DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Starring Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, and Stephen Lang

Directed by James Cameron

Premieres December 16th.  

Hmm...At times the CGI looked pretty bad. At other times, it looked good. For the most part, it reminded me of the Final Fantasy movie, which I don't think is a good thing. 

And that's honestly the only thing I can comment on. I have no idea what the story is so there's no point in saying anything about that. I mean, maybe it was the water motif, but I was catching some heavy vibes of Moana while watching that and all that made me do was want to go watch Moana for the hundredth time instead of watching Avatar.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 2:48 PM, RIPPA said:

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Daniel Radcliffe = Weird Al

Rainn Wilson = Dr Demento

Julianne Nicholson = Mary Yankovic

Toby Huss = Nick Yankovic

Evam Rachel Wood = Madonna

I am disappointed that the name of the Weird Al biopic isn't Dare To Be Stupid.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

To correct myself: THIS CGI fucking sucks. I mean I have no problem with something like Dune or LOTR. This is garbage however. 

I wonder if some of the weirdness is that this was shot higher than the typical 24 frames per second for movies. I know at one point Cameron was aiming for 120 FPS, but I think this is someone closer to 60 FPS. 

It's like no one learned any lessons from the Hobbit movies.

• Like 2

Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies, Long Shot) will direct the Dirty Dancing sequel

He was originally only going to produce but now is directing too

Jennifer Grey will return as Baby

Can they cgi her original nose back on her?

Sorry, I'm in the camp of thinking her pre-nose job nose looked way better and was a lot cuter.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Did someone post the Elvis trailer and I just blocked it out?

Yes - because I think we already had the discussion around Tom Hanks' accent (unless there was a 2nd one that came out)

2 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Unnecessary streaming service remakes battle between Cheaper by the Dozen and Father of the Bride!

In the comments for THIS trailer is a comment that Disney is supposedly working on a remake of the 1991 movie to put on Disney+.  Dueling remakes of (different versions of) Father of the Bride!

If Walken can deliver lines like "Bring in that floating fat man," with the same growl as Gabriel's lines in The Prophecy, then everything will be all good.  

With Florence Pugh cast as Princess Irulan and Walken as Shaddam, there is no doubt that Irulan got her good looks from her mom.

• Like 1

Bullet Train has been delayed again

It's not too bad - just moved back a week to August 5

Deadline says Sony bumped it back to market it as the "last summer event movie"

Austin Butler, the actor in the titular role of Baz Lurhmann's Elvis biopic, will play Feyd-Ruatha in Denis Villeneuve's Dune, Part 2, and Dune, Part 3.  

He will be perfect.

Edited by J.T.