DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, Shane said:

Any company that allows me to play Skies of Arcadia on a current gen system will get my money. Like, that would literally sell me a PS5 in a way none of the exclusives have. My DC copy is apparently scratched to hell and won’t load. It’d be less convenient to play for me, too, as the DC is hooked up in the spare bedroom.

Sega’s gotta do something with it someday, right? Right!?!

I have this secret hope that Sony investing in Epic means that we're getting Skies of Arcadia sequel running with the Unreal Engine backbone.

I am a sad and deluded old man.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nothing entertains me more than all the doom and gloom from the comments on those sites JT mentioned about how it is the end of the world and no video game will ever be produced ever again and then like 20 seconds later they are all HERE ARE THE 20 GAMES I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS YEAR!!!!

GUITAR HERO WILL BECOME XBOX EXCLUSIVE ON GAME PASS~!   DEATH WILL FALL FROM THE SKIES~!!  RESIST~!!

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

GUITAR HERO WILL BECOME XBOX EXCLUSIVE ON GAME PASS~!   DEATH WILL FALL FROM THE SKIES~!!  RESIST~!!

I am okay with this if it means I get another Guitar Hero game

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am okay with this if it means I get another Guitar Hero game

I'd be first in line if they released another Guitar Hero or Rock Band they made a more compact drum kit.  I tossed mine, because I was moving and I couldn't think of a place to put that cumbersome ass drum set.  I still have a guitar and you can use any USB microphone, but there is no way to play drums unless you try to get them second hand and they are all super expensive and/or missing parts.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I found my plastic guitar in my son's closet over Winter Break

I think - THINK - I still own Rock Band 4

I am such a rube

I'm looking at the guitar right now, and I know for a fact I still own Rock Band 4.  I can't think of a series of games that has gave me more enjoyment than Rock Band/Guitar Hero.  I know how much the drums cost, because I've been looking for them because I have a group of friends who already agreed to have a Rock Band night if I ever find the drums.  The good news is you can find a Rock Band Keytar controller for less than $40.  

19 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm looking at the guitar right now, and I know for a fact I still own Rock Band 4.  I can't think of a series of games that has gave me more enjoyment than Rock Band/Guitar Hero.  I know how much the drums cost, because I've been looking for them because I have a group of friends who already agreed to have a Rock Band night if I ever find the drums.  The good news is you can find a Rock Band Keytar controller for less than $40.  

I just hate that you can't get the plastic instrument sets for a reasonable price, and there doesn't appear to be enough demand to create some new ones even though Harmonix still updates and supports that game. 

Just the other day I got the itch to play Rock Band again, but I don't want to dig out my 360 for it and also I may have trashed my drum kit when cleaning out my basement.

That drove me to look up drum kits and Rock Band 4 on eBay for the Xbox and...woah...seems like at a minimum it's $400. Yeah, pass on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Just the other day I got the itch to play Rock Band again, but I don't want to dig out my 360 for it and also I may have trashed my drum kit when cleaning out my basement.

That drove me to look up drum kits and Rock Band 4 on eBay for the Xbox and...woah...seems like at a minimum it's $400. Yeah, pass on that.

I've found them for less than that, but if you read the fine print it always says something like, "missing the kick pedal and the yellow drum doesn't work."  It is something that I knew at least 15-20 people with the full set when it was the fun new thing, but now I don't know anyone with the full set.  

I dumped my drum kit when I moved to a 4th floor apartment because I was like "Yeah - there is no way I can use this think without the downstairs neighbors wanting to murder me" (Factoring in I also had a young child at the time and a dog)

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I know we’re talking about Rock Band, but supposedly there’s another Guitar Hero in the works.

I will take either 

And I think we are at the point where any peripheral would work with a new game (he says setting himself up for disappointment)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I will take either 

And I think we are at the point where any peripheral would work with a new game (he says setting himself up for disappointment)

You say that, but the original peripherals worked for either game, which was a big key for making it as big as it was.  Not everyone had a second guitar,  but enough people had a guitar that someone could bring one if you were getting people together.  If they make everyone buy a new guitar, then the game will be less successful...except I'm pretty sure it would be the smallest of speed bumps for me.

I'm not an expert like you guys seem to be (although I did enjoy the original Guitar Hero), but didn't they change the number of buttons with the last Guitar Hero so they made everyone buy new guitars? My only concern with a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero is they'd change the number or function of the buttons and make everyone buy new peripherals anyway. They probably see too much money in getting people to spend $60 on an extra one.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will take either 

Yeah, auto pre-order if I can do it with all peripherals and the ability to work on Rock Band as well.

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah it seems like extreme optimism to hope that instruments from one or two console generations ago to be supported for a new entry in either franchise. 

I'm in a stupid work meeting where people are arguing about the validity of a percentage without anyone doing the math(it's what percent of 43 is 6? It's written as 13% when it's closer to 14%. This has been going on for days.), when I'm done I can try to fire up Rock Band to see if the guitar works on my Series X once it's over.  I'm betting it will work.  

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm in a stupid work meeting where people are arguing about the validity of a percentage without anyone doing the math(it's what percent of 43 is 6? It's written as 13% when it's closer to 14%. This has been going on for days.), when I'm done I can try to fire up Rock Band to see if the guitar works on my Series X once it's over.  I'm betting it will work.  

Alex Navarro runs his rock band equipment on his Series X. I'm not sure what generation stuff he's using. 

Also, it's either 13.9% or 14%. Unless there's a weird no-rounding/no fractions rule for business purposes.  

Edited by Chaos

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Also, it's either 13.9% or 14%. Unless there's a weird no-rounding/no fractions rule for business purposes.  

It was more of a should we use the numbers from source a or source b and whether or not their parameters were technically correct.  So one source included an incident off of the coast of Liberia in a report about the Gulf of Guinea and the other didn't, and it took multiple days to figure out which we should use and whether or not Liberia should technically be included.  So, it was written as "roughly 13 percent" because it would be 13ish percent depending on which report you wanted to look at.  It was determined that the coast of Liberia should not be included so it should be written as 14 percent.  I told my boss to just remove the line, because it didn't actually matter at all, but he wanted to go back and forth with his boss.  

With that said, I can confirm that at least the Rock Band 4 guitar works and I have 158 DLC songs.  If you don't hear from me for a few days, you should already know why.

• Thanks 1

My point was that if a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero released, they’d make it so the older instruments wouldn’t be compatible with the newly released game - not that the instruments currently don’t work on the new gen systems at all, because of course they do, both games had entries on the Xbox One and PS4 so that makes sense.

52 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Can we just get a new version of Rocksmith? Thanks. 

I looked into this when my daughter asked for a bass guitar and it looks like they are still making those games or supporting them. 

As for Rock Band, I only ever sang or played the drums and it was mostly the drums. I really miss playing that game. And now that my daughter is older, I think she wouldn't be half bad at playing the guitar.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I looked into this when my daughter asked for a bass guitar and it looks like they are still making those games or supporting them. 

As for Rock Band, I only ever sang or played the drums and it was mostly the drums. I really miss playing that game. And now that my daughter is older, I think she wouldn't be half bad at playing the guitar.

They discontinued it and aren't really supporting it. They're supposedly releasing a new version this year - but it's subscription-based.