DVDVR Message Board

2022 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I could not escape those commercials when Raw was on Spike TV. It felt like they were on every ad break. 

Now Ephedra free!!

• Like 1

South African actress Busi Lurayi (How to Ruin Christmas movies, Wild at Heart) has passed away suddenly. She was in her mid-30s.

No cause of death has been announced yet

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

South African actress Busi Lurayi (How to Ruin Christmas movies, Wild at Heart) has passed away suddenly. She was in her mid-30s.

How To Ruin Christmas aka Crazy Rich Africans was totally great.  I thought I would hate it when my daughter made me watch it with her in exchange for binging Witcher S2 (which sucked), but I did not.  My daughter made the wiser entertainment call.

RIP, Busi Lurayi.

Edited by J.T.

Paulie is a character study in how a man "in the life" is really solitary figure. After Tony he and Christopher are the ones we see the most of their day to day lives. Paulie lives the life but his personality is complicated and moves up based on the fact everyone around him died. If Tony did die at the end, that makes Paulie acting Boss if he wants it. He puts it best to Christopher  that he's a survivor. In this casenot necessarily the fittest, but a survivor nonetheless.

Sirico was amazing at playing what should be a most unlikable character but giving him a goofy charm who could drop that and be the most dangerous asshole in New Jersey

James

Tony died. He would have been boss, probably. But given his personality and lack of earning skills he probably would have been totally under New York's thumb. 

My big Sopranos fantasy booking is what would Anthony had done if he'd witnessed his dad's murder in front of his mother and sister... and even, in fact, if they'd all have been murdered too. 

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Tony died. He would have been boss, probably. But given his personality and lack of earning skills he probably would have been totally under New York's thumb. 

My big Sopranos fantasy booking is what would Anthony had done if he'd witnessed his dad's murder in front of his mother and sister... and even, in fact, if they'd all have been murdered too. 

Paulie wouldn’t have been boss, first I don’t think he’d want the job and whatever was left of the other crews wouldn’t have wanted Paulie as boss. If it was a captain getting bumped up to boss then it would have most likely been Larry Boy Barese as boss in name only since he was in jail awaiting trial, Allie Boy Barese would have been acting boss. Patsy Parisi was still just a soldier when the show ended so the only way he ends up boss is if new Lupertazzi boss Butchie DeConcini gets the other New York families to back him. Eventually Benny Fazio would end up the boss of North Jersey. 

AJ wouldn’t have done anything, he would have been traumatized and gone in and out of mental health facilities for the rest of his life. I can seen Carm getting as far way from North Jersey as possible, she ends up in Arizona or New Mexico. Not sure about Meadow. They wouldn’t have murdered any of the family, if Tony was whacked that night it was done in front of the family as payback for Phil being whacked in front of his wife and grandkids. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Oh no.

If you've never seen Time After Time go out of your way to watch it, Warner is amazing in it, one of the best villain roles you'll ever see. Same with the Star Trek TNG Episode Chain of Command II aka "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS" which is up there with City on the Edge of Forever as the best episode of any Star Trek, Warner and Patrick Stewart knock it out of the park.

• Like 3

Jack the Ripper praising the amorality of the modern world in Time After Time is the fucking best.  The villain's monologue that obviously inspired the Joker's "I'm not a monster.  I'm just ahead of the curve," monologue from The Dark Knight.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1