DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Uhhhhhhhhh okay (spoilered for size)

Reveal hidden contents

May be an image of 7 people and text that says 'The Sequel to HalrBaked Dexter Darden as JR Moses Storm as Miles Ramona Young as Cori Rachel True as Mary Jane David Koechner as Diesel Ash Santos as Trisha Joel Courtney as Bruce UNIVERSAL 22'

I'm in.  I'd watch a movie of Rachel True scrolling through her phone and waiting for cookies to bake.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Emancipation

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Will Smith, Ben Foster, Charmaine Bingwa, Gilbert Owuor, Mustafa Shakir, Steven Ogg, Grant Harvey, Ronnie Gene Bivens, Jayson Warner Smith, Jabbar Lewis, Michael Luwoye, Aaron Moten, and Imani Pullum.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Emancipation

Will Smith, Ben Foster, Charmaine Bingwa, Gilbert Owuor, Mustafa Shakir, Steven Ogg, Grant Harvey, Ronnie Gene Bivens, Jayson Warner Smith, Jabbar Lewis, Michael Luwoye, Aaron Moten, and Imani Pullum.

Holy shit. Now that is a fucking cast.

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Great, what did HE do?

Oh, in addition to what Rippa said, Brewer went off the deep in what seems like forever ago. Quit smoking weed, found God, became an insufferable and judgmental piece of shit, and he's only gotten worse since. 

• Sad 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:06 PM, RIPPA said:

Emancipation

Fucking Apple TV, I swear to God..

Edited by J.T.

I have a feeling this might be decent, but Gabriel Byrne as Enzo Ferrari? I love Gabriel Byrne but he basically looks like a map of Ireland, there's a point where you need to go with a Pisano, Andy Garcia or James Caan before he passed. Also, I always pictured the Ferruccio Lamborghini/Enzo Ferrari argument over the clutches to be more like my uncles arguing during a card game.

Steven Spielberg's next movie will be a remake/reboot/reimagining of Bullitt (Variety called it an "original feature based on the character")

Bradley Cooper will be playing Frank Bullitt (played by Steve McQueen in the original)

• Sad 1

Full Trailer for Babylon

I am not posting the full cast list again but just a reminder that it is written and directed by Damien Chazelle

Also as a warning - run time is listed as over 3 hours

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Full Trailer for Babylon

I am not posting the full cast list again but just a reminder that it is written and directed by Damien Chazelle

Also as a warning - run time is listed as over 3 hours

At least it makes sense to be that long, given it's an homage to those crazy Griffith and Von nStroheim epics like Intolerance. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mister TV said:

I believe this is only for the stuff shot in Detroit. There were already stills out there from the production in, presumably, somewhere in Georgia or in Hollywood. For a bunch of old dudes, Foley, Taggart, and Rosewood don't look like they've aged that bad. 

Ronny Cox is also still alive, but I think he's got to be pushing 90. Maybe he'll have a cameo.

And Rest in Power Inspector Todd, both dead in real life and had his on screen character killed off.

"DON'T THINK AXEL! IT MAKES MY DICK ITCH!" "YOUR BUDDY, MARIO ANDRETTI FREEMAN, WRECKED THE DAMN FERRARI!"

• Haha 2