DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Gorr looks more... sinister and gross in some shots, and others he just looks like a bald, very white guy (but still menacing). I wonder if that sword is really the All-Black and it corrupts him or something. We all know how MCU likes to twist existing stories into something that fits their movie(s). It'd be kind of disappointing if Gorr is just using a normal sword. But I fully expect Sony to own the rights to the All-Black because of fuckin' course they do.

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

I wonder if that sword is really the All-Black and it corrupts him or something. We all know how MCU likes to twist existing stories into something that fits their movie(s). It'd be kind of disappointing if Gorr is just using a normal sword.

Connect it to Dane Whitman then.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Gorr looks more... sinister and gross in some shots, and others he just looks like a bald, very white guy (but still menacing). I wonder if that sword is really the All-Black and it corrupts him or something. We all know how MCU likes to twist existing stories into something that fits their movie(s). It'd be kind of disappointing if Gorr is just using a normal sword. But I fully expect Sony to own the rights to the All-Black because of fuckin' course they do.

Not sure why they wouldn't go with the All-Black. Besides the sword didn't corrupt Gorr per say despite its abilities. Abuse of his people and world by their gods for years did that. The All-Black just gave him the power to manifest his rage.

Not sure why Sony would own All-Black. Even with the symbiote connections its tied the regular Marvel universe having debuted in Thor first. It also wouldn't be in Sony's interest to fight Marvel about it either as it there are no stories already there for them to mine. 

And I'm glad Bale got the make-up look rather than being another CGI villain.  Gorr is a good villain for Thor, but I'm pretty certain for this movie to have any kind of stakes and/or make Gorr look like a real threat to Thor, Natalie Portman or Tessa Thompson is going to bite the bullet.  

I'd be surprised if any of them bite it. Seems like we will already have plenty of gods around for Gorr to kill, and they can't really go to the level they did in the comics with Gorr anyways. The fact that it is as short as it is already somewhat hints to it likely not being the level of heaviness we got in the comics.

Edited by Eivion

Valkyrie would be the logical candidate, except for the external/real world protests of killing off an LGBT character. I don't know if killing any of the Warriors Three moves the emotional needle. I guess you could kill Sif, esp if they do put Thor and Jane back as a couple. 

Of course, you could pull a Marion Crane and actually kill Thor. 

Edited by odessasteps

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Valkyrie would be the logical candidate, except for the external/real world protests of killing off an LGBT character. I don't know if killing any of the Warriors Three moves the emotional needle. I guess you could kill Sif, esp if they do put Thor and Jane back as a couple. 

Hela already killed all three of the Warriors Three.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

Hela already killed all three of the Warriors Three.

The fast that Odessa apparently forgot illustrates my only real beef with Thor Ragnarok: those deaths weren't done well. They should have had the Warriors Three fighting alongside Thor in the opening scene to remind viewers that these are characters they should care about, at least a little. As was, I suspect the deaths meant nothing to most of the audience. She may as well have been killing mooks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think Hemsworth is confimed for the next GOTG movie so that's probably off the table.

Aww, shit, they're going to kill Sif, aren't they?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Wait why do people keep saying Christian Bale is in the new Thor movie when I keep seeing William Sadler as Death from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey in all the trailers?

I don't know, but my enthusiasm for this movie just increased significantly.

• Like 1

Well the internet has memed Morbius back into the theater

It is being added to a 1000 theaters this weekend (it only aired on 83 screens last week)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well the internet has memed Morbius back into the theater

It is being added to a 1000 theaters this weekend (it only aired on 83 screens last week)

It made $85K yesterday because weirdly enough becoming a meme for being terrible didn't make people want to see the movie.

E: lmao

Edited by Zimbra
  • Haha 3

It should’ve been a thing like Once Upon a Deadpool where they get Willem Defoe in a cheap Dracula costume for a wraparound intro/outro. Then they dub everyone’s voices like Kung Pow. Call it Morbius Too. 

• Like 1