DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Another trailer for Jurassic World Dominion

A dude on an E-Scooter gets eaten so my opinion of this movie just went up

I thought the first trailer was great but had absolutely zero faith in the movie being good. This trailer is much less great and leaves me super confident this movie is going to be utter and complete garbage.

Does the Jurassic Park franchise just exist in a world in which Guns with Bullets aren’t a thing? Or a national guard? A T-Rex couldn’t 1v1 a dude with an Assault Rifle, let alone a tank, how am I supposed to buy it would be a threat to all of humanity.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan
  • Like 2

"Bigger = bulletproof" has been a thing since giant monster movies began. Then there's the general tendency of fiction writers to be completely unaware of how much damage military-grade weapons actually do. 

I think the dumbest example of that I've seen is in World War Z when zombies are able to overwhelm militaries because center mass shots don't kill them. Who cares if the heads are still moaning if their bodies are shredded to bits?

• Like 2

Who says you couldn't make Blazing Saddles in this day and age?

Alex Winter (Bill & Ted Face the Music), Alok Vaid-Menon (Random Acts of Flyness), Andy Allo (Chicago Fire), Désiré Mia, Jennifer Jajeh (Transparent), Juliana Joel (American Gigolo), Julie Ann Emery (Better Call Saul), June Carryl (Y: The Last Man), Junes Zahdi (Counterpart), Laith Ashley (Pose), Mario D’Leon (Power), Nora Armani (The Blacklist: Redemption), Oluniké Adeliyi (The Expanse), Patton Oswalt (I Love My Dad), Reagan Gomez (Queen Sugar) and Shawn Mousavi (Echo 3) will star in the action-drama Absolute Dominion, which Lexi Alexander wrote and is directing for Netflix and Blumhouse Television.

In the martial arts pic currently in production, it’s 2085 A.D., and the world has been destroyed by religious warfare. Desperate to save humanity, global governing forces host a gripping, no-holds-barred, martial arts tournament. Last fighter standing wins Absolute Dominion for one faith.

I cannot wait for the internet to eat itself when the first trailer hits.  With a premise like that, Lexi cannot half-ass this.  It needs to be maximum offensive if it is going to stand up as good dystopian satire.

Edited by J.T.

22 hours ago, The Comedian said:

"Bigger = bulletproof" has been a thing since giant monster movies began. Then there's the general tendency of fiction writers to be completely unaware of how much damage military-grade weapons actually do. 

I think the dumbest example of that I've seen is in World War Z when zombies are able to overwhelm militaries because center mass shots don't kill them. Who cares if the heads are still moaning if their bodies are shredded to bits?

I remember thinking that when I first read the book. On what world would sawing those zombies in half with bullets not be effective? 

• Like 1

Don't Worry Darling

Sept 23, 2022

Director: Olivia Wilde

Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Gemma Chan, KiKi Layne, Chris Pine, Olivia Wilde and Nick Kroll

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Daniel Radcliffe = Weird Al

Rainn Wilson = Dr Demento

Julianne Nicholson = Mary Yankovic

Toby Huss = Nick Yankovic

Evam Rachel Wood = Madonna

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, (BP) said:

Of course they don’t have real-world weapons, they spend all their time trying to weaponize fucking dinosaurs. 

then where's my Dino Riders movie?

8557.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Easter Sunday

Director: Jay Chandrasekhar

Starring: Jo Koy, Jimmy O. Yang, Tia Carrere and pretty much every Filipino-American in Hollywood

On 4/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, just drew said:

I remember thinking that when I first read the book. On what world would sawing those zombies in half with bullets not be effective? 

At least in the movie they're fast moving zombies so a shit ton of them could realistically overwhelm military units due to sheer numbers. But they're slow movers in the books.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

It’s just a secret Crank sequel where Chelios needs to keep getting stung to survive.

That... Actually sounds kinda awesome

• Like 1
  • Haha 2