DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

10 hours ago, The Z said:

It seems clear that JCW will be the A-Show that day, but I wonder, if they'll put on an intentionally shitty show for IWTV.

The thing about that is, they're selling tickets to the show. And there's going to be more than one of these shows. Seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Where was that at? Venue looks awesome. 

Globe Theatre in LA. It's where PWG runs ever since they left the legion hall in Reseda behind.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:31 AM, Zimbra said:

Point of order: for the moment they're just pretending it's postponed until July. But, yeah, this show is not going to happen.

"We moved the event out of the UAE out of respect for the death of Sheikh" is a classic bit of pro-wrestling bullshit.

HEY, GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?

This was such an easy shot to call that I can't even feel that good about it.

Well more and more people were publicly speaking out against them

Nia Jax got pissed at them again as they kept advertising her even after she pulled out of the card (which was mentioned earlier)

Matt Rehwoldt says the promotion completely ghosted him after he cancelled a booking to work be at their show (granted that was only after they claimed they would pay Rehwoldt upfront)

So we are seeing what lessens AOP learned from their time in WWE

so apparently there is an upstart indie called Garden State Pro Wrestling that's running a show at the end of this month (the 23rd) that has a pretty good card. I'll probably grab this on Fite if the price is reasonable because the women's matches look bonkers. And there's like two men's matches that I'm interested in as well.

* Tony Deppen has been replaced with Titus Alexander

FWrQk7jXoAEou6m?format=jpg&name=900x900

The matches I'm interested in are the double main events, the triple threat, Blackwood/Angels and Dark Sheik/Jai Vidal versus Edith Surreal/Heather Monroe.

• Like 2

That show starts in 30 minutes, by the way.

The wrestling gods have gifted me an Allie Katch match with Edith Surreal involved, a Billie Starkz match, a triple threat with Lindsay Snow, Masha and Janai Kai AND a Konosuke Takeshita match for my birthday? I am truly blessed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

292807496_750701842876157_71877487857371

This seems... ambitious...

I'm looking at the Nov 6th date in Philly and I'll be honest, morbid curiosity has me wanting to go....depending on ticket prices.  Ever since the Electric Factory was renamed Franklin Music Hall, ticket prices have seemed to rocket

• DEAN changed the title to INDY WRESTLING THREAD~
  • DEAN pinned this topic
On 7/17/2022 at 9:30 AM, DEAN said:

Deadlock rules.

Haven't seen any of their full shows yet, but this is now the closest Indy to me. I'll be going to this next show, should be dope. Super excited to see Takeshita live. NC has been getting some great shows lately.

Don't know much about DPW, but it looks like they are booking great talent. A lot of their roster I'm not overly familiar with (outside of the folks who have been in AEW and I THINK PWX), anyone I should check out before going to this show?

Dante Martin is on the card as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Man, I'm gonna have to see this card.  Somehow.  

FYJ25JcXkAAjdpk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah that card is insanely fuckin' stacked. In addition to that match, they've already got...

• Bunkhouse Battle Royale
  • Impact Knockouts Title: Jordynne Grace vs Deonna Purrazzo vs Rachael Ellering
  • Harry Smith vs Killer Kross
  • The Briscoes vs The Von Erichs
  • Kerry & Ricky Morton vs Brock Anderson & Brian Pillman Jr
  • Impact World Title: Josh Alexander vs Jacob Fatu
  • Laredo Kid vs. Taurus vs. Rey Fenix vs. Bandido
  • Motor City Machine Guns versus The Wolves
  • Jonathan Gresham vs Nick Wayne vs Alan Angles vs Konosuke Takeshita
  • Ren Narita vs Clark Connors

BTW - if you use a VPN on Fite, it's $19.99. Otherwise, it's $35 for this show. Which, honestly... maybe worth it?

• Like 2