DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Movie is going to make a ton of money, a ton, but if they don’t shut the door hard on the Multiverse after this, we’ll look back on it as a negative turning point. I think delving deeper into a version of Hickman’s Secret Wars is a mistake.

Do we actually see more of it outside of bringing in F4 and mutants? This might even be used just for those.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) Super Bowl spot. We've had a long wait for a Doctor Strange sequel to his own film back in 2016, six years. Looks like the wait was worth it.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm thinking Thor: Love and Thunder Teaser Trailer comes out in March and the Official Trailer in May.

The movie coming out two days after the two month mark from Multiverse of Madness, I think you'll get a proper trailer prior to that.

I'm pretty bored with the MCU at the moment, but had an audible reaction to Strange in cuffs being guided by the robots. I'm at least considering seeing it in a cinema. Considering where I'm at with this franchise, I'd call the trailer a win. 

I'll co-sign anything above that resembles misgivings about the multiverse and the seemingly endless cameos to come. 

Any misgivings aside, it will make all the money. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

Just for funsies, some thoughts on who could make cameo appearances in Multiverse of Madness...

Spoiler

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine - maybe Logan was supposed to be his final say on the character, but he's always expressed interest in playing Wolvie in the MCU at least once. This gives him the chance. I'd honestly be shocked if he's not in it.

Ian McKellen as Magneto - I don't know about his health, but it seems his buddy Patrick is doing it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up as well.

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique - not a chance. Rebecca Romign would be cool tho...

Thomas Jane as The Punisher - the guy wanted to play the role again so badly that he made a short film. If they asked him, I'm pretty sure he'd do it.

Anyone from any FF film - No. Just no.

Eric Bana as The Hulk - I mean, Hulk shows up for a scene, transforms back to human, and it's Bana instead of Ruffalo is a cool idea, although there's not much past that.

Wesley Snipes as Blade - I don't know if he'd do it, the Blade movies apparently having been a bad time in his life and all. If he did it would be awesome.

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool - I mean, this one pretty much has to happen, doesn't it?

In regards to the above... I'll spoiler it just in case it turns out to be true. Also speculation about possible cameos in here.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Supposedly, yeah, that's either Superior Iron Man (Tom Cruise) with 3 infinity stones - and it fits with the Ultron bots - but it could also be a variant of Captain Marvel. More specifically, Maria Rambeau (Lashana Lynch). The only other cameos (besides maybe super quick ones, like a possible pop-in to Deadpool's universe) would be Captain Carter and the introduction of Balder the Brave (maybe Bruce Campbell)

There's brightened images of the Illuminati scene where you can KIND OF make out a F4 emblem on someone's chest, which further fuels the fire of Ilon Gruffudd making a cameo as Reed Richards. I'm also still clutching to the idea that this is Xavier from the animated series. It just lines up with too much from leaked pre-vis art - Professor X in the hoverchair with a handcuffed Strange with Ultron bots.

If you trust leakers like MyTimeToShineHello, this movie won't have an incredible amount of multiversal cameos. Just one section of the movie that's already in the trailer, really. But there's also that scene in the trailer, where Strange & America are falling through portals - you get a few glimpses of realities they're falling through, like one with dinosaurs (Savage Land???) and a super quick glimpse of a possible animated world.

Edited by Casey

On 2/15/2022 at 9:50 AM, The Comedian said:

Honestly though the biggest cameo pop they could get from me would be

Reveal hidden contents

George Lucas' Howard the Duck movie made The Matrix possible - Polygon

Spoiler

We already know Howard exists!  He escaped from The Collector's menagerie along with Cosmo after the Power Stone blew up the emporium in GoTG1.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We already know Howard exists!  He escaped from The Collector's menagerie along with Cosmo after the Power Stone blew up the emporium in GoTG1.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:59 PM, The Natural said:

Reveal hidden contents

Back from Guardians of the Galaxy post-credits scene.

Great minds think alike so the saying goes my friend. Love to you and your family. Paul xxx.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Log said:

I think Howard is actually in the big Endgame battle too.

Yep, he's in the boss battle just like in the screen caps.

He also has a cameo in GoTG2 when Ayesha of the Sovereign goes to the Ravager base world to talk to Yondu.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Comedian said:

You are correct Mr. Law.

Also, I would like 80's Lea Thompson. Not in the movie, I would just like 80's Lea Thompson.

Spoiler

back-to-the-future-lea-thompson.gif

I mean, she could definitely be Umar.  

• Like 1