DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Might be fun, best Marvel movie each year since 2011. My go:

2011. Captain America: The First Avenger.

2012. Avengers Assemble.

2013. The Wolverine.

2014. Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

2015. Ant-Man. This'll be a controversial choice.

2016. Captain America: Civil War.

2017: Logan.

2018. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Any other year, it would be Avengers: Infinity War.

2019. Avengers: Endgame.

2020. I'll just leave as I can't be giving it to The New Mutants.

2021. Spider-Man: No Way Home.

2022. Thor: Love and Thunder.

Edited by The Natural

2 minutes of the D23 trailer for Quantumania leaked yesterday.

Kang is scary as fuck in this, holy shit. And there are two roles that I didn't expect them to show (and I won't mention here) - I kind of doubt they'll be in the official trailer when that comes out, but maybe they will?

Pretty much the only chunk of actual dialogue from a scene, that's not just short snippets, is in the last minute. And it's badass, and chilling, and... yeah I'm excited. I loved the other two movies so I expect I'll love this one too. The aforementioned dialogue is...

Spoiler

Ant-Man: You made a big mistake. I'm an Avenger.

Kang: You're an Avenger... have I killed you before?

Ant-Man: What?

Kang: They all... blur together after a while.

Ant-Man: Who are you?!

Kang: Just a man... who has lost a lot of time. Like you.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen it officially confirmed yet, but apparently, Tom Holland will break the 3 Film term limit.  

Spider-Man 4 is supposedly set for release on 12 July 2024.  

Supposedly it will be more "street level" (which instantly leads to the words: Daredevil and Kingpin).   (Hoping Ben Affleck can clear his schedule for this.) 

Today was delay day

Deadpool 3 pushed back 2 months to Nov 8, 2024 (was Sept 6, 2024)

Blade is now in that Sept 6th date

Avengers: Secret Wars has been delayed till May 1, 2026 (was Nov 7, 2025)

An untitled Marvel movie that was scheduled for Feb 14, 2025 is now going into that Nov 7th date

And the untitled Marvel movie that was scheduled for the May 1st date has been completely removed

EDIT - Whoops forgot to include Fantastic Four

That was in the Nov 8th date that Deadpool 3 took. Fantastic Four is now releasing on the Valentine's Day 2025 date

• Like 1

Makes sense splitting Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (2025) and Avengers: Secret Wars (2026) up. The former stays while the latter moves. Surprised that wasn't done when announced. Both Jo in Avengers Assemble (2012), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019). Marvel Studios must still be relived Avengers: Endgame came out that year resolving the cliffhanger of Avengers: Infinity War before the coronavirus pandemic really took off in 2020.

Edited by The Natural

From comicbook.com:

• 6th September 2024 - Blade.
  • 8th November 2024 - Deadpool 3.
  • 14th February 2025 - Fantastic Four.
  • 2nd May 2025 - Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.
  • 25th July 2025 - Untitled.
  • 7th November 2025 - Untitled.
  • 13th February 2026 - Untitled.
  • 1st May 2026 - Avengers: Secret Wars
  • 24th July 2026 - Untitled.
  • 7th November 2026 - Untitled.

Guessing the three films between both Avengers films are Shang-Chi 2, Doctor Strange 3 and Spider-Man 4. Maybe one gets switched for Armour Wars unless Armour Wars is one of the 2026 films. Black Panther 3 will be the other. Need to insert X-Men also.

Edited by The Natural

Blade, to me, is still the most needless and pointless movie in this whole slate. It's also the movie that I'll go out on a limb and say won't actually happen. I would almost be fine with Blade popping up in another movie, but it feels like it's just going to keep getting delayed more and more and by the time it comes out in 2030 (joking, kinda) Mahershala Ali is going to be nearly 60. 

On the other hand, he, like Paul Rudd, doesn't seem to age so maybe age won't matter.

At least with Blade, I understand what they're wanting to do. You've already got a handful of people introduced in the MCU that have been on the Midnight Sons at one point or another, and they probably want Dane Whitman to be a part of that somehow too. It's introducing a new corner of the universe.

But, Armor Wars is one of those things where it doesn't need to be a movie, or TV show. That feels like something that should have been done years ago, not in a post-Endgame MCU. It's like they realized they left Rhodey alive and needed to utilize Don Cheadle finally because he's fantastic at what he does. But I'm struggling to really care.

• Like 3

I feel that Blade will eventually happen since Marvel Monsterverse is becoming a thing, but I am struggling to give a shit about it.  The longer it takes to get this to the screen, the less I care.  The greatness of Werewolf By Night went a long way to getting my love for Blade back on track while Morbius nearly ruined it.

Armor Wars was the logical progression after Iron Man 2, but the studio went with the Mandarin abortion in Iron Man 3 rather than give Justin Hammer one more opportunity to twirl his moustache in a full-blown Armor Wars finale.  I'm happy that Don Chedle will get a lead, but I really don't care about an Armor Wars story in this stage of the timeline.  Avengers need to pass the world saving torch to the Fantastic Four.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I'm actually pretty hyped for Armor Wars.  I think the question of what happens when the guy who has been safeguarding dangerous, world-changing technology dies is an interesting one to explore.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I'm actually pretty hyped for Armor Wars.  I think the question of what happens when the guy who has been safeguarding dangerous, world-changing technology dies is an interesting one to explore.

Marvel's already established that it's bequeathed in the form of eyewear to an emotionally-needy and easily-manipulated high schooler. 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Marvel's already established that it's bequeathed in the form of eyewear to an emotionally-needy and easily-manipulated high schooler. 

And Dr Strange was willing to break the whole universe to get his friends into college, don't underestimate those puppy dog eyes.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

20somethings at MIT start building their own suits, obviously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

For a season, I thought you meant Riri Williams.

I didn't have K.E.V.I.N. replacing William Hurt with Harrison Ford, but supposedly here we are.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mcu-thunderbolt-ross-reportedly-recast-with-harrison-ford

Guess that answers my "How do you do Thunderbolts without Ross?" question.  Answer is you don't.

Edited by Raziel

Have to be honest, I've never really been into the idea of Ali as Blade so it hasn't really excited me all that much. Its something I also find myself rather seeing as a D+ series opposed to a movie.

Armor Wars I dig the idea of though it's another I think is better explored as a series. I also agree it's something they could and probably should have done post Iron Man 2, but I also think it works in a post Endgame story after Tony's death since its about his legacy. That said, the time to hit also should have been the last two years post Endgame opposed to whenever it finally releases now.

• Like 2

We shoulda got Grey Worm to play Blade..  He is doing a fine job carrying Interview With a Vampire on his back and he's already done the swordfigting thing.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Harrison Ford is going to replace William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross in the next Captain America.

I'm excited to find out exactly how disinterested a performance he can give while still collecting a check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Harrison Ford is going to replace William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross in the next Captain America.

I'm excited to find out exactly how disinterested a performance he can give while still collecting a check.

Imagine if they have Harrison Ford be Red Hulk.

• Haha 1