DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

17 hours ago, Jiji said:

Cult of Lamb looks really neat. I'll absolutely get that eventually. 

I had to jump on that as soon as I saw the first trailer. Played a little bit last night, the art style is glorious, and grafting the hack and slash gameplay to a Woodland Critter Christmas style cult simulator definitely seems like it will be the secret sauce to get me invested in a management game.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if those Pokemon leaks are true. Breaks the way Dex has been for decades. Just gonna have to wait to see if true.

James Turner left few months ago, for his own independent studio. Wonder if he will make his Pokemon knock off later on?

Two under the radar (well, they were on State of Plays so maybe not really) games are out this week with Rollerdrome and We Are OFK.

Rollerdrome is thankfully a single player game and not an online multiplayer game I was fearing; it's from the developers of Olli Olli World and is getting good reviews.

Not sure about We Are OFK but it's an episodic game that has a similar vein to Sayonara Wild Hearts with a bit of Oxenfree in there. I'm more cautious about this since we haven't really seen gameplay and seen mostly cutscenes.

The Marvel game that Amy Hennig’s Skydance New Media studio is working on is likely Fantastic Four. We’ll find out for sure in September at D23, though.

The press release they put out for the games section of D23 described it as an “ensemble” game, so it could be anything from something like Ultimate Alliance, or an X-Men game, or something else. But I’m putting my bets on F4.

• Like 1

Didn't know a Saints Row reboot was happening. Only found out now as Saints Row is trending on Twitter and it's getting a kicking while people are talking about the old games. I really liked Saints Row: The Third which made me get Saints Row and Saints Row 2 which I hardly played due to my diminishing interest in games.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Didn't know a Saints Row reboot was happening. Only found out now as Saints Row is trending on Twitter and it's getting a kicking while people are talking about the old games. I really liked Saints Row: The Third which made me get Saints Row and Saints Row 2 which I hardly played due to my diminishing interest in games.

You know J.T. will make it a 100+ hour game for him, 80 of which will be spent in character customization.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 6:14 PM, RIPPA said:

Hey @J.T. - you can start creating your character now

You might be finished by the time the game launches

Hey! I already mocked JT about this earlier in the thread!

Honestly - it makes me feel better since Destiny's new season starts tomorrow so I was feeling bad about not being able to start Saints Row right away. Now I can wait a little - I could give a fuck about the reviews for people complaining about what is or isn't in the game. I do care about the level of bugs that have occurred on streams I watch.

Theoretically they can fix the bugs

Also maybe it will show up on GamePass by the time I get to it

• Like 2

So at Gamescon - they just showed footage of the new Tales From the Borderlands but since the person on the stream never stopped talking, I have no fucking clue what happened.

I need that to hit Youtube sooner rather than later

I've been playing a Playstation for years and I still have never grown comfortable with the thumbsticks on the Dual Shock/Dualsense. The Xbox controller on the other hand? Best controller ever. It just feels so much better with the asymmetrical thumbsticks.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So at Gamescon - they just showed footage of the new Tales From the Borderlands but since the person on the stream never stopped talking, I have no fucking clue what happened.

I need that to hit Youtube sooner rather than later