DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Oh that's just Rika being Rika.

TJPW Women do their own way to fill in the blanks where all that small stuff used to be. So sometimes comedy or facetious behavior, etc.

• Like 1

Violence is Forever vs Kings of the District, and Alec Price vs Trish Adora.

Edited by AxB

I don't actually watch ChocoPro because they don't have a ring so I don't have time to watch.  Here, they run a show with a ring and this match is fucking awesome.  Mei Suruga is a submission machine and she is tagging with Haruka Umesaki, who is also really good.  The one I hadn't seen before is Chie Koishikawa and she could be a superstar too.  Koari Yoneyama holds up her end as veteran in with three crazy upstarts.  Several stars!

=============

Amazing Fat Boy, Kodai Nozaki!  HE's BURLY!

================

Travis Banks is living a Sam Peckinpah movie- as he has fled to Mexico and is hiding to escape his past.  Laredo Kid is totally SPECTACULAR.  This has like four of the best topes I've seen this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Cartwheel is more gymnast than wrestler, so this match with Daniel Torch is wacky.

=====================

Baby Star is spectacular and an adorable baby!  Baby Star Jr appears to be Baby Star's father or uncle and is an adorable baby.  It's kind of confusing.  Cerebro Negro is awesome and Cerebro Negro Jr still has the AWESOME Dr Cerebro mask.  

=======================

Mark Trew is a UK indie young upstart.  K M Lane is another UK indie upstart.  This match is very dynamic.  Trew is very effective as a total douche.  WRESTLE FORCE!

Some recent Aussie wrestling. Delta is powerlifter turned wrestler, from the same promotion that trained Rhea Ripley and is very much in the same vein. Cherry is a PWA product which is arguably the biggest promotion in Australia. Two folks who are still very new to wrestling, Cherry debuted at the end of 2019 and Delta in 2020 and this was a match where they went out in front of a crowd that didn't know either and just won the audience over. Cherry is a "student of wrestling" and is constantly trying to get instructions from her textbook, Delta is a surly monster who has little time for these shenanigans. 

Live, this was one of my fave matches of the year so far, nothing super epic but fun character driven wrestling in front of a hot crowd.

17 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

Some recent Aussie wrestling. Delta is powerlifter turned wrestler, from the same promotion that trained Rhea Ripley and is very much in the same vein. Cherry is a PWA product which is arguably the biggest promotion in Australia. Two folks who are still very new to wrestling, Cherry debuted at the end of 2019 and Delta in 2020 and this was a match where they went out in front of a crowd that didn't know either and just won the audience over. Cherry is a "student of wrestling" and is constantly trying to get instructions from her textbook, Delta is a surly monster who has little time for these shenanigans. 

Live, this was one of my fave matches of the year so far, nothing super epic but fun character driven wrestling in front of a hot crowd.

Cherry Stephens is a part of how many trained by Madison Eagles?  It's cool how the Eagles have shaped wrestling in Australia.

Yuu is having a banner year, mostly by tagging with Chihiro Hashimoto.  Leon is a wiley veteran who you NEVER see wrestle because she wrestles in the completely invisible Pure-J.  But this match showed up on YouTube and it's good.  You figured Yuu would beat the hell out of Leon but she doesn't take the match in that direction.  

=======================

Man, Speedball Mike Bailey is all over the place.  I was thinking about Bailey.  He's a highflier who uses strikes to fill out his match.  He's not like Bryan Danielson or Toshiaki Kawada who kick the living fuck out of you.  I guess it's the way he sets up his kicks.  Davey Vega is a guy I've never seen before but he's good.  Bailey is a fucking dynamo.

==========================

Kira Chimera is a bruising bruiser who bruises!  Safire Reed is the one who would be bruised!  BRUISING!  FRANCE beating on BRITAIN!

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

Cherry Stephens is a part of how many trained by Madison Eagles?  It's cool how the Eagles have shaped wrestling in Australia.

