DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

The Flash's release date has been moved up a week.

Now scheduled to release on June 16, 2023 (Apparently they wanted more time in theaters before Indiana Jones 5 comes out - which is June 30)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Flash's release date has been moved up a week.

Now scheduled to release on June 16, 2023 (Apparently they wanted more time in theaters before Indiana Jones 5 comes out - which is June 30)

Smart thinking.  An extra week would Ezra Miller time for two more public meltdowns and a felony or three.

Miller hasn’t been in the news for a couple months now.  WBD may never get this chance again.  I’d stealth release the movie tomorrow.  Screw the advertising.

(Actually, I assume WBD is sitting on Miller to keep him out of trouble - maybe literally - and will continue to do so until Flash is out of theaters)

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:35 PM, JonnyLaw said:

I loved Giffen’s initial Blue Beetle run, so I’m cautiously excited about this… which is far more excited than I’ve been for any of the other DC movies in a long time.

Since DC screwed us out of a New Gods movie the very least they could do is give me a JLI movie.

Sorry for the double post, but... what?

Momoa, meanwhile, could emerge as a pivotal figure into the new plans, according to several sources. In one scenario, the actor would wrap up his days as underwater hero Arthur Curry with Lost City, due out Dec. 25, 2023, which would be the final movie released that was made by the previous regime. But it would not spell the end of the actor’s involvement with DC, with sources saying the actor would lead another movie or franchise. The character of Lobo, a foul-mouthed cigar-chomping intergalactic bounty hunter, has been mentioned in connection with Momoa.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/wonder-woman-3-not-moving-forward-dc-movies-1235276804/

So they're just never gonna get their act together. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well it appears the first major domino has fallen with the new regime

Wonder Woman 3 has been cancelled

Such a big difference in quality from Wonder Woman (2017) to Wonder Woman 84 (2020). When I think of two films going from good to bad or vice versa, it's the former here. I liked Wonder Woman but feel it's overrated. I thought Wonder Woman 84 was really bad.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 1:50 PM, RIPPA said:

Gal Gadot says that Wonder Wonder 3 will "probably begin filming in a year and a half"

On 1/7/2022 at 6:11 AM, The Natural said:

Hoping it's more Wonder Woman and less Wonder Woman 1984. Such a drop in quality between two instalments.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:19 PM, BrianS81177 said:

1000% agree with this. 1984 was awful. Especially the ending. I'm as willing to suspend belief as the next guy but you know good and god damned well there would be some asshole who would be all "Well why should I have to give up MY wish?". Also Kristen Wiig is awful. 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:54 AM, The Natural said:

I fully agree with all you say. There's the body switch as well which is most uncomfortable. I thought Wonder Woman 1984 sucked. I'm trying to think of a bigger quality drop between two movies like Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984.

There's a whole bunch of stuff coming out and who even knows what's true and what's bullshit.

Apparently, WB execs didn't like the story for WW3 and Patti Jenkins just walked.

Christina Hodson who wrote Bumblebee, Birds of Prey, the cancelled Batgirl and The Flash was apparently working on a Michael Keaton Batman Beyond. It could have seen Michelle Pfieiffer return as Catwoman. They aren't moving forward.

Despite The Rock saying WB had no plans for Henry Cavill, Walter Hamada was building up to him returning in a Crisis movie. It's been known for a while that's what everything was leading to. Jim Lee had Crisis artwork that had actors from the CW, DCEU and Robert Pattinson's Batman. The Rock instead brought Cavill back for Black Adam. 

Steven Knight of Peaky Blinders wrote a treatment for Man of Steel 2 that WB didn't like. Andy Muschiettii (The Flash) was interesting in making a Donner esque Superman film.

James Mangold is apparently interested in working with the new regime.

Twitter Bros are hashtagging #FireJamesGunn because of course. 

• Thanks 1

My super out there fantasy scenario is Gunn bringing both sides to the table and we get an Amalgam Film Universe, or even an animated show or something.

But I'm just a super mark for Amalgam Comics, always have been since I was a kid. Dark Claw? Spider-Boy? LOBO THE DUCK?! Come on, this is a license to print money, James Gunn and Kevin Feige!

34 minutes ago, Casey said:

My super out there fantasy scenario is Gunn bringing both sides to the table and we get an Amalgam Film Universe, or even an animated show or something.

But I'm just a super mark for Amalgam Comics, always have been since I was a kid. Dark Claw? Spider-Boy? LOBO THE DUCK?! Come on, this is a license to print money, James Gunn and Kevin Feige!

Part of me is sure that Feige and Gunn would be the two guys that would say "Fuck it" and give it a shot.  The stoppage is the Mouse and Discovery.  

I mean, Speilberg managed to bring both of those sides to the table twice and pulled it off, but those were different regimes.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I agree with the thought that it's been known for awhile that everything was building towards a Crisis movie when I think Matt Reeves himself said that The Batman would be separate from any other DC stuff, literally nothing has built towards a Crisis movie, and prior to this, when there were actual plans for the future, it looked like Justice League was building more towards some kind of Injustice type bullshit. Jim Lee may have done some artwork for it, but it doesn't mean it was ever seriously considered. 

• Like 1

Kind of fine with Patty Jenkins not doing a WW3. Still wish one was happening with a different director.

If the Batman Beyond rumor stuff is true then I'm disappointed. Actually I am anyways as it should just be a thing in general.

I don't recall any Crisis talk beyond Miller's Flash movie seemingly being a thing to set up the next iteration of DC movieverse.

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm not sure I agree with the thought that it's been known for awhile that everything was building towards a Crisis movie when I think Matt Reeves himself said that The Batman would be separate from any other DC stuff, literally nothing has built towards a Crisis movie, and prior to this, when there were actual plans for the future, it looked like Justice League was building more towards some kind of Injustice type bullshit. Jim Lee may have done some artwork for it, but it doesn't mean it was ever seriously considered. 

Scoopers have been talking about it for ages. 

Spoiler

The Flash was supposed to be the start of this. Multiverse.

Edited by Ligerbusa