DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Thor: Love and Thunder teaser trailer played before Doctor Strange in the Mutiverse of Madness yesterday. Great seeing it on the big screen. By far the MCU movie I want to see the most this year. Speaking of said film, the first still of Thor and the Mighty Thor:

FSJgd5kXEAISRrm?format=jpg&name=small

Close up:

193631.jpg

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Team Cap trending on Twitter for this tweet:

Bonus:

Agreed. I think Captain America: Civil War (2016) is second only to Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) out of the 28 Marvel Studios films set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

O.M.G.

That shitty movie did not deserve Matt Smith chewing on scenery like a champion.  He carried that miserable film on his back across the finish line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That shitty movie did not deserve Matt Smith chewing on scenery like a champion.  He carried that miserable film on his back across the finish line.

Your Morbius review and the others say Matt Smith is the lone highlight. I like Matt Smith but not sure enough to watch Morbius with Jared Lego in even though I love my comic book movies.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

So, the censors at Disney+ edited out the anti-white racial slur in the dialogue of the Marvel One Shot, All Hail the King, before posting it to the streaming queue.

When Trevor is threatened by the Aryan Brotherhood dude in the cafeteria scene, you can hear Trevor's African American inmate bodyguard yell, "Hey, cracker! Wassup?" as he comes to Trevor's defense.

While I applaud the rationale of Disney not tolerating any racial slurs of any sort, I still say, "C'mon, dudes.  They're in a fucking prison.  Inappropriate dialogue is to be expected.  Is 'cracker' the worst thing said in that short film?  No, it is not."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Freedom is Disney having to edit out cracker so a white teenager in Peoria raised by replacement theory psychos doesn’t spend a day hiding under a thunder blanket after watching a Marvel short. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Freedom is Disney having to edit out cracker so a white teenager in Peoria raised by replacement theory psychos doesn’t spend a day hiding under a thunder blanket after watching a Marvel short. 

Why does he have to be from Peoria, my homie.  Why can't he be from, say, Billings or Kenosha?

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why does he have to be from Peoria, my homie.  Why can't he be from, say, Billings or Kenosha?

As a Coastal Elite who doesn’t even know all of the towns in their own county, I went for the lowest of hanging fruits. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

As a Coastal Elite who doesn’t even know all of the towns in their own county, I went for the lowest of hanging fruits. 

I also do not trust anyone who has to drive more than two hours from their home to see a major body of water.  Preferably an ocean.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

So, the censors at Disney+ edited out the anti-white racial slur in the dialogue of the Marvel One Shot, All Hail the King, before posting it to the streaming queue.

When Trevor is threatened by the Aryan Brotherhood dude in the cafeteria scene, you can hear Trevor's African American inmate bodyguard yell, "Hey, cracker! Wassup?" as he comes to Trevor's defense.

While I applaud the rationale of Disney not tolerating any racial slurs of any sort, I still say, "C'mon, dudes.  They're in a fucking prison.  Inappropriate dialogue is to be expected.  Is 'cracker' the worst thing said in that short film?  No, it is not."

Huh, this must've just happened because we watched that a week ago after watching Shang Chi and "cracker" was absolutely still said ?

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, J.T. said:

I also do not trust anyone who has to drive more than two hours from their home to see a major body of water.  Preferably an ocean.

The Mississippi River counts, right?

the new Thor's runtime is reportedly 115 minutes, making it one of the shortest of the Marvel movies (Thor 2 and Incredible Hulk were both 112).

Edited by twiztor
  • Sad 1

According to scooper Daniel Richtman - who tends to be spot on with trailer release dates - the next Thor: Love and Thunder trailer will be with us in just a few days' time on Monday, May 23

tenor.gif?itemid=8373289

Has to be our first live action look at Gorr the God Butcher.

Edited by The Natural