DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics - 2022

Dolfan in NYC

FB6 

So no hyperime reality changing Earth 0 stuff or anything reality changing. The FB timeline is stabilised, some of the charcters stop being nihilistic.

The 13 new characters for Earth 0 are more retcon/integration but nothing gets screwed up insertions. Golden Age Aquaman and Golden Age Red Lantern for examples. 

And yeah more Watchmen stuff to come.

Personally, I’ve really liked Flashpoint Beyond.  I’m fine with the 

Spoiler

Watchmen tease

and willing to see where it goes.  The other big reveal from issue 6

Spoiler

“new” Golden Age characters

is interesting.

Dark Crisis 6 to 7 and remaining tieins

Black Canary probably dies for good. They got others in the BC generational family line and the new Red Canarary as replacement too.

Deathstroke will be powered up and pushed.

The Time Masters have been sorta reverted back to their pre crisis versions with some changes.  Rip Hunter has his Linear Man personality while Bonnie is the smartest woman in the DCU. Jeff Smith however remains Black like his Post Crisis version. Corky is alive and has living raccon hat. They're all also sorta more assholeish.

Not sure yet but seems previous post crisis and more Rip Hunters, the Post Crisis Time Masters, Linear Men are all probably erased.

Vanishing Point still exists.

If true, Helena Wayne Huntress is from 26 years from the future.  So she isn't the Huntress from Pre Crisis Earth Two.

While the 5G Earth has been averted, the other Earths and Futures from Doomsday Clock haven't been.

DC The New Golden Age Huntress and Batman info

Spoiler

Huntress is from the future and her father Bruce gets murdered. Bruce was forced into retirement by Selina before he died. 

Someday more Robins will die, and Joker's son will be a Robin. 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

I may have been too hard on The Authority. I'm still not fond of late 90s superhero comics, but it's better than I gave it credit for. Hitch's art is beautiful even if it is at the forefront of the shift towards big panels and sparse dialogue. 

To me, that Ellis stuff like Authority and DV8 didnt age well. Because of my love of metatext. I am still fond of Planetary. 

• Like 1

Post TNGA, Earth 0 operates on real time in the past (20th century) for the JSA until some unknown period and also sliding time scale for the last (somewhat compressed) 13 or so years.

For the real time history, most of the pre crisis JSA characters debuted in their real our world years and periods, the publication dates in the 20th century. So Powergirl debuted in 1976. Also similar as it was when Earth 2 used real time pre crisis, at least until some unknown cut off date. 

Then probably gap break.

The former Earth 1,4,X,S, Wildstorm, Vertigo characters are all on the sliding time scale.  And Stargirl and her ilk.

Many excuses exist for the many JSA members to maintain their youth longterm, so it should all work.

Wonderwoman debuted in the GA and WW2 and joined the JSA.

On the sliding timescale...

Batman is around late 30s age wise, if he was 8 when his parents died 31 years ago. It's the year one origin being used.

If Barry Allen also debuted about around 13 or so years ago, the gap grew where Jay and Barry met originally in the comics, so it had to be changed to the new scale.

The recently released issue of Justice Society of America retells the Helena Wayne Huntress's origin....

Spoiler

but in the future. With Earth 0 Batman dying nearly the same way he died on Earth 2. He also wears pre crisis Earth 2 Batman suit in the future before dying. Catwoman lives this time around. Earth 0 Superman becomes more like his Earth counterpart costume and hair wise as shown in the Batman funeral panel.

Anyway, I expect the future of Huntress to be averted because Helena went back in time, thanks to the Flashpoint Beyond Snowglobe.

I omitted many things. 

20 hours ago, twiztor said:

yeah, but did Dick Grayson ever wear that hideous Batman/Robin hybrid costume in Helena's origin?

I think by that time, he’s wearing the Neal Adams designed costume 

Wonder-Woman-Vol.-1-284-1981.jpg

Edited by odessasteps

Fi_-6qRVQAEVRmV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Interesting seeing which characters look like Batman: The Animated Series (The Joker/Harley Quinn/Riddler/Mr Freeze/Killer Croc) and those from The New Batman Adventures (Batman/Catwoman/Penguin/Harley Quinn). I'd say nearly all the redesigns are worse in the latter particularly The Joker/The Riddler/Commissioner Gordon. The only one I might prefer is The Scarecrow. It's close between that and his Batman: The Animated Series look.

• Like 1