DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Because it doesn’t’ check boxes?  Lol, different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I’d prefer they  concentrate on making an entertaining game.  In any case, I’m going to have to know a lot more before I form any opinions.

Edited by madl

21 minutes ago, madl said:

Because it doesn’t’ check boxes?  Lol, different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I’d prefer they Judy concentrate on making am entertaining game.

Because of course that can't happen if everyone's not white.

Now I remember why I put you on ignore. Let me do that again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I just found out Richard Schiff is voicing Odin in Ragnarok and I'm even more pumped for this game.

Reviews have been exceptional so far.

3 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Now I remember why I put you on ignore. Let me do that again.

Nope, making everyone white doesn’t actually make for a better game any more than including minority characters does.  It doesn’t really matter to me one way or the other.  Final Fantasy XII is going to be a huge game with lots of moving elements.  Picking one issue out of 100 or 1000 and forming an opinion about the game seems myopic to me.  Probably should at least see the finished product before forming an opinion.  Not that you really need a reason to not be interested in a game.

Putting me on ignore seems like an overreaction, but probably the right call.  Not sure what your problem with me is, but I’m not going to make it my problem too, so good luck.  

11 hours ago, JLSigman said:

TMK, there have been two blackish high-profile characters in the FF games.  One had a machine gun for a hand which was totally badass..

The other had a baby chocobo nesting in his afro.

I haven't given a shit about FF games for a long time now because of that shit, nor do I really expect Squeenix to rise above racial stereotypes and video game tropes when they create their characters.

I wonder what whiny emo bishounen loner they will have saving the world this time around?

Edited by J.T.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, Death From Above said:

Honestly felt pretty alright to me, looking forward to seeing the finished product because I could absolutely use a new boxing game.

I still play Fight Night champion on occasion. It holds up to an extent still. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 4:46 PM, odessasteps said:

out Now 

Ooh...is this one of the many iOS/Android versions that has come out over the years that's been ported, or is it an entirely new version?

1 minute ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Ooh...is this one of the many iOS/Android versions that has come out over the years that's been ported, or is it an entirely new version?

I think this is the version that was/is on Apple Arcade. 

If it was $10 bucks I'd be in, $30 is too steep for this one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I think this is the version that was/is on Apple Arcade. 

If it was $10 bucks I'd be in, $30 is too steep for this one. 

Yeah, I saw that price and immediately wait-listed it.