DVDVR Message Board

January 2022 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

As a true development show it would make sense to have the Orlando-based “AA” and taped before Raw/Smackdown “AAA” hours. With “A” being the non-TV coconut loop.

Despite claiming they would do so - they have yet to resume the coconut loop since ending it when the pandemic started

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've said this before about house shows, but the death of the C-show is another thing from prior eras that has saddened me with it's disappearance. So many of my weekends as a kid were spent with Superstars, Worldwide, Pro, Shotgun, etc. It's nice having the Darks and (now again) the NWA to kind of fill that void a little, but it loses some charm not being syndicated on random local stations.

Shotgun Saturday Night and Jakked were the only wrestling I got on free TV back in the Attitude Era. All the prime shows were on cable which we didn't get until years later.

I'd record the recap shows and borrow older tapes from the video store. Basically everything was a 'stand alone' show for me. Trying to piece together the timeline of who went where was half the fun!

• Like 1

For some reason I think Bret is looking worse in this, than Hogan. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this…

Fuck Bret Hart!

Naaaaah… Just kidding, I don’t give a fuck. 

On further reflection on my Nitro re-watch… “WCW being uncool” doesn’t start until April 28, 1997. “Tradition Bites nWo 4 Life” is the propaganda slogan, with Piper looking like reality slapped him in the face, and then the following week Piper gets comically buried in a banner with that slogan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Oh so now Hogan is against people putting “untested” things into their bodies!

Hey Hulkster how much testing was done on those chewable vitamins that you sold to kids, or your energy drink, or your nutrition line, or all the coke and steroids, brother.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Oh so now Hogan is against people putting “untested” things into their bodies!

Hey Hulkster how much testing was done on those chewable vitamins that you sold to kids, or your energy drink, or your nutrition line, or all the coke and steroids, brother.

Or Pastamania

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Court’s done almost everything to get MLW noticed except whip out a shotgun, and shoot it up into the air in the middle of a crowd. This is a newer take I guess.

If they ran a consistent promotion like GCW does then they’d probably get more attention.

If Pearl Jam couldn't beat Ticketmaster there is no way in hell MLW will beat Mcdevitt.  He will eat them alive. 

Yeah, MLW has a point in that WWE probably did ask Fox, who owns Tubi, to kindly do them a solid and remove MLW from their platform.  Does it rise to the level of something that can get its day in court?  And, if so, can MLW fight that court battle?  This is America.  It's not about who's right.  It's about who has the stomach and the wallet to fight it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stephen New is about as big of a money mark that has ever existed in wrestling. I can guarantee this guy is bank rolling the entire lawsuit. MLW won't have to pay a cent. Makes sense, dude's logo was all over the ring at the last few MLW shows. I will never respect the POS. You can't play the giant fan of wrestling card when you sue one of the boys. Glad he & Cornette got their ass beat in court.