DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

AJPW's new ring setup

No sponsors logos on the canvas, and the 50th logo instead and with new turnbuckles. Means NOAH carries on the old turnbuckle style.

FIEApzTacAIBqW_?format=jpg&name=small

FIEAOTOaIAIqjuc?format=jpg&name=small

Hayato and Ashino joined AJPW.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

I watched the AJP show..Yuma won with that kick he does on Ashino. Good fun matches. Need to rewatch the main because i got distracted irl.

Anyway, AJPW's roster back at 21 again, 22 once "Jumbo 3" debuts in May.

The new rookie who debuted today looks like a small junior Baba in purple.

Edited by D.Z

Hayato wants to be the Junior Ace of AJPW, while working for two promotions. I think Tigersmask is on a similar deal.

I will post night 2 in this space, if anything notable happens that is.

Matches were good, you can tell Tajiri mostly wants shorter matches below the real matches. And post match brawls. Honda attacked Kento.

24nMi413nj85duHt8L0EHqZdFG6fx9stQ_GUPRw9

Edited by D.Z

2 hours ago, matwarz said:

Just randomly stumbled into Kyushu Pro on ‘the tube’. Stayed for a sprightly jr tag and nice hoss 3 way and some quality production. I like, I come again Kyushu Pro.

Kyushi Pro is awesome!  Kodai Nozaki is the best secret hoss in Japan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, matwarz said:

Just randomly stumbled into Kyushu Pro on ‘the tube’. Stayed for a sprightly jr tag and nice hoss 3 way and some quality production. I like, I come again Kyushu Pro.

Since last year they do a live stream of Monday Night Vai on the first Monday of every month. They do a whole lot with other indy promotions because their roster is not that deep. Chikuzen Ryota is the president and doesn't wrestle as much these days but he had a run in NJPW as part of the Makai Club. Genkai did Osaka Pro under another name. Mentai Kid came out of the Toryumon system. Everyone on their roster has some sort of Kyushu related gimmick.

December was devoted to their "Glocal Tag League." At the same time, Kyosuke Sasaki has been doing UWF style matches with people from various promotions.

Also, they were founded as an NPO and do charity work around Kyushu.

Edited by lostinube
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The vacant Triple Crown will be decided between 4 men in a tournament. Whoever wins also becomes the face of the memorial year too. Ashino on the mic started the appeal to revive the Triple Crown and Suwama agreed, and then Kento who on mic said he wants to be Triple Crown champ again. Honda attacked Kento so that's why he is in it too.

i=https%253A%252F%252Fs.eximg.jp%252Fexn

I hope Suwama wins. Even if Kento wins he may still be stuck as secondary ace.

Edited by D.Z

Not much pre-news yet for NJPW, except "Liger thoughts" and other minor articles about the 3 belt title situations. Some think Tana could do fouls in his match with KENTA. No word on who X is, could be Sakuraba or some younger legit guy from combat sports instead.

It's important to note that the new pres of NJPW is a fan of the old NJPW, Kidani is too. Still not everything introduced into NJPW from the last decade will be thrown out.

There is lot of info online for most of the Japanese Pro Wres history and news I didn't bother to post about. The hows and whys most stuff came to be and who hates what and who and more. So, I will post more later this year slowly.

Edited by D.Z

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

The vacant Triple Crown will be decided between 4 men in a tournament. Whoever wins also becomes the face of the memorial year too. Ashino on the mic started the appeal to revive the Triple Crown and Suwama agreed, and then Kento who on mic said he wants to be Triple Crown champ again. Honda attacked Kento so that's why he is in it too.

i=https%253A%252F%252Fs.eximg.jp%252Fexn

I hope Suwama wins. Even if Kento wins he may still be stuck as secondary ace.

So does Kobayashi end up the first challenger of the winner? Seems odd to cut him out when he was the next challenger originally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

So does Kobayashi end up the first challenger of the winner? Seems odd to cut him out when he was the next challenger originally.

No information yet about Kobayashi.  Maybe at Champions Night 3. Anyway those 4 men above are AJPW contracted and Kobayashi could never be the face of AJPW.

• Like 2

O Khan learned a new move to do on Sanada. Doesn't mean he will do it but he could.

Naito is heating up the feud with NOAH and Kongo. Naito also wants to be the protagonist of the 2023 WK.

Again after WK 16 night 2 there will be only 1 undisputed IWGP World HW Champ. The G1 Championship fate will be up to Okada if he beats Shingo. But the certificate to face the IWGP World Champion certainly expires on WK 16 night 1.

So IWGP World HW, IWGP Jr, IWGP Tags, IWGP Jr tags, IWGP US HW, NEVER OW, NEVER 6 Mans, Strong championship, and the KOPW are the remaining titles post WK 16.

4 hours ago, lostinube said:

Since last year they do a live stream of Monday Night Vai on the first Monday of every month. They do a whole lot with other indy promotions because their roster is not that deep. Chikuzen Ryota is the president and doesn't wrestle as much these days but he had a run in NJPW as part of the Makai Club. Genkai did Osaka Pro under another name. Mentai Kid came out of the Toryumon system. Everyone on their roster has some sort of Kyushu related gimmick.

December was devoted to their "Glocal Tag League." At the same time, Kyosuke Sasaki has been doing UWF style matches with people from various promotions.

Also, they were founded as an NPO and do charity work around Kyushu.

Thanks for the info. I was impressed on all fronts. A friend of mine in Japan was surprised I checked out the show but stated a lot of insiders were looking forward to the show and was impressed with Chikuzen-san’s mind for the business. Certainly a show I would have attended had I been in Japan.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Yeah, Kobayashi instead of Honda would be a bit more interesting. (This is nothing against Honda).

Also, what’s Kento’s claim? Should be tag champs, Irie as TV champ, and Kobayashi. Now that is a tournament to be excited about!

When is the tournament?

Korakuen, on the 23rd this month.

It's book it yourself by the wrestlers. Kento is secondary ace so he gets a shot, and Honda is filling in for Jake lee the former unbeaten champ, and then the company said ok. Honda is obviously a guy to just pin.

It's also for the face of the 50th year, so no way they let the BJW guy win even he was in it. Who was mostly likely was gonna lose to Jake Lee.

• Like 1

Sorry, it's reason enough because it's for AJPW guys only. Commemorative matches. Anyway none of this would had happened if Jake Lee didn't get injured, so its all emergency booking. If they still had Zeus maybe he would had been in it but all what ifs are unrealities to me.

Also Abby Jr on the mic declared he is the provisional or interim Triple Crown champ and he will wait for Jake Lee. Who knows maybe AJPW will do their own belt crisis and have 2 Triple Crowns.

I accepted that AJPW is now (slightly) on the western "Sports Entertainment" type booking under Tajiri, hence the occasional funky gimmick matches and angle stuff and heels and wackyness and etc.