's Midnight Spook Show podcast that Albert feels like a family friend.

I went to a screening of Captain America 89 when Albert was pimping his Director's-cut ...... which means nearly a decade ago. Jesus. ..... and he was there for a Q&A session. Unfortunately that portion of the presentation wasn't adequately advertised so no one was ready for him which was a bit of a missed opportunity. Seemed very open and likable though. He was also rocking a backpack the whole time with thumbs hooked underneath the straps. My overall impression was this is a guy that you could talk movies and books and comics with for hours and the conversation would never flag. Sad to hear about his current condition.    

• Like 3

On 8/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, RIPPA said:

I approve on anything that gives Christopher Lloyd a paycheck

I don't approve of Rachael Leigh Cook playing a Mom

Or maybe I do

My loins are conflicted....

I am perfectly fine with the role of the hot mom being played by Rachael Lee Cook as I am a man of that certain age.

Edited by J.T.

Barbarian has been pushed back a week or so from its August 31st release date.  It is now scheduled to come out on September 9th.

Edited by J.T.

Margaux

Starring:  Madison Pettis, Vanessa Morgan, Richard Harmon, Lochlyn Munro, Jedidiah Goodacre, Phoebe Miu, Jordan Buhat, Brittany Mitchell, Louis Lay

This will be going straight to Paramount+ and VoD on September 9th.

If you are an old fart like me and are wondering if you have seen this plot device in a movie before, you have:

THPTitles.png&ehk=H3TEvUYsFHFBcG7349%2Bc

Bones & All

Directed by Luca Guadagnino

Starring Timothée Chalamet, Taylor Russell, Mary Rylance, Chloe Sevigny

Based on the novel by Camille DeAngelis. 

Spoiler

A tender coming of age movie.... about cannibals.

Should be in theaters by November 23rd.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

@J.T.disrespecting my posts

No, I did not.  Go back and check my post in the Upcoming Movies thread.  At least I did my best not to spoil the part about the kids being cannibals like you did. ?

Edited by J.T.

Day Shift was stupid but entertaining. I actually kind of dug the vampire lore they introduced in that universe. Going into it I assumed it was supposed to be a sequel to Night Teeth, or at least set in the same universe, but couldn't find any connections or mentions that they're in any way related.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Research question for the horror aficionados:

Can you think of a spy/heist film that has a horror component, hopefully vampire related?

I may need a episode of the pod for October with a Dracula/vampire theme . 

Off the top of my head, Dracula 2000 is about a team of thieves who accidentally unleash him by stealing his coffin during a heist. 

• Like 1

There was a movie that came out around 2006 or something called Dead Heist about bank robbers and cops joining forces to fight off a vampire zombie horde.  It is a lost so-bad-it-might-be good gem of African-American hip hop horror featuring Big Daddy Kane, Bonecrusher, and Thunderbird Dinwiddie.

The obvious answer might be From Dusk Til Dawn, but there is no robbery in progress.  The Geckos are on the run with the loot from their strongarm robbery and then vampires.

I can't think of any espionage movies that are vampire-centric.   There are more horror westerns than there are horror spy movies.

(BP) is on point.  Dracula 2000 is indeed about a robbery of an antique shop owned by a descendant of Abraham Van Helsing that goes bad in the worst possible way.

Edited by J.T.

If you are just looking for horror movies with a heist component, I think the sequel of the reboot of The House on Horror Hill had some sort of kidnapping element and armed thieves going into the titular haunted house to steal some sort of demonic artifact and then naturally shit goes sideways really fast.