DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

AEW is actually coming to my neck of the woods in March, and I'm happy to say I bought tickets to my first rasslin show since Royal Rumble 2006. Bringing a friend who barely knows anything about wrestling but he loves Orange Cassidy. I can't wait!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StevieNippz said:

AEW is actually coming to my neck of the woods in March, and I'm happy to say I bought tickets to my first rasslin show since Royal Rumble 2006. Bringing a friend who barely knows anything about wrestling but he loves Orange Cassidy. I can't wait!

Nice one. Enjoy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Okay, I know what Daniel Garcia reminds me of: The Angry Young Man of British cinema in the '60s. Room at the Top. Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.

Nice reference.  I was thinking maybe Welcome to the Dollhouse's Brandon.

Re: Lio Rush
Perhaps I'm under the assumption of the reputation that precedes him, but very pleased to see Lio's ego removed from the AEW locker room.  Irrationally and publicly calling out the guy pushing and paying you rather than discussing the matter directly is more than a fair reason to say 'seeya later superstar'. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jiji said:

Okay, I know what Daniel Garcia reminds me of: The Angry Young Man of British cinema in the '60s. Room at the Top. Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.

What’s it all about, Daniel?

Is it just for the grappling we live?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Lio Rush tweeted that his AEW contract will expire on February 14th and he'll be a free agent again. Seemed like things had been smoothed over, but apparently not.

Was wondering why he hasn't been brought up in the Team Taz "contract" thing.

What was that, like a 6 month contract?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

I love HOOK with everything I've got but this made me sick. 

Pathetic. Team Taz guys having fewer wins is criminal. 

The fact that this is about singles wins and yet counts a bunch of tag teams is kind of a bad faith way to look at things, although then we have to talk about the fact that there aren't more black singles stars, which is total bullshit. Somebody like Jay Lethal should absolutely have more wins than an ultra-green meme wrestler. 

Meanwhile, I really want The Acclaimed to be tag champs soon and have a good, long run.