DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Basically that. Phase 4 was meant to slow everything down a ton and evaluate the effects Thanos and the reverse snap had on the world/universe while also starting to setup the multiverse. I think people got so used to everything that happened in Phase 3 that they expected more of the same with Phase 4, which is nearly impossible to pull off. You had to dial everything back a notch, introduce new characters, see who and what worked the best, and use that information to move forward.

• Like 2

Phase 4 was also more akin to Phase 1 in introducing new characters/the new status quo without hinting as much towards the big bad.

As for the news of reevaluating things, it seems with Iger coming in, Disney may have finally hit the “why are we paying so much for this new content that isn’t actually increasing subscribers” phase of streaming services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Phase 4 was also more akin to Phase 1 in introducing new characters/the new status quo without hinting as much towards the big bad.

As for the news of reevaluating things, it seems with Iger coming in, Disney may have finally hit the “why are we paying so much for this new content that isn’t actually increasing subscribers” phase of streaming services.

We’ve been in an age where there’s something to watch every night and almost anything can get made and that’s been ending lately. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

We’ve been in an age where there’s something to watch every night and almost anything can get made and that’s been ending lately. 

Subscription-based streaming is not a great profit model and companies are starting to realize it.  WWE was ahead of the curve in that respect by realizing they could profit more by selling their content to someone else rather than have all the costs of running your own network and developing new content. Once a service hits its peak subscriber base, paying to develop anything new is essentially a loss, as you won’t get new subscribers and in the best case, you’re spending more just to keep existing subs constant.  It was only a matter of time before Disney realized this.

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Consider the source and all, but... eh, might be worth a mention, especially that Bob Iger is back in charge

11 hours ago, Log said:

Phase 4 had a direction?

Phase 4 is the worst. Spider-Man: No Way Home was the only great movie. Really liked Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings mainly for Wenwu. Black Widow was so disappointing. One of the most disappointing MCU Movies. Eternals doesn't deserve to be the lowest rated on Rotten Tomatoes when The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World exist. I expected more from Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Thor: Love and Thunder. That's the thing about expectations. I'll wait to see Black Panther: Wakanda Forever on Disney+.

I liked WandaVision, Loki and What...If? The other shows I've watched one or two episodes only.

I do feel Phase 4 is too bloated and would prefer less is more.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

4. Phase 4. Fitting that. Best thing from it film wise is Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). Really liked Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021). Black Widow (2021) was so disappointing.

3. Phase 2. Best film in the MCU, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). Thor: The Dark World is one of the worst. Really disappointed with Iron Man 3 (2013) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).

2. Phase 1. Highlights are Iron Man (2008), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Avengers Assemble (2012) as it was called in the UK when released. The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Iron Man 2 (2010) are the lowlights.

1. Phase 3. The only choice for top spot. Highlights are Captain America: Civil War (2016), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019). Only films I didn't like are Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) and Captain Marvel (2019).

Edited by The Natural

17 hours ago, Ace said:

Put some respect on Spinneret's & Spiderling's  names!

I read all the issues and I still get them mixed up.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Pretty sure that’s Insomniac Miles Morales with Insomniac Peter Parker, too.

Also the Bombastic Bag-Man. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was Insomniac Miles Morales so stopped short. Spotted the Bombastic Bag-Man.

FkbyxdjUcAISvMz?format=jpg&name=900x900

I made a Facebook post in the Keep 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' Alive! Facebook group saying how much I love The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009) and when I think of Spider-Man, it's TSSM, Stan Lee/Steve Ditko on The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018). Victor Cook, one of the key people behind the show liked my post. I couldn't believe it. Victor. Cook. This happened a few weeks ago but meant to tell you sooner.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, The Natural said:

Please, please, please give me the Spectacular Spider-Man especially as said show turns 15 next year.

The Spectacular Spider-Man will be appearing in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023)! What an early Christmas present!

Fkbxa6dXgAAR9Wf?format=jpg&name=900x900

What great news to wake up to after a day of hell yesterday.

• Like 1

So if you believe leakers, this shit will happen in Thunderbolts. I’m taking it with a huge grain of salt, though.

Spoiler

Sentry is on the team, and loses his mind through the film and becomes the villain eventually (Suicide Squad 2016 much?). They’re also going to Genosha in search of adamantium at the behest of Val and the US government. Did I mention Genosha is actually Tiamut, from the Eternals? It’s been made into an island home for mutants.

I like reading “spoilers” because more often than not it’s just crazy fan booking that won’t happen. But the last half of that seems plausible at least.

• Like 2

I don't know what's more bananas, that or

Spoiler

Sacha Baron Cohen as Mephisto in Ironheart 

But of course we also have seen that leaks for earlier drafts of Multiverse Of Madness and No Way Home were probably real, but shit got canned for rewrites and reshoots so 🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