DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

ESA is claiming that E3 will return next year as an in person event

It is being run by Reedpop - who has done PAX and New York Comic Con

June 13 to 16 at the LA Convention Center

They are switching to more of a Gamescon model with the 13-15 being Industry Days while the 15-16 will be "Gamer Days"

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I‘m lol’ing because I’m imagining you mean the Sid Meier’s Pirates I played on the Commodore 64 as a kid.

Which given how long it's taken to release it, Skull & Bones may take as many years as the gap between Commodore 64 and now for it to come out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I‘m lol’ing because I’m imagining you mean the Sid Meier’s Pirates I played on the Commodore 64 as a kid.

Absolutely. Honestly, it's really a totally unique meteor in the video game sky. I played the NES version myself.

Fuck, the XBOX remake is like 20 years old now, jesus christ

• Like 1

The fact that this is made by the people who made the Friday the 13th Asymmetrical Horror game just feels really cynical.  Like instead of making another game that's going to take a L to Dead By Daylight, why not reinvest the devtime and resources into making F13 better? There's been enough games that have basically 2.0ed themselves and gotten out to the right streamers that it would be a more feasible approach then trying again with an even lesser known (to the masses) IP then your other game.

• Like 2

They've had a lot of issues with F13 because if various rights issues around the different parts and characters, so it might just be better to take what they learned into another IP that doesn't have the rights issues.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

They've had a lot of issues with F13 because if various rights issues around the different parts and characters, so it might just be better to take what they learned into another IP that doesn't have the rights issues.

Ahh I didn't know they were having rights issues; that does make sense.

I’m just upset that seemingly every horror franchise is doing these types of games now. Killer Klowns, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Not exactly horror, but even the new Ghostbusters game is in that style. Predator Hunting Grounds as well 

It’s like the battle royale fad. I like Fortnite, but I don’t need Ubisoft to turn The Division into one.

• Like 1

Friday the 13th still is one of the games I had the most fun playing with randoms online ever. Glitchy mess but boy was it fun for about a year. I'd love it for them to make a sequel and learn from their mistakes but, yeah, licencing hell puts a stop to that for now. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will be sad when VtM:  Bloodlines 2 inevitably breaks the record and becomes vaporware.  I have moved past Denial and am now in the Acceptance stage of my grief.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

All I want is Bloodborne on PC

Best they can do is sell the rights and make a TV show/movie, and then do a remake of the game.

Speaking of: on the heels of the Last of Us Part 1 Remake, reports are out there that the next game (that's a media property in the streaming world now) to get a remake is... Horizon Zero Dawn!

So stupid.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

So stupid.

Because…..?  I’m fairly hyped for a HZD remaster/remake, so hopefully it’s not just a rumor.

Different strokes for different folks and all, but personally I’m a lot more into what Sony is doing this generation than Switch or Xbox. 

Edited by madl