DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember when you listened to "Dragula" and "Thunder Kiss '65" back in the day?   Well, this is your fault.

So everyone who was really into ECW then

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Fall

Directed by Scott Mann.

Starring: Grace Caroline Currey, Virginia Gardner, Mason Gooding, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

In theaters on August 12th!

I can do monsters and bloody intestines and serial killers, but heights?  Yeah, fuck that.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, colonial said:

‘Fletch’ Reboot With Jon Hamm Heads to Showtime, Lands Same-Day Streaming Release (thewrap.com)

Looks we are getting a new "Fletch" movie after all.

Premiering on Showtime a month after a theater/VOD release? Not getting my hopes up.

It's not really a reboot; it's kind of a sequel.  It will be based on the second book, Confess, Fletch, which is the sixth if you read them in chronological order.

It is a pretty awesome novel and it happens about three or four years after Fletch.  Hopefully the story won't get fucked up when it is adapted to the screen.

IIRC, the events in Fletch Lives never happened in any of the Greg McDonald novels.

I am still bummed that Kevin Smith never got his Fletch Won project off of the ground.  People moaned about the casting at the time, but young Jason Lee or young Zach Braff would've probably made for a perfectly fine Fletch Year One fresh out of journalism school and tackling his first big story.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's not really a reboot; it's kind of a sequel.  It will be based on the second book, Confess, Fletch, which is the sixth if you read them in chronological order.

It is a pretty awesome novel and it happens about three or four years after Fletch.  Hopefully the story won't get fucked up when it is adapted to the screen.

IIRC, the events in Fletch Lives never happened in any of the Greg McDonald novels.

I am still bummed that Kevin Smith never got his Fletch Won project off of the ground.  People moaned about the casting at the time, but young Jason Lee or young Zach Braff would've probably made for a perfectly fine Fletch Year One fresh out of journalism school and tackling his first big story.

I really wanted to see Kevin Smith make that Fletch Won movie. Jason Lee would have been perfect at that time.

• Like 1

She Said

Director: Maria Schrader (I'm Your Man)

Carey Mulligan, Zoe Kazan, Patricia Clarkson, Andre Braugher, Samantha Morton, Tom Pelphrey, and Adam Supiro

Some characters are just voiced but not seen on screen (Harvey Weinstein and Rose McGowan being the two big ones)

BLACKBIRD

Starring: Michael Flatley, Eric Roberts, Patrick Bergin

In theaters in Ireland September 2; U.S. unknown

Have you ever said to yourself that you would love to see a James Bond/Eurospy epic starring "The Lord of the Dance"? Well ...

Michael Flatley stars in this spy film, which was directed by, written by, produced by and primarily financed by the Irish dance king.

Premiered with a private screening in 2018, only to vanish from sight until today's announcement of a theatrical release in Ireland. 

Who knew Flatley had the goal of being Ireland's Tommy Wiseau?

Scripted by Troy Kennedy Martin (The Italian Job), the adaptation of Brock Yates’ book Enzo Ferrari – The Man and the Machine is set in the summer of 1957. The drama has been described as a Godfather-esque tale in which the car company was on the verge of going broke and Enzo and his wife Laura’s marriage was on the rocks. The film’s main setpiece will be the 1957 Mille Miglia, covering 1,000 miles, which determined the future of both Ferrari and his company.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Channing Tatum is replacing Chris Evans in Apple's Project Artemis

Evans decided to leave the project due to scheduling conflicts with two other movies he is doing

Also, Greg Berlanti has replaced Jason Bateman as director

Tatum will be starring opposite Scarlett Johansson

Secret Headquarters

Owen Wilson, Michael Pena and a whole lotta children

It is a movie in the vein of Sharkboy and Lava Girl and Sky High so know that going in before watching the trailer

The Krays was awesome. Re: Blackbird, Eric Roberts would have been a hilarious addition if I hadn't already been told he'd be in it, haha. But yeah it looks watchable and people might be surprised. 

Shit, what to say about Barney? If that happens then we need Teletubbies done as a '70s midnight movie acid trip. She Said should be as damning as Spotlight, if they do it right. And you know exactly how I feel about another Mann movie

Edited by Curt McGirt

Carter looks fun and preposterous like a Korean action movie should be.  A spiritual reboot of Hardcore Henry from the looks of it, only with more crazy camera angles than just first person....

...and fast cars....

... and zombies...

Edited by J.T.

In proper South Korean action movie tradition, the plot makes zero sense and no one will care because it will be fun.

Carter has a bomb in his head wired to go off if he doesn't deliver this girl to the right people in order to head off a zombie apocalypse and for some reason, a rogue South Korean government and of course the CIA are trying to stop him, since Americans are usually the heavies in these movies.

The Host was pretty much a Fuck You to America in horror movie form.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

In proper South Korean action movie tradition, the plot makes zero sense and no one will care because it will be fun.

I mean some of them try, but not all of them succeed. ?

South Korea over the last several years has went the action comedy route with a lot of hits (Okay! Madam, Extreme Job, Sinkhole, Exit, A Hard Day) and a lot of misses (Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage, The Soul-Mate). The country is also relying on big name ensemble blockbusters, especially since North America is buying the distribution rights for almost everything now. These movies seem to be rarer and rarer.

• Like 1