DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Unless Wakanda Forever is about Shuri teaming up with a multiverse Killmonger to fix T’Challa’s fuck ups, I don’t really care. Only an absolute chump would hand over that technology to the West in the MCU (or in real life of course.) I wonder if that one community center he built ended all inequality.

Casting Doom would be almost identical to casting Darth Vader.   A commanding voice is the most important thing and any stunt guy could be inside the armor handling the physicality.   If Mads Mikkelson hadn't already been the bad guy in Dr. Strange, he'd be my pick to be Doom's voice. 

I'd have to sit down and think about who my front runners would be.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

I presume you need a big A lister and you wonder how small that list is once you also excluse people already been in an MCU movie. 

Fiennes would seem the obvious choice, but too obvious? 

Fassbender would have been a great choice if he wasn't already identified with a non MCU marvel character. 

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Since Viggo Mortensen appears to be acting again, or maybe he's just working again to do another Cronenberg movie, he also wouldn't be a bad choice.

He's also starring in a Ron Howard flick about the Thai cave rescue that's in post-production, so not just one Cronenberg followed by an immediate two year break. 

We’re watching Shang Chi with the kids again, and we keep having to explain to my daughter that he and Awkwafina are just friends. She isn’t having it, she ships. This is what happens when Hollywood’s heterosexuals constantly push their insidious agenda in family fare.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

I am dumb.   If Feige sticks to the comics, Nakia cannot become the new Black Panther as she eventually betrays the throne and becomes Malice / The Once Beloved One and she would make for excellent final boss materiel in BP3 should Marvel powers-that-be decide to put the mask on shitty Letitia Wright / Shuri.  I think it would be interesting if Lupita Nyong'o played another heavy.

I am hoping that they go with Nekra if there ever is a BP3.  Just Nekra, thanks.  We will try our best to forget that her known associates, The Mandrill, The racist Grim Reaper, and ridiculous voodoo villain, The Black Talon, ever existed.

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

Casting Doom would be almost identical to casting Darth Vader.   A commanding voice is the most important thing and any stunt guy could be inside the armor handling the physicality.   If Mads Mikkelson hadn't already been the bad guy in Dr. Strange, he'd be my pick to be Doom's voice. 

I'd have to sit down and think about who my front runners would be.

I'd still use Mads Mikkelson for Doctor Doom. Mikkelson wears Doctor Doom's iron mask and you can hide him under prosthetics when you see the scarred visage.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Milan Ray (The Wonder Years, Modern Love) has been added to the cast of Blade along with Delroy Lindo.  There is no character information, but overanalyzing geeks assume that Ray will play Fallon Grey, the estranged daughter of Eric Brooks / Blade.

There is currently no release date for Blade.  Stacy Osei-Kuffour (HBO's Watchmen mini-series) will write the script and Bassam Tariq (Mogul Mowgli) will direct.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 5:09 PM, RIPPA said:

Julius Onah (Cloverfield Paradox, Luce) has been named the director of Captain America 4.

Luce was really good.  Cloverfield Paradox not so much, but I blame JJ Abrams and his garbled mythology.

I am very interested in finding out who the bad guy will be.  Hopefully the rumors of Sin / Mother Superior will turn out to be true.  A disillusioned US Agent becoming the unwitting lackey of the daughter of the Red Skull would make perfect sense.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

That suit on the t-shirt is probably Riri's prototype armor.  It will get sleeker in future incarnations like Tony's did.

Also it does not appear that Namor will be the villain in BP2.

Spoiler

It will be Namor's rival, Warlord Attuma.  Namor will probably start off as a heavy and then join the good guys after he is sold out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1