DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Something that it's come to this. Just think Kota Ibushi's last NJPW match ever was vs. Kazuchika Okada in the G1 Climax 31 Final as he dislocated his shoulder and couldn't continue. This year and the last have been really bad for Golden Star.

Edited by The Natural

Evolution:

Female wrestler who will the inherit the Royal Road will be born.

No weight, height and sports background requirements unlike AJPW. Expect some beauty picks. The age requirement is 18 (finished HS) plus unlike Stardom's 16 plus.

Advertising agency Status launched this company. President Koji Nakanishi (East or Tokyo Sports Web) is one of the producers of this women's company.

Ice Ribbon will help out.

The training will happen in the AJPW dojo. Suwama and Shuji are the trainers.

I omitted some things.

6a3a0d6da690d9c6ae73b090dae34ee0.jpg

Edited by Blue Dragon

From Dramatic DDT blog 

King of DDT 2022

Tetsuya Endo (6th Appearance, 2017 & 2020 Winner)

Jun Akiyama (2nd Appearance)
HARASHIMA (13th Appearance, 2010 & 2013 Winner)
Naomi Yoshimura (5th Appearance)
MAO (4th Appearance)
Yuki Ueno (5th Appearance)
Chris Brookes (3rd Appearance)
Masahiro Takanashi (13th Appearance)
Kazusada Higuchi (8th Appearance)
Yukio Sakaguchi (10th Appearance, 2015 Winner)
Hideki Okatani (1st Appearance)
Yuji Hino (2nd Appearance)
Yukio Naya (2nd Appearance)
Daisuke Sasaki (12th Appearance, 2018 Winner)
KANON (1st Appearance)

Lottery decides who faces who.  3 shows.

Anyway I'm gonna ignore VOW like I always do, their stuff is obviously headcanon and slander when they don't get what they want. So they make up stuff. Lot of times reality debunks those guys. 

12 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Anyway I'm gonna ignore VOW like I always do, their stuff is obviously headcanon and slander when they don't get what they want. So they make up stuff. Lot of times reality debunks those guys. 

Give them money and you too can find out something someone on reddit will tell you or probably already knows that may or may not be true, but at least they get paid! Don't do this.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

FTlnguiWIAICwwj?format=jpg&name=small

Certainly is, Minoru Suzuki.

He choked out the translator right after this frame.

• Like 2

Suwama is evil again now. He plans to be more evil than Jake Lee. Jake Lee's unit are actually dark heros if you read what Jake Lee says in some stuff.

2738a61f821e5c71d7a39c9af6ed9340.jpg

Evolution is just two guys now. Suwama will face his former Evo and Ashino teammates on Sunday. Also more KONO in AJPW again? Another tall dude. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Kota 

https://www.njpw1972.com/121950

Chairman Kidani: "We would like to gradually restore 100% trust in the relationship."

Adding to the above:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/new-japan/njpw-addresses-status-of-kota-ibushi-will-remain-under-contract

I can't see what Chairman Kidani said happening.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Adding to the above:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/new-japan/njpw-addresses-status-of-kota-ibushi-will-remain-under-contract

I can't see what Chairman Kidani said happening.

I was around when NOAH had their Yakuza scandal, (installed anti-yakuza protocols later). While it's not fully the same situation (nobody knows who the secret people are this time around), people got demoted back then and still stayed with the promotion. So Kikuchi will be the same. 

As for Kota they will ty to work something out. Or wait for his contact to expire and move on.

• Like 1

It's hard to do several of the old Yakuza tricks in public in this day and age, thanks to technology with mobile phones and tablets and other tech existing.  Live web cameras of Japanese places are even online for people to watch.

Most of the Yakuza strong-arming towards people (more common in the 1980s to below for Japan) and their old ways of papering tickets and protection rackets got reduced and replaced with other means. Lot of those modern legit sponsors just hand out free tickets or reduced prices like some promotions did and still do in the west, to fill up parts of the crowds.

Japanese businesses are more likely to punish and demote for good. Kikuchi will lose power.

if Kota Ibushi info is true, then Kikuchi has been the booker for the last few years and not Gedo and Jado anymore. The new president and ceo of NJPW Takami Ohbari installed his own gang in since 2020.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1