DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

9 hours ago, tbarrie said:

This is true of games in general, not just video games. But yes.

Yes, except we're buying a $70 video game that takes thousands of highly paid specialized workers years of work to produce.  $70 for something that takes that much time and money to produce is an incredible value.  You can spend that much on a basketball and get the same amount of use out of it, but it probably only cost Spalding about $10 to shit one out of the factory.  A board game takes time to develop, but you can absolutely develop a board game by yourself for pretty much free, and the manufacturing and distribution of the game is probably still cheaper than a video game.  You know what be the best value in all of entertainment?  A deck of cards.  Super cheap, lasts pretty much forever, can play countless games, and readily available.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, supremebve said:

I hope no one in the gaming industry reads this, but you get more for your money with video games than pretty much any other entertainment genre.  For $60-$70, you can have upwards of 100 hours of use depending on the game.  Honestly, my biggest gaming pet peeve lately is that games are too long.  I don't want to pay an extra $10 per game, but I'm also not going to complain about it.

This is so very true. 

Things that will be shown tomorrow at The Game Awards are starting to be announced.

So far (and I am sure there are more)

• Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Sky: Children of the Light
  • Wild Hearts
  • Destiny 2: Lightfall
  • Tekken 8

FWIW regarding Baldur's Gate 3, I have been in on that since it was first made available in early access, which feels like at least 2 years ago, and that game is still a mess. The camera is attrocious and it's still super buggy. I'm curious as to what they're actually going to show since the devs have been very transparent about their progress on the game the whole way through.

To put it another way, it feels like they're trying to recreate what Divinity 2 did and they don't quite know how to pull it off. 

• Like 1

Also regarding SF 6, Jeff Gerstman mentioned the other day that Capcom would soon be re-opening the closed beta or rather, letting more people into the closed beta for the game. 

With the amount of positive buzz for SF 6, this is probably the first time I've been interested in getting a SF game in years. I'd pull the trigger if I didn't now totally suck at fighting games.

Horizon: Burning Shores made my night and was heavily rumored since the game was released so I’m a happy camper.

That Judas game looks a hell of a lot like Bioshock so I’m interested immediately. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Horizon: Burning Shores made my night and was heavily rumored since the game was released so I’m a happy camper.

And below is the trailer for Horizon Call of the Mountain

And for your latest GTA knockoff

Crime Boss: Rockay City

The cast is:

Michael Madsen, Danny Trejo, Kim Basinger, Damion Poitier, Michael Rooker, Danny Glover, Chuck Norris and Vanilla Ice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And for your latest GTA knockoff

Crime Boss: Rockay City

The cast is:

Michael Madsen, Danny Trejo, Kim Basinger, Damion Poitier, Michael Rooker, Danny Glover, Chuck Norris and Vanilla Ice

Kinda looks more Far Cry knockoff than GTA.