DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

I hope the dream signing is Danhausen. So everyone can get out of their "the only big names are the ones from WWE years ago" mindset.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ugh, yeah, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that it's Keith Lee with Dragon Lee as a close second because every other option seems like a let down.

Keith Lee & Dragon Lee as a tag team, The Fightin' Lee Boys.

or

TK signs Keith Lee and gives him Swole's finisher and a year-long run with the TNT title.  Just for spite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Keith Lee & Dragon Lee as a tag team, The Fightin' Lee Boys.

or

TK signs Keith Lee and gives him Swole's finisher and a year-long run with the TNT title.  Just for spite.

Talk about choosing violence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RE: the "dream" signing.

I'm pretty sure TK didn't call it a "dream signing". From what I read, the host asked what the next "dream signing" would be, and then Tony talked about the 'next big signing". 

So I think everyone may be overly building up the next signing and setting themselves up for disappointment (from what I've read, I didn't hear the interview)

• Like 1

Again the interviewer said dream signing. That's how he phrased it, that wasn't a Tony Kahn thing. The Interviewer is also the one that said in North America, not Tony. Everyone using those as hints to connect dots or hyping themselves up, it was the interviewer's wording not TK. So those aren't dots to connect. This isn't him over hyping Christian again. Although I wasn't as put off by that as most, I would think he leanred his lesson.

Reasonable guesses:
Gargano
Keith Lee
The Briscoes
Bray Wyatt

Not reasonable guesses:
-Steve Austin
-John Cena
-Okada
-The Rock
-Velveteen Dream
-Bill Watts (lol)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, killsteve said:

Who else from ROH would be a big signing? Rush?

Jonathan Gresham. Give me Gresham vs Danielson all day please

Edit: I guess he's still signed to whatever ROH is gonna become?

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Jonathan Gresham. Give me Gresham vs Danielson all day please

Edit: I guess he's still signed to whatever ROH is gonna become?

Might be more into his own shit. He’s got Terminus to run. I can see him doing guest spots, but I don’t see him signing full time.

PCO was in RoH until quite recently. Might be interesting. Brody King is widely assumed to be already All Elite, because of the whole "co-holding the PWG tag belts with Malakai Black" thing. Rok-C would be good in terms of a One for the Future signing, but she's not a known name yet, unless you're paying quite a lot of attention.

I would actually watch BTE if we got some of PCO and Destro doing their crazy basement gym vignettes.

Danhausen is probably a shoe in, but he's months away from being able to wrestle again. His last video is all about him having no contract, though he's also the type to troll people about something like that. Even though he's months away from being able to wrestle, I'd get a kick of him doing Danhausen stuff on BTE or backstage.

I don't think it is going to be the Briscoes

I am not saying they aren't being brought in for a match or two - since didn't they already tease something against FTR on the last ROH show - but I think the Briscoes have set themselves up nicely picking their own dates (kind of what Gresham is doing too) so I don't think they would sign a full time deal with AEW

Like honestly - if this was 2 years ago when the ROH collapse happened - I would totally envision HHH bringing in the Briscoes as a one off for the Dusty

It's Gargano, guys. He's going to debut in like two weeks at Beach Break in Cleveland.

Also, Cody is on G4's Attack of the Show: The Loop this afternoon. It's a sit down interview show that Kevin Pereira does - he did a pretty long one with Xavier Woods sometime in December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, EVA said:

Alabama has beautiful white sand beaches on the Gulf front. Please direct your scare quotes to Mississippi.

The beaches on the (Mississippi portion) gulf ain't that bad.

That said, I've only been to the Gulf part of the state like 3 times and most of that pre Katrina and 90 other devastating hurricanes that have hit that area.

Now, the beach in Grenada, MS much closer to where I'm from...that shit ain't no beach. The poor people in the Northern part of the state (which is mostly forest and almost vacant, sparsely populated towns outside the Delta) decided to make their own beach since they don't travel down south.