The majority of good wrestlers in Sydney over the last 10-15 years have had at least some training from Madison. PWA and their sister fed of Newcastle Pro have produced some absurdly good talents over the years. I'd say between people trained directly or who have spent major time there, Madison has probably had a hand in training 50 good wrestlers in the last 15 years, that might be a bit conservative. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DeadEffect said:

The majority of good wrestlers in Sydney over the last 10-15 years have had at least some training from Madison. PWA and their sister fed of Newcastle Pro have produced some absurdly good talents over the years. I'd say between people trained directly or who have spent major time there, Madison has probably had a hand in training 50 good wrestlers in the last 15 years, that might be a bit conservative. 

Hartley Jackson would be the other prolific trainer in Australia.

• Like 1

Titan vs Niebla Roja from CMLL, April 22, 2022.

Hopefully, it's all synced up for you, if not go to 1:01:32-ish.

Crowd is going bananas for this one.  As great as Titan is here, Niebla Roja is taking everything Titan can give him and heeling it up something fierce, so equal amount of props to him as well.   They really are perfect opponents.  

• Like 2

Satania is usually the second best ruda in the random Bengelee trios matches that show up every other week on YouTube.  Man, put Satania in a singles match and you get a whole new wrestler.  She is a fucking GREAT heel and isn't afraid to whip out a ginormous Top Con Hilo.  Bengelee keeps up and hits the sweet El Hijo del Santo tope by the ringpost.  CONTROVERSIAL FINISH!  This match is GREAT!

==================

I've heard about Beastman for a while.  He signed with MLW and they rescinded the offer- or some other kind of sleazy indie dealings.  Here, I finally get to see him.  In Florida against Florida Man TC Read, who appears to be the Lee Scott/Fuego del Sol/ El Serpentico of the Florida indies.  Read is great.  Beastman is a fun fat boy.

===================

Ninja Mack took NOAH by storm a couple of weeks ago.  Here is his debut match against fellow visiting spot machines, Dragon Bane and Alpha Wolf.  This is edited to SHOWBOAT to lunatic antics of all three.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, Kardo said:

Hartley Jackson would be the other prolific trainer in Australia.

Agreed. He has a massive influence. One of the biggest influences in Aussie wrestling would also be Col Devarney who not only trained Hartley Jackson, Havok, Damian Slater and others, but also has a massive hand in what eventually becomes EPW in Perth. 

• Like 1

Oh my God!  Tam Nakano vs Saya Kamitani is so fucking awesome.  Saya Kamitani might be the best wrestler in the world.  Nakano's VIOLET SCREW DRIVER is so fucking gnarley.  KAIRI versus Starlight Kid is great but they didn't show enough of it.  I've missed her lunatic elbow drop.

====================

Soma Watanabe has his first memorable match and it's in the GLEAT UWF Invades Kyushu Pro thing.  Hitamaru Sasaki is old as dirt but will take a kick directly to the face.  Soma kicks him directly in the face.  It's strange how much HEAT this gets.  Kyushu Pro is SO odd.

======================

One forgets how good Yuna Manase is, mostly because she is the head of the Ganbare women's division and who ever sees any of that?  They did post this match- which is Manase and first year pro, YuuRI, versus ASUKA and total anomaly, Yuki Kamifuku.  This is good.

• Like 2

Oh man, this is the best match I've seen in Kyushu Pro.  It's cool that Kodai Nozaki went from guy in the opening match putting other indie dudes over to main event head crushe- in, like, a year.  The STORY~! of this match is that Genkai (who is played by Danny Trejo) wants to beat the fuck out of Nozaki and Nozaki is surprised and RISES TO THE CHALLENGE!  The other two people in the match just get in the way of these two tearing into each other.  Genkai is fucking great trying to be a total dick to Nozaki.  It's really beautiful.

=====================

It's the best Kanon match so far!  Tomoka Inaba is on the verge of breaking out.  Kanon and Inaba trade submissions and it's FUN!

====================

This Remi Adetunji guy should become a giant star.  James Pharrell IS the best wrestler without a cagematch profile.

