DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 5/11/2022 at 12:24 AM, John from Cincinnati said:

Early critic reactions from Top Gun: Maverick sound very promising. ? 

Awesome.  That movie is my birthday present to myself this year - better be good!

Jerry Bruckheimer says work has started on another Pirates of the Caribbean movie - they are working on two scripts - one were Margo Robbie is the lead and one were she is not (they are in discussions with her now).

He was also asked about Johnny Deep returning to the franchise and Bruckheimer said he doesn't see it "at this point" but that circumstances could change

I didn’t think the discourse around that court case could get dumber, but now I’m imagining people wearing eyeliner and fake hair braids nervously playing with their replica pirate saber while they watch the verdict being read. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Spiderhead

Directed by Joseph Kosinski

Chris Hemsworth, Miles Teller, Jurnee Smollett

OSJ recommended that I read Escape from Spiderhead by George Saunders and it was the best thing I'd read in a long time.  Hopefully this Netflix joint will measure up, 'cause it's got huge shoes to fill.  If this movie does well, hopefully Netflix will also adopt Saunder's Civilwarland in Bad Decline.

• Like 1

BROS  (RED BAND TRAILER)

Starring Billy Eichner, Luke McFarlane, Bowen Yang, Ts Madison and Dot-Marie Jones

Directed by Nicholas Stoller (Forgetting Sarah MarshallGet Him To The GreekNeighbors)

--

Red band due to a LOT of language and you know, gay stuff.   

Also, this looks better than it has any fuckin' right to be.   I think I have to see it. 

• Like 1

In more Margo Robbie casting news - per Hollywood Reporter, Robbie will star in a prequel to Ocean's 11 in a movie directed by Jay Roach

The film will be set in Europe in the 1960s

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In more Margo Robbie casting news - per Hollywood Reporter, Robbie will star in a prequel to Ocean's 11 in a movie directed by Jay Roach

The film will be set in Europe in the 1960s

Maybe she will play Sharon Tate again. 

Oceans 8 was………fine? I guess?

You’re not going to get another good Oceans movie unless you get Clooney, Pitt, and Damon being joined by 8 new people. Or 7 if we include Cheadle. 

• Like 2

My Fake Boyfriend

Director: Rose Troche (The L-Word)

Starring Keiynan Lonsdale, Sara Hyland and Dylan Sprouse of all people

@Dolfan in NYC - another movie for the gay rom-com pile

June 17 - Prime Video

• Like 1

That looks like such a fucking mess.   All my friends will watch and cackle about it.  

I will watch, pretend that I hate it, and secretly love it.  

?

DIRECTED BY: George Miller

WRITTEN BY: George Miller and Augusta Gore

BASED UPON: The short story “The Djinn in the Nightingale’s Eye” by A.S. Byatt

CAST: Idris Elba, Tilda Swinton

RELEASE DATE: Aug 31, 2022

• Like 1

Jeremy Renner is set to star as journalist David Armstrong in an as-of-yet untitled film based on the true story of Armstrong’s work uncovering secrets about the opioid epidemic.

So in my mind I am picturing what if Dopesick was a Borne movie

Another trailer for Elvis

This trailer does a good job of giving you enough information to allow you to decide if this movie will infuriate you or not

• Like 1

The Gray Man

Directed by the Russo Brothers

Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jessica Henwick, Wagner Moura, Alfre Woodard, Regé-Jean Page, Billy Bob Thornton, Julia Butters, Dhanush, Scott Haze, Calla Mulvey, Eme Ikwuakor, Michael Gandolfini, Sam Lerner, Robert Kazinsky, and DeObia Oparei.

Select theaters July 15

Netflix July 22

The trailer for Beast.   I will pretty much watch anything with Idris Elba or Sharlto Copley in it, and this movie has both of them.

Edited by J.T.