DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Oh, and the thing I forgot to mention is that so far in my experience with Warzone, it's just a bunch of toxic bros or wannabe military dudes. It's a small sample size based on the amount of games I've played, but I'm not thrilled.

• Like 2

@Craig HYou're not white knighting.  You treat other kids the same way you want your daughter to be treated when she is online.  That's what good parents and responsible members of the gaming community do.

I agree that toxic kids are the absolute worst, but I think that gamer kids in general get a bad rap.

I think that's a bit hypocritical because we don't judge adults as a whole by that one 0.4 K/D asshole who single-handedly loses the match for your team with bonehead play the same way we tend to judge all gamer kids by the one toxic squeaker who is complete trash at the game but insists on flooding chat with shit talk.

And I am a total callout Nazi when I am playing PvP.  Just ask Rippa.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, and the thing I forgot to mention is that so far in my experience with Warzone, it's just a bunch of toxic bros or wannabe military dudes. It's a small sample size based on the amount of games I've played, but I'm not thrilled.

I've heard that which is why I've never bothered to play Warzone.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I've heard that which is why I've never bothered to play Warzone.

Yeah...I don't think I'm going to play it much more. But hey, it was free! So no big loss or anything. It does look amazing on my PC though. It's maybe one of the most realistic looking games on it.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yeah...I don't think I'm going to play it much more. But hey, it was free! So no big loss or anything. It does look amazing on my PC though. It's maybe one of the most realistic looking games on it.

Are you playing BR or DMZ? For BR: Turn off mics, turn your party search option to ping only (communicate) and not competitive (playstyle) and your squad should get somewhat better. Or just do what I do and just turn off mics period and play, I even do that with Fortnite.

DMZ is a lot more chill than battle royale in my experience. If you ever wanna play, lemme know. I’m just trying to grind for the battle pass.

I heard Soccer Story is broken but that didn't stop me from playing Skyrim or Cyberpunk at launch, so I am going to dive into it. I need games to just occupy me for a few weeks until Christmas, so don't want to get into a game that is going to take up too much time.

My experiences in online games have been positive, mainly because I keep my mic and teammates muted (unless I’m playing with friends, then I’ll unmute).

People have different tolerances and tastes, I guess.

13 hours ago, twiztor said:

everything you guys are saying just reinforces my choice to avoid online completely and just stick with single player games. fuck all that other noise.

Animal Crossing is the one exception for me. I have had so many nice experiences hosting and visiting to sell turnips or trade items. It's a genuinely nice and gentle community.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Animal Crossing is the one exception for me. I have had so many nice experiences hosting and visiting to sell turnips or trade items. It's a genuinely nice and gentle community.

If we lived in a society where people could treat others like assholes while talking to an adorable cartoon deer, we'd probably need to collectively give up and walk into the ocean.

• Like 1

As someone who never really played Animal Crossing before ACNH, it is funny to watch people play some of the older games and see how snarky some of the villagers could be. 

sign of just how old I am:  I d to go into the help menu to figure out how to turn the PS5 off using the remote and just turn it off manually. 

took me forever to set up because the stupid HDMI cable was not completely plugged in. Then, it took like 2 minutes for the TV to find it. 

not played anything yet. Think it took over an hour to download Eagnarok while I was playing NMS. 

On 12/4/2022 at 1:06 AM, twiztor said:

everything you guys are saying just reinforces my choice to avoid online completely and just stick with single player games. fuck all that other noise.

Only time we ever go online is when playing with friends on Discord.  With a few of them in Florida it helps shorten the distance where we can still hang out virtually.  My wife does that more than I do but I've been having fun playing the new Ghostbusters game with a friend.

I've been debating finally pairing a controller to my iPad and iPhone. Has anyone tried any of the square RPGs on there and have any thoughts (mainly thinking about the FF Pixel remasters and more importantly Chrono Trigger)?

Finally scored a PS5 today. Of course the 1st thing I load is Minecraft, so I'm obviously taking advantage of the power.

Planning on picking up Elden Ring and Demon's Souls (didn't finish it on PS3) when I can find a deal.

I'll probably crack the seal on the SE Skyrim I got for PS4 a few Black Fridays ago.

Same as it ever was...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I wish I could have found a non bundled one. I'm sure I'll eventually play Ragnarok, but part of me wants to play them in order. 

Sign up for Playstation Plus and you can play the first one. Ragnarok is a true sequel and the storyline spoils the first game almost immediately. Both are great,  and if you enjoy the first, you will want to play the second immediately.