ONE would think that a match with Aster Boy and Aramis in it would be a battle to see who would die first.  SURPRISE!  Everybody wants to die!  This match is an indie lucha hoot.

========================

WRESTLEFORCE! should fly in FTR and have them wrestle Westside Heat.  That would be awesome.  Or fly in the Ass Boys.  That would also rule.  Westside Heat- James Toner and Smashing Mike- are the spunkiest babyface tag team in the United Kingdom.

=======================

Oh yeah, that's why Rachel Ellering fit in so well in the KnockOuts division.  She'll lay it in.  Jessica Troy takes her beating like a KING!

Oh man, this match is good.  Two lesser Cosmic Angels, Mina Shirakawa and Unagi Sayaka, invade Diana and get into a total dogfight with motherfucking Miyuki Takase and newest motherfucker, Haruka Umesaki.  Between this and the tag with Mei Suruga this week,  everything is coming up HARUKA!  The Cosmic Angels are awesome as the invader asskickers and Miyuki Takase rises to the occassion to trade punches with both.  So fucking good.

================

Lindsay Snow is back and she is awesome!  Erica Torres is underrated and should be on the internet more.

===============

Mika Iwata, the next Ace of Sendai Girls, takes on Active Advance Pro Wrestling's Ayame Sasamura.  It's good, given that it's fucking Mika Iwata versus some shmoe from Active Advance Pro Wrestling.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

New Blood 2. Lady C with nice new gear.

That Suzu Suzuki/Mai Sakurai match is fucking balls out.

• Like 2

Ryo Mizunami is as awesome as Manami is annoying in this match.  Yurika Oka is having waaay too much fun in this match.  DASH Chisako is the annoyed veteran who channels all veiwers by smacking Manami upside the head for screaming so much.  I mean, other than that, Manami is awesome and is the future of Sendai Girls.

===================

Miyuki Takase is having quite a run of good matches.  In Diana, she was the defender of the indie faith against the Cosmic Angels, who were big league invaders.  Here, she is in Sendai Girls so she plays it for laughs.  Crea is kind of sloppy and she annoys Yuu, which is pretty funny. Chihiro Hashimoto is the best in the world!  ASUKA is Chihiro's counter weight.

=====================

Toxin beats the life out of Dinamic Black and we get to watch!

I wish TK would go ahead and announce the TV deal for ROH so he could sign Fred Yehi and he would be on my TV regularly.  OR Mike Bennett could get him to IMPACT! and I could watch him every couple of Thursdays.  Bennett is wildly resurgent the last couple of months.

=====================

Man, these guys are good.  Jordan Saeed is the best in WRESTLEFORCE!- unless West Side Heat are having an especially good night.  Kylo Reece I've never seen before but BOY! is he fun.  This is the best match between two guys who don't have cagematch profiles that I can remeber.

=====================

Bengalee has been on quite a roll lately.  She is a plucky babyface and Cassandra is really great at being hateful to her.  I guess this is Gamboa's first match and she looks perfectly fine.  She's a big gal that Therius can land on.  Bengalee crushes everybody in the building with a total lunatic plancha.  This match is a COMPLETE hoot.

Bryan Keith is an indie guy from Texas who might be more fixated on King's Road style Japanese wrestling than even Eddie Kingston.  Josh Alexander looks very major league standing next to him but wrestles the match to Keith's strength- in the fact that Keith will beat the fuck out of you.   Alexander is fucking AWESOME going King's Road with someone.  This geared him up for JONAH and then Tomohiro Ishii, I assume.  Now I want to see Josh Alexander in Japan.

===================

It's like it's 2013 again!  It's Rocky Romero vs Davey Richards!  I'm assuming they could do this match in their sleep.

===================

I watched this match assuming it would be good fodder for the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS thread, but they can't actually conjure up any BLOOD.  It's weird.  So I turned on this match since death matches without blood seem kinda pointless, but then I noticed that this was actually pretty good.  Dig an ANOMALY!