DVDVR Message Board

DC TV (2022)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

The twist at the end was anything but, for me at least.

Yeah, that seemed like a pretty likely reveal for me as well.  

I absolutely shouldn’t be surprised in the slightest, but John Cena’s ability to commit 100% to something completely ridiculous is incredible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still can't believe I see "The Peacemaker" and my brain wants to interpret it as "The Pacemaker"  Maybe by the season finale it will correct itself.  Other than that I really love the show.  John Cena being a dumb white jock is grand and the show's been really fun to watch.

Shifting over to CW all three DC shows have been pretty good since coming back.  Superman and Lois is still my favorite by far but Batwoman is much better since they went down the Poison Ivy and Marquis route.  And good ol' Legends killed me with taking the worst of reality TV and turning it on its head.  And of all episodes this is the one where I think I'm fully on the Behrad train now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I still can't believe I see "The Peacemaker" and my brain wants to interpret it as "The Pacemaker"

You're not the only one. I'm in the same boat. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Yeah, that seemed like a pretty likely reveal for me as well.  

I absolutely shouldn’t be surprised in the slightest, but John Cena’s ability to commit 100% to something completely ridiculous is incredible.

I wonder what 2007 (arbitrary year chosen) John Cena would say about his biggest movie success being so foul mouthed and violent. 

Edited by odessasteps

44 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder what 2007 (arbitrary year chosen) John Cena would say about his biggest movie success being so foul mouthed and violent. 

I don’t know about 2007, but Dr. Of Thuganomics, rappin’ about someone sucking on deez *tosses a bag of nuts to his opponent* would probably be ok with it.

My first memory of Cena was doing some video thing for something called Atom Videos I think. This was before the days of YouTube. He did a super intense and vulgar and funny video on it.

13 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It was one of the best eps of the series. And, once again they drop an Easter Egg reference from an old episode. And once again it's the one I'm about to cover this week on the Legends podcast I do with my pal and Vancouver actor Travis Woloshyn.

( Gideon Guys, available at all the regular podcast suspects.)

Same thing happened with the red button gag this season. This time it's Gary having three nipples. In the season four episode, " Terms Of Service", Gary reveals that after having his nipple bitten off twice, he had the Fairy Godmother give him three. So he has a spare if it happens again. 
Twice now Im gonna have to keep my mouth shut so I don't spoil it for Travis who's watching for the first time. And since we've been doing the show he's had two auditions for Legends, where he read things he couldn't tell me. Probably a total coincidence as he gets a lot of auditions it being Vancouver,  but ya never know. ?

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

God, the Matter-Eater Lad reference and Judomaster being 100% badass.  I think I prefer the James Gunn / DC approach of embracing your shitty superhuman concepts with mirth and humor rather than the Marvel approach of creating a character like Scourge to purge them massive story angle.

Vigilante may be my new favorite fictional white person.

How can something so patently offensive be so hilarious?  So Blazing Saddles could be made today if it was directed by James Gunn?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

Depends on which parts of Blazing Saddles. ?

Ty Templeton posted this on FB

Just found out a character I created ten years ago (in the Metropolis SCU) is appearing in the Superman and Lois show.  I love shared universes.  Didn't see this one coming.  Even got a bonus cheque for it all.  Thanks DC.

I don't get it.

Spoiler

If Murn is a butterfly, why is he the head of a task force targeting butterflies?  Is this an MCU Kree vs. Skrulls thing?  Is Murn an evil butterfly helping the task force kill off the good members of his race who are here to colonize in secret, or is he a good butterfly helping us defend against the evil invasion?

Oh, and:

Spoiler

I hope there is no woke The Best of Enemies bullshit going on where Auggie is ultimately grateful to Song for helping to exonerate him.  Let Auggie continue to be a racist douche railing against the system and let honor be its own reward for Detective Song.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

So, a red Lectroid vs Black Lectroid scenario?

Exactly but we are nerds and probably get your Buckaroo Banzai reference which is why I used spoiler tags as not to give away the payoff for the most recent episodes for those who may be behind.

Edited by J.T.

This week's Legends Of Tomorrow was fantastic. But I wish it hadn't been spoiled that Matt Letscher was returning as Thawne. The reveal was so fucking great, and I wish it had been a surprise. He's the best Thawne, and what's so great is that he's the Legend's Thawne, both as an actor and as the character. This Thawne is the same time echo/ variant/ whatever that was taken by the Black Flash at the end of Season two.

And he played the evil Calvary officer in "Mask Of Zorro", one of the best movie bad guys ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

This week's Legends Of Tomorrow was fantastic. But I wish it hadn't been spoiled that Matt Letscher was returning as Thawne. The reveal was so fucking great, and I wish it had been a surprise. He's the best Thawne, and what's so great is that he's the Legend's Thawne, both as an actor and as the character. This Thawne is the same time echo/ variant/ whatever that was taken by the Black Flash at the end of Season two.

I was not spoiled so I was pleasantly surprised to see him. I like both Thawnes. but he is definitely my preference.

Peacemaker is the best show.  It has just now dawned on me that 

Spoiler

the chimpanzee in Economos's shitty PowerPoint presentation kinda foreshadows that butterfly using Charlie the Gorilla as a host and beating the shit out of team.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1