DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Perhaps he's in shape not for cosmetic reasons, but for "filming this movie is going to be physically demanding, so I'd better get myself in shape for it" reasons.

Either that, or he was the one guy not in shape on the Infinity War/ Endgame sets and got jealous, or felt like he didn't fit in.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Perhaps he's in shape not for cosmetic reasons, but for "filming this movie is going to be physically demanding, so I'd better get myself in shape for it" reasons.

Either that, or he was the one guy not in shape on the Infinity War/ Endgame sets and got jealous, or felt like he didn't fit in.

Plus, I’m sure Marvel’s paying for a dietician/trainer so why not?

So I am kinda hoping that the rumors of GoTG3 being Rocket-centric and Chukwudi Iwuji (plays Clemson Murn in HBO Max's Peacekeeper) taking the role of the High Evolutionary will turn out to be true.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

So I am kinda hoping that the rumors of GoTG3 being Rocket-centric and Chukwudi Iwuji (plays Clemson Murn in HBO Max's Peacekeeper) taking the role of the High Evolutionary will turn out to be true.

Ok, Rocket being created by the High Evolutionary sounds like a great story and it makes sense. We better get that Cow Woman who raised Wanda and Pietro, and clearly breast fed both at the same time like lil calves.

On 1/15/2022 at 10:49 AM, AxB said:

And let's not forget that the somatic component of MCU magical spellcasting is like 80% wushu stylings so fitness is key.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Yeah, there was an ad for Bova brand milk in the background of one of the show openings, which if that was supposed to be dug up from her subconscious, means my fellow Johnny could get his wish.

I feel like something that was on in the background of a scene that was on D+ being referenced later in a movie is probably a step too far. I'd just chalk that one up to an easter egg that also serves the plot for eagle eyed viewers.

Like, you're not gonna get a scientist cow. I know we all love Rocket Raccoon, but GOTG within the MCU is kind of made perfectly for him. Wanda is being positioned as an omega level threat, I don't think they're suddenly going to go "hey, here's Wanda's mom's midwife - she was an intelligent humanoid Cow".

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

There's a fun theory going around (and it's just at theory/"Wouldn't it be cool if..") that Wanda's already said "No More Mutants," which would be a pretty nice and clean way to explain why the X-Men aren't there and were never there without leaning too hard on the multiverse.

• Like 1

Was it a well known thing that Age of Ultron was supposed to have Captain Marvel appear in the Avengers Assemble scene at the end?  I just found that out yesterday and comparing the original with a stand-in to the one they ended up using where they digitally removed Wanda and re-added her face on a stunt double in Marvel's place is a fun look at movie magic.

Edited by Technico Support

Sam Raimi said in an interview with Variety that it is possible he might do more reshoots for Dr Strange 2

on Tuesday, Raimi told Variety that while he isn’t 100-percent certain on whether the movie is complete, there is still a chance that they’ll have to go back and film some more.

“I think we’re done, but we just cut everything,” he said. “We’re just starting to test the picture and we’ll find out if there’s anything that’s got to be picked up. If something’s unclear or another improvement I can make in this short amount of time left, I’ll do it. One thing I know about the Marvel team is they won’t stop. They’ll keep pushing it until it’s as close to being great as it could.”

Well, it's not like they needed the Wasp anymore...

FKHy7AjWUAEFluf?format=jpg&name=large

Evangeline Lilly posted on her IG that she was at the anti-vaccine mandate rally on Sunday in Washington, DC.  In that rally, keynote speaker RFK, Jr. compared mandates to the Holocaust.  ? 

• Sad 2