DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Lance Reddick is doing the main VO role for the upcoming Hellboy game.

I can't unhear Sylens because he's so associated with that character (who also is modeled on him facially). 

2 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I can't unhear Sylens because he's so associated with that character (who also is modeled on him facially). 

And I can't unhear Zavala

I love Lance Reddick but he makes zero effort to differentiate his characters voices

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

And I can't unhear Zavala

I love Lance Reddick but he makes zero effort to differentiate his characters voices

Considering how his actual speaking voice sounds, I can't blame him. It's already perfection. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I think Lance Reddick is the new James Earl Jones.  You hire him for a voice acting gig to hear his actual voice.

He is not like Grey DeLisle or Wil Freedle whom you higher because they have the range to voice multiple characters if asked to do so.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I think Lance Reddick is the new James Earl Jones.  You hire him for a voice acting gig to hear his actual voice.

He is not like Grey DeLisle or Wil Freedle whom you higher because they have the range to voice multiple characters if asked to do so.

Lance Reddick, Keith David, James Earl Jones, Christopher Judge, you are hiring them for their voice more than their acting.  They are all outstanding actors, but nobody has ever asked any of them, "do you do any other voices?"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I expect Sylens to call her a Guardian and Aloy would look confused and talk about crumpets in a faux English accent.

I expect Sylens to say,  "McNulty, my office!," and Aloy to make a silly face and say,  "what the fuck did I do?"

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I expect Sylens to say,  "McNulty, my office!," and Aloy to make a silly face and say,  "what the fuck did I do?"

I wish Ashly Burch had a cameo so I could get her to say this in Dominic West's weird-ass british-accent-doing-a-baltimore-accent voice.

Amazon Games is publishing Crystal Dynamics' next single player Tomb Raider game that's coming out. I was worried for a minute until I saw that they said it's multiplatform. I was going to go ballistic if it was an Amazon Luna exclusive or something.

You’re in luck, since both editions have sold out and they’re exclusive to the Square Enix store.

Also shipping was $20+ because y’know, Square Enix, so it put the basic physical edition at around $100 after taxes and shipping.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

You’re in luck, since both editions have sold out and they’re exclusive to the Square Enix store.

Also shipping was $20+ because y’know, Square Enix, so it put the basic physical edition at around $100 after taxes and shipping.

I didn't make it that long unfortunately. My self control is... poor. I did resist the Final Fantasy XVI collector's edition though, even I have my limits.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic