DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Flash footage recap at CinemaCon:

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing Michael Keaton back as Bruce Wayne/Batman is a big deal to me. Watching Batman '66, Batman '89, Batman Returns and Batman: The Animated Series as a child made me the lifelong Batman fan I am today. Thanks to my parents letting me see Batman '89 and Batman Returns before I should. Shame Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash sucks, said that long before his law run ins.

On that:

Spoiler

I LOL'd. Can't lie.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Flash footage recap at CinemaCon:

Hide contents

Seeing Michael Keaton back as Bruce Wayne/Batman is a big deal to me. Watching Batman '66, Batman '89, Batman Returns and Batman: The Animated Series as a child made me the lifelong Batman fan I am today. Thanks to my parents letting me see Batman '89 and Batman Returns before I should. Shame Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash sucks, said that long before his law run ins.

It's a shame *they* suck, and it's too late/costly to replace them.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If he's a heel,okay then. 

Well, the character has traditionally been a Shazam & Hawkman villain. So, I'm guessing his alliances may change as the movie progresses.    

• Like 1

Shazam! Fury of the Gods has been delayed a week and will now release on Dec 21, 2022

Basically it was moved back a week as to not go directly against Avatar 2

• 3 weeks later...

No one wants Miles Teller to be Mr. Fantastic again so give him stretchy powers again and pitch him a Plastic Man movie.  His oblong, punchable face and wavy hair would be perfect for those goggles.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I just learned 50 year old Jennifer Connelly is the love interest in that movie.

Yes, for 59 year old Tom Cruse.  It was in the original trailers from like, 3 years ago.

Not that anyone would really turn down any year old Connelly.

• Like 6

Just now, Raziel said:

Yes, for 59 year old Tom Cruse.  It was in the original trailers from like, 3 years ago.

Not that anyone would really turn down any year old Connelly.

Since I haven't watched any of the trailers, it was a surprise to me. And yes, middle aged Jennifer Connelly is still in the "settle down" category. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ezra-miller-the-flash-1235277665/

The headline is "Why Ezra Miller Won't Be Replaced"

Those eyebrow-raising events have led to speculation about Warner Bros.’ plans for the blockbuster-hopeful, which serves as the first solo film for Barry Allen, a.k.a. the Scarlet Speedster, a.k.a. the Flash. Would the studio actually replace Miller with another actor? Will it jettison the film to HBO Max in an attempt to limit potentially negative fanfare that could accompany a theatrical release? Or will Warner Bros. keep the movie in theaters on June 23, 2023 as planned?

Barring unforeseen developments, sources say, Warners is barreling ahead with intention to give the superhero film the full blockbuster treatment. “The Flash” simply cost too much money to scrap the project entirely and it likely will not generate the revenues needed to turn a profit without playing in theaters. For option three to happen without triggering a major backlash, Miller would need to be on their best behavior. And that’s a big question, because so far Miller has been dogged by one controversy after another, leaving collaborators concerned about the actor’s welfare.

Compounding matters, news broke on Wednesday that veteran film executives Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy are replacing Toby Emmerich as chairs of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group. Though the quality of the comic book film franchise has improved under DC chief Walter Hamada’s tenure, any leadership changes at a studio puts the previous regime’s movie slate in limbo. And with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslov keeping a tight grip on cost controls at the company, the marketing spend for a title as big as “The Flash” remains a question.

-----------

With “The Flash,” insiders say it would not be possible to replace Miller without reshooting the entire movie. They are in just about every scene, and there is not enough digital technology in existence to configure that magic without going back to square one. And redoing the entire film is not a realistic proposition for any movie — much less one that wrapped production months ago and already cost hundreds of millions.

Just like with Heard there was never really a question on replacing Miller this late in. Far too much of the movie is shot already. Besides with it being so multiverse focused they can easily replace him at the end or in another movie. Really though unless Flash is a major success I don't think Miller's version was ever in line for a sequel. Even before the dude broke down most didn't like his version of the character.

2 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Please stop making me defend Ezra Miller.  They're non-binary and only use They/them pronouns, so not a he/him/his or a "dude"

Somehow this is the first time I ever heard this. Never realized, sorry.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Please stop making me defend Ezra Miller.  They're non-binary and only use They/them pronouns, so not a he/him/his or a "dude"

Really wish we could come up with a different pronoun to represent this. It just feels wrong to the grammar part of my brain to use a plural pronoun to denote a singular human being. I understand and have no issue with someone being non-binary. But the verbiage just sounds off to use they / them.

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Really wish we could come up with a different pronoun to represent this. It just feels wrong to the grammar part of my brain to use a plural pronoun to denote a singular human being. I understand and have no issue with someone being non-binary. But the verbiage just sounds off to use they / them.

It's all a personal choice for an individual, but there have been some who use  Xe/Xem/Xey  or Ze/Zir to make this distinction.  

It's also been around as a singular pronoun since at least 1375, and "grammatically correct" in most modern dictionaries since the mid -1990s, after having fallen from use in the 1920s

Eta: Ezra also goes by its/zir, but I wanted to keep it simple at 3am.

Edited by Bustronaut
  • Like 6

It can cause confusion though. There was a musician who died last year who went by "they" and also used a one word moniker for their stage name. I'd never heard of them and can't remember their name now or the actual cause of death, but let's say it was something like "Blam". I was half listening to the radio in the car when the DJ mentioned "Blam died earlier this morning in Miami. They were reportedly drinking heavily at a party and fell over a 10 storey balcony." and I'm thinking "what, the whole band?!"

• Like 2