DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV (2022)

jp958ntkx2r51.jpg?auto=webp&s=fae965f66f

Agents of SHIELD Season Four is by far the best and there's only the following Marvel TV seasons I have ahead of it. These three 100%:

1. Daredevil Season 1.

2. Daredevil Season 2.

3. Agent Carter Season 1.

Possibly:

4. Loki.

5. WandaVision.

She Hulk has been slightly delayed (by one day) as the decision has been made to release the episodes on Thursday instead of Wednesday

Series will now begin on Thursday, August 18

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

She Hulk has been slightly delayed (by one day) as the decision has been made to release the episodes on Thursday instead of Wednesday

Series will now begin on Thursday, August 18

Disney to whatever VFX studio works on that show: "Alight, we gave you a whole extra day. Now go make her look good!"

• Like 1

fired up D+ to watch She-Hulk last night. apparently it doesn't start until September (edit: i guess it's just later in August)? damn, i thought it was July. guess i'll get caught up on Moon Knight then...

Edited by twiztor
date update

4 hours ago, twiztor said:

fired up D+ to watch She-Hulk last night. apparently it doesn't start until September (edit: i guess it's just later in August)? damn, i thought it was July. guess i'll get caught up on Moon Knight then...

August 18. Andor is September 21.

Is it me or is it weird that the D+ content is overlapping in its release times.  While for the last few weeks there hasn’t been anything being churned out.  I would have figured (and how the app started up) seemed to suggest a one-at-a-time release schedule to drive focus to the new hot thing.

Earlier this year I had been hearing that Obi Wan and Bad Batch might have had some overlap weeks.  Which I thought was a bad idea to have both out there and shave off you audience from OWK or outright kill TBB.  Thankfully, they moved things around.

I might be way off in understanding viewing habits in this new age of streaming services.  But at a surface level it seemed sound.

Rosario has walked back that claim about the Punisher show being revived, FWIW.

7 hours ago, EVA said:

Sweet Lord. Let’s all agree to leave the Punisher back in the 70’s/80’s where he belongs. You can keep selling the shirt to cops without making anymore media about him.

The problem is people appropriating the logo for their own use, not the character itself. They've addressed this multiple times in the comics - I'm pretty sure even recently, Frank beat the shit out of a Proud Boy member (and he no longer uses the Punisher skull, for the moment anyway).

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

The problem is people appropriating the logo for their own use, not the character itself. 

An adaption of Remender’s Franken-Castle run would be swank and would also sidestep the logo problem.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My 65-year-old brother, who spends 90% of his time watching YouTube videos about Marvel, Tesla, and various talent shows, told me this over a week ago. So not impressed, Rosario. Not impressed.

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Execproducer said:

My 65-year-old brother, who spends 90% of his time watching YouTube videos about Marvel, Tesla, and various talent shows, told me this over a week ago. So not impressed, Rosario. Not impressed.

I would've been more impressed if it had been Ebon Moss-Bacharach leaking the info.  That way I'd know that David Lieberman / Micro would be back in the story after being unceremoniously cut out of S2.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, Casey said:

The problem is people appropriating the logo for their own use, not the character itself. They've addressed this multiple times in the comics - I'm pretty sure even recently, Frank beat the shit out of a Proud Boy member (and he no longer uses the Punisher skull, for the moment anyway).

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. Every cop who goes around wearing the skull does so because of who the character is. An ex-military guy who thinks crime can be solved by killing a whole lot of people using a whole lot of guns. Marvel decided years ago to turn this character, who is a tragic villian/  anti-hero at best, into a full fledged hero with his own title, and now the culture has changed and they're trying to walk it back. Its gross. Castle, the character, should've either died years ago or given up being the Punisher. Having him kill cops or Proud Boys isn't going to change who the character actually is or what he represents.

So, I thought She Hulk was pretty good. Not a home run, but still enjoyed it. I wish they would have spent a bit more time on her learning to control it, getting used to the hulk body, etc. Had just the right amount of 4th wall breaking though. I was hoping they wouldn't get too carried away with it. I'm not overly familiar with her villains so who was that bursting into the court room like Kool Aid man? 

• 3 weeks later...