DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

7 hours ago, Casey said:

It's not the first time she's been in hot water over her opinions about COVID protocol. Two years ago she was speaking out on Instagram against social distancing.

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

She was rambling about martial (or, according to her, "Marshall") law in March 2020. Right when things were shutting down hard and most people were at least pretending to take this seriously. So no surprise here. 

Yep. Oh, Evangeline Lilly.

James Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3:

While speaking to Deadline from the set of the Marvel Studios threequel, Gunn confirmed that “this is the end for us, the last time people will see this team of Guardians.”

“It’s big; it’s so, so big and dark, and different from what people might be expecting it to be,” the filmmaker continued. “I just want to be true to the characters, the story and give people the wrap-up that they deserve for the story. That’s always a little bit scary; I’m doing my best.”

"I'm aware that the third film in most trilogies sucks; not always,” he added.

Just think how things would be different if James Gunn wasn't fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 before getting rehired. This film would be out either in 2020 with the three year GOTG cycle or likely delayed to 2021 with the coronavirus pandemic. We'd have missed out on The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker as DC snapped Gunn up. I'm in the minority on the GOTG but it's impressive the popularity of the franchise and how it led to animated series/videogames.

James Gunn's right saying the third film in most trilogies suck. Rarer still is when the third film's the best of the three. See: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Bourne Ultimatum and Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Lilly and Letecia Wright might keep their jobs if they just chilled on social media and kept their wild personal shit to themselves.   The reason Gina Carano got shitcanned is because she was a dumbass out in the open.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Movie is going to make a ton of money, a ton, but if they don’t shut the door hard on the Multiverse after this, we’ll look back on it as a negative turning point. I think delving deeper into a version of Hickman’s Secret Wars is a mistake.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Movie is going to make a ton of money, a ton, but if they don’t shut the door hard on the Multiverse after this, we’ll look back on it as a negative turning point. I think delving deeper into a version of Hickman’s Secret Wars is a mistake.

Teenage me would be sad to learn how overexposed the multiverse concept has become in popular fiction. 

so many cameos on the horizon

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

People are already speculating that

Hide contents

the voice in the middle of the trailer is Patrick Stewart as Xavier.

There shouldn’t be any speculation, that is clearly his voice. And it lines up with leaks, too.

• Like 